AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Fall Out Boy News - Page 9
Displaying posts 120 - 135 of 509.
10:16 PM on 02/28/12
37 Everywhere
User Info.
i was under the impression they had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of their lives

yikes
10:18 PM on 02/28/12
George_mm
You bred raptors?
User Info.
i was under the impression they had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of their lives

yikes
I know he said otherwise but I'm sure they SOMEWHAT do. He also implied he spent alot of money on his solo work. Also I'm sure his living budget is alot higher than the average person, maybe?
10:18 PM on 02/28/12
defy_stars
midnight nuisance
User Info.
This blog brought me so very close to tears. I'm very depressed after reading this. It's disgusting how people act nowadays. Absolutely downright awful. I cannot believe how ignorant and inconsiderate people are. I guess they don't mind when people treat them like shit, huh? "treat people the way you want to be treated". i hope these cunts feel so incredibly bad now that they've seen this. i'm raging and tearing up at the same time.

Patrick Stump, I have the utmost respect for you as a musician and as a person. You have thousands of fans across the world and you have many friends in the industry. Whatever you do, don't give up your music career. You've seen a lot of success, so take that over the hate. Remember the good over the bad. You're one of the most talented people out there and you have a very unique voice. There aren't many people who can do what you do.
10:19 PM on 02/28/12
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
i felt betrayed by soul punk. i still cringe at the thought of it. it's just incomprehensible to me.

"what if i said my city was the best?"

(cringe)
10:19 PM on 02/28/12
sammyboy516
User Info.
You realize you're exactly the type of person who causes people (not just musicians; all people) to feel the way Patrick is describing, right? You look at it as innocent trolling, but really, it's immature and irresponsible commentary that can really get under the skin of some. You'll argue that people needed thicker skin - but why couldn't you have just left that comment alone?

Thank you for saying this. I always want to respond to people who say stuff like that but never really know how to word what I want to say; this is exactly it.

At the end end of the day, some people are just inconsiderate and downright mean; no other word for it. Not necessarily talking about that guy in particular, but just people in general. If what you're about to say isn't kind, edifying, etc, or if a criticism isn't at last constructive, then why even say it at all? I'lll never understand how people can live with themselves when they hide behind their computer screen and talk down on people for the sole purpose of hurting their feelings.

That was way more then I intended to say, but I guess all of that applies to the topic at hand anyway haha.

/rant
10:23 PM on 02/28/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
i felt betrayed by soul punk. i still cringe at the thought. it's just incomprehensible to me.

(cringe)
You felt betrayed? Why? Because he made music that he wanted to make? Because he expressed himself the way he wanted to with conceding to what you wanted of him? Dude doesn't owe you shit so how can he betray you?
10:25 PM on 02/28/12
kianacarly
I'm feeling strong and moving on
User Info.
Aww, this made me so sad. I've always had a soft spot for Patrick and not gonna lie, I've been crushing on him since TTTYG for all these years no matter what haha. I didn't love his solo album but he has always seemed so nice and grounded. A lot of people will probably tell him to stop whining, but I totally get what he's saying and I can't imagine how that feels. I will always follow his career and be open to anything new he does. I really always imagined him having success behind the scenes after FOB. He is incredibly talented.

The entitlement that some "fans" feel is disgusting. Also, FAD remains their best album. Can't comprehend how anyone could hate it.

People need to realize that instead of telling people to grow a pair or to be thicker skinned, that hey, maybe just stop being a douche is the better solution. Criticism is fine, but some people go out of their way to be cruel and it's not okay.
10:26 PM on 02/28/12
nsgob22
User Info.
FOB always had tons of haters after they got popular. They always seemed to stay true to what they believed. They helped their friends go on tour and helped the "scene" It is sad that they get such a negative backlash
10:28 PM on 02/28/12
soccerlord357
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i actually had the pleasure of meeting patrick at a meet and greet when FOB opened up for Blink in Tampa, he actually reached out to give me a handshake and he was just the most genuine person you will ever meet. whether his future is with his solo stuff or with FOB, I wish him the best.

LONG LIVE PATRICK STUMP!
10:28 PM on 02/28/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
Thank you for saying this. I always want to respond to people who say stuff like that but never really know how to word what I want to say; this is exactly it.

At the end end of the day, some people are just inconsiderate and downright mean; no other word for it. Not necessarily talking about that guy in particular, but just people in general. If what you're about to say isn't kind, edifying, etc, or if a criticism isn't at last constructive, then why even say it at all? I'lll never understand how people can live with themselves when they hide behind their computer screen and talk down on people for the sole purpose of hurting their feelings.

That was way more then I intended to say, but I guess all of that applies to the topic at hand anyway haha.

/rant
I'm with you. The fact that people make accounts only to criticize is frustrating.

Blame parenting, blame kids these days, blame video games, blame whatever- it just really sucks.
10:30 PM on 02/28/12
37 Everywhere
User Info.
I know he said otherwise but I'm sure they SOMEWHAT do. He also implied he spent alot of money on his solo work. Also I'm sure his living budget is alot higher than the average person, maybe?
That's true, i know Tom said it cost him half a million to self release the first LOVE album.
10:34 PM on 02/28/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
This is so fucking distressing. Especially since Folie a Deux is a towering fucking achievement in recent pop. People, ESPECIALLY kids from this godforsaken "scene", suck.
10:35 PM on 02/28/12
jwicklun
Never forget.
User Info.
i felt betrayed by soul punk. i still cringe at the thought. it's just incomprehensible to me.

(cringe)
Yes, because Patrick was writing Soul Punk for the typical FOB audience. Yup, he stabbed you in the back alright.
10:37 PM on 02/28/12
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
I don't have a horse in this race, but it's clearly a case of when some negative voices seem louder than the positive ones.

The solution is pretty simple: if you're a fan, show this man love and show it often.
When he gets back out there, probably with FOB, be extra vocal with appreciation.
It will all be fine.

And get those kids some medical help, jeez. I will never get paying for a show to boo the main act.
10:39 PM on 02/28/12
defy_stars
midnight nuisance
User Info.

/rant
Good for you
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT