Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 57.
09:40 PM on 02/29/12
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
I loved everything these guys released and this album is included. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy.
01:00 PM on 03/01/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
Can't wait to hear this! I used to listen to listen to the first album nonstop, I'll have to spin that one too. Good review!
04:43 PM on 03/01/12
DanSweeney
User Info.
This album rules, and as for the s/t, I feel like I see more people saying they don't know it got bad reviews than people actually saying it was bad. I think each album is made up of some seriously high highlights and a few good, but not "great" songs. Maybe the s/t just had a few more of those than OWTBA.
07:29 PM on 03/01/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
This album rules, and as for the s/t, I feel like I see more people saying they don't know it got bad reviews than people actually saying it was bad. I think each album is made up of some seriously high highlights and a few good, but not "great" songs. Maybe the s/t just had a few more of those than OWTBA.
I didn't give that record a bad review really. Just not nearly as good as the other two records.
05:33 AM on 03/02/12
mattisrawrock
Thinker
User Info.
Might be a little late on this bandwagon, but what is a good album of theres to kind of start out with?
11:14 AM on 03/02/12
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
Might be a little late on this bandwagon, but what is a good album of theres to kind of start out with?
Their debut, Only Way To Be Alone. Then get this next, it's way better than their sophmore.
07:30 AM on 03/03/12
iam1bearcat
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

i'd start out with their debut, Only Way to Be Alone and then get their sophomore album, S/T and then this. a lot of people seem to dislike or not think as highly of their S/T but i love both (of their first two albums, i haven't heard the new album yet) and they're both very different in atmospphere and nature.

OWTBA is very acoustic, harmony driven and the S/T is much more "folkie" and features some neat moments of "Indian-type" music (with what seems like flutes and stuff). - and i apologize if that seems racist or cold to say, i don't know how else to explain it

both are very smile inducing and beautiful records, imo.

either way, you can't go wrong!
12:49 PM on 03/03/12
cameeeron
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah, I listened to the first three tracks and just preordered it.
02:17 PM on 03/03/12
Khouse89
Welcome to Greyhound Nation
User Info.
Personally, it's their second best album.
04:58 PM on 03/03/12
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
This review wasnt particularly well written or descriptive, it was actually kinda bad.

Also, I've never heard any real complaints on S/T.
11:02 AM on 03/04/12
airik625
-
User Info.
Nice review, man. Great album.
07:04 AM on 03/05/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
Pretty good review, but I definitely couldn't review it without commenting on how much they're obviously drawing from classic 70's counterparts.
10:30 AM on 03/05/12
AustinHoag
Fogle
User Info.
I've been hearing more and more about these guys. Maybe I need to give them another chance.
10:58 AM on 03/05/12
cut!print
Keep me simple, unplug my head.
User Info.
Same here. I wasn't even aware people didn't like it as much.
I agree, their Self-Titled was a great album and I don't think it made up for or lacked in anything that Only Way To Be Alone had or didn't have. Simply different albums and both of them we're nothing but sublime. Still miss Days Away though...
11:00 AM on 03/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I agree, their Self-Titled was a great album and I don't think it made up for or lacked in anything that Only Way To Be Alone had or didn't have. Simply different albums and both of them we're nothing but sublime. Still miss Days Away though...

Yes?
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News