AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

02:06 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
kingsarewild
YOU BETTER THINK AGAIN, MOJAMBO.
Why would you smoke pot that didn't get you high?
That's like asking why would God create the devil?
02:13 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
DrStrong
Resident Misogynist
No Avatar Selected
Kansas City, MO
Male
My point is that if it didn't get you high, you wouldn't have so many advocates for it.
02:24 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old
Well duh, the high is the reason people who don't need it for medicinal reasons use it. I mean obviously there's plenty more reasons for legalizing it, but yeah, the reason many want it legalized is so that they can use it how they wish... you know, to get high... I don't see many denying that.
I feel like I must be missing here?...
02:28 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
usa
Genderfluid - 26 Years Old
Well duh, the high is the reason people who don't need it for medicinal reasons use it. I mean obviously there's plenty more reasons for legalizing it, but yeah, the reason many want it legalized is so that they can use it how they wish... you know, to get high... I don't see many denying that.
I feel like I must be missing here?...
He's saying that people inappropriately argue the medicinal benefits of pot because they just want it legalized so they can get high. he doesn't feel that that's a good enough reason to legalize it when there are currently legal medical alternatives.
02:35 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
SomethingClever
SomethingClever
Male - 30 Years Old
I'm listening to the Joe Rogan podcast, and B-Real from Cypress Hill is the guest. They're talking about the legalization of weed and the benefits, etc.

I'm against it, I believe letting the general public have the ability to be high around non smokers is a bad idea. Similar to the reason we have drunk in publiclaws. The main argument is that "no one has overdosed from weed". Which may be true, but not everyone can handle weed, similar to how some people can handle liquor better than others.

If it were to be legal, I feel the only rational way is to make it legal for people who actually need it, not just for anyone that can go buy and carry openly. I know we have medical places but for $200 here in California, you can all of a sudden be "diagnosed" with something that will let you buy weed from a dispensary. I just think these laws should be a little more strict and something put in place to narrow down the scams and quacks out there.

But I do have a question that I don't really ever hear discussed. All of the pro-weed people swear by the magical plant and claim that THC can replace a lot of pharmaceutical stuff. What if weed didn't give you the "high" feeling, what if it had no feeling at all, would you still be praising it because it can be a substitute for harmful medicine?

Basically, I feel that the reason potheads want the weed legal is so they can be high more freely, and not be worried for possession. Then, the argument that it put forward is that it seems to help certain people. But if you take that "high" feeling away, I wouldn't be surprised if the push for legalization goes away.

i'll start by saying i don't smoke weed. i have and i didn't care for it. that was like 12 years ago. BUT i def think marijuana should be legal. Beyond the arguments i've seen on this board talking about prescription pills (just look at the amount of deaths that have occurred because people have become dependent on them) the focus can easily be centered on alcohol. the idea that you can drink, get drunk and have all of that be legal as long as you're over 21 but can't smoke a joint is absurd. alcohol damages you mentally and physically. people die from liver damage, from alcohol poison, from driving drunk. not to mention you could get your license removed from drunk driving but i know people out there are in jail for marijuana possession. I'd also like to see how many fights break out in a bar after a bunch of people smoke weed compared to how many fights break out in a bar/sports arena due to people being drunk. at least you can use marijuana for medical reasons and then yeah you can also get high, a benefit that is similar to people who enjoy getting drunk.
02:38 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
409, Texas
Male - 25 Years Old
That's like asking why would God create the devil?

That's a whole other conversation hahaha.
02:40 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old
He's saying that people inappropriately argue the medicinal benefits of pot because they just want it legalized so they can get high. he doesn't feel that that's a good enough reason to legalize it when there are currently legal medical alternatives.

ok

I think people should approach it differently.
More importantly than "Why should it be legalized...?" is "Why is it illegal in the first place should it be illegal because of this?..." if that makes any sense at all.
02:45 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
llwilliamsll
FUCK...EDDIE VEDDAR???
Chicago, IL
Male
I would like it legalized so I can get high, and so others who could use it medicinally would have access to it. My purpose isn't solely for myself, but for everyone.

Is one not allowed to have a purpose for both one's self and others, or is one's purpose for wanting it legalized, completely based on the wants of that one person? Maybe I'm missing something here...

I'm sure "potheads" want it to be legalized for their own personal gains, but also for others who could actually benefit from it.
If cannabis did not get you high, it would not be illegal to possess it. There would be no discussion similar to this, pertaining to cannabis. It would just be another plant on the Earth. The fact that it has the ability to alter your state of mind is a reason why it's discussed and argued for, so often.
02:48 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
usa
Genderfluid - 26 Years Old
ok

I think people should approach it differently.
More importantly than "Why should it be legalized...?" is "Why is it illegal in the first place should it be illegal because of this?..." if that makes any sense at all.
Perfect sense. And I agree 100%
02:56 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
Hail Lelouch
Hasn't alcohol been confirmed 100 times over as being both more addictive and harmful to human health than weed? In short, yes.

I don't smoke, but it just doesn't make sense
02:58 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
Caleb Cabrera
gooby pls
Mustang, Oklahoma
Male
1. Legalize ALL drugs.
2. Put tax on said drugs.
3. ???
4. Profit.

But seriously, we could help ourselves a lot by legalizing pot, as well as other drugs. Just because it's legal doesn't mean people will just go out and start snorting coke or shooting up heroin. I digress, yes. Pot should be legal. I do smoke, and I do it to get high. Nothing more than that. But that doesn't mean that somebody that really needs it shouldn't be denied treatment.
03:01 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
ChristianLFTW
That's not a noyf. This is a noyf.
New Jersey
Male
I'm against it, I believe letting the general public have the ability to be high around non smokers is a bad idea. Similar to the reason we have drunk in publiclaws. The main argument is that "no one has overdosed from weed". Which may be true, but not everyone can handle weed, similar to how some people can handle liquor better than others.
If your qualm with its legalization is really that, I doubt that it'll be legalized and let people just smoke it in public.
03:06 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
kingsarewild
YOU BETTER THINK AGAIN, MOJAMBO.
If your qualm with its legalization is really that, I doubt that it'll be legalized and let people just smoke it in public.
Yeah, it will most likely be like it is for medical marijuana patients now... On your property or someone's where they allow it, can't drive or operate heavy machinery, etc. Like alcohol.
03:37 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
spiffa0
Oh my God, it even has a watermark.
Westmont, NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
Let people waste their money on whatever they want
03:38 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
Max Stern
@HeyMaxSup
Denver, CO