Username
Password

10:21 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
I wasn't saying that you were. I honestly couldn't care less if it's legalized as long as it's treated essentially the same way as alcohol. Just saying that that argument is dumb.
Served on tap?
10:23 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
kingsarewild
YOU BETTER THINK AGAIN, MOJAMBO.
i was referring more to the dangers of drunk driving. my first post was mostly just agreeing that alcohol has a lot of potential to be really dangerous, probably moreso than marijuana.

i think people should be able to make their own decisions, provided they aren't dangerous to others or interfering with others' ability to choose not to do something. that's my main problem with smoking of any sort, it's so invasive.
As far as drunk driving, there's no way to revise the law so that it doesn't happen. People are stupid and will do stupid things. But there are probably some practical ways to help fix the problem. I'm thinking something like breathalized ignition switches for cars, but there have to be better ideas than that.

Smoking can be invasive, but if weed ever gets legalized, I can promise you it will only be allowed in designated areas. I mean you can't even smoke cigarettes in the entire city of Calabasas, CA anymore. And I'm legally allowed to possess weed now (by CA law), yet I can't smoke in public or drive a car, so I'm sure they would still regulate the shit out of it.
10:28 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
#ThankYouTim
Collegeville, PA
Male - 21 Years Old

Haha no, I mean that you shouldn't be allowed to get high in public or drive while high.
10:30 PM on 03/01/12 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
Haha no, I mean that you shouldn't be allowed to get high in public or drive while high.
I know, haha, sorry. I imagine the only real difference to the way people use pot now would be something like marijuana cafes like they have in Amsterdam. Other than that, it would probably still just be a lot of people chilling at home.
12:56 AM on 03/02/12 
User Info.
Palestinian
Unregistered User
No Avatar Selected
Bay Area, CA
Male - 20 Years Old
It's really a simple fucking argument. It's actually not even an argument. If alcohol is legal, then marijuana should definitely be legal. That's it. I can't see how any idiot in this thread can even begin to try and say that the criminalization of marijuana is, to any extent, justified.
03:33 AM on 03/02/12 
User Info.
Love As Arson
Resident Marxist
The Motherland
Male - 29 Years Old

Vaporizers?
06:45 AM on 03/02/12 
User Info.
Caleb Cabrera
gooby pls
Mustang, Oklahoma
Male
NOT smoking weed makes me homicidal.
Everything these days causes cancer.

Great reasoning. I'm sure pedophiles would love to not get in trouble for molesting little kids too.
This is by the worst fucking argument I've ever seen.
07:06 AM on 03/02/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
This is by the worst fucking argument I've ever seen.

Well that's because kidinthebushes is just the worst.
07:14 AM on 03/02/12 
User Info.
kidinthebushes
Downers Grove, IL
Male
It's really a simple fucking argument. It's actually not even an argument. If alcohol is legal, then marijuana should definitely be legal. That's it. I can't see how any idiot in this thread can even begin to try and say that the criminalization of marijuana is, to any extent, justified.

If guns are legal, grenades should be legal too....and bombs!
07:16 AM on 03/02/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male - 29 Years Old

Its more like, If rifles and handguns are legal then bb guns should be legal too.
07:17 AM on 03/02/12 
User Info.
kidinthebushes
Downers Grove, IL
Male
Its more like, If rifles and handguns are legal then bb guns should be legal too.

But you'll shoot your eye out.
07:18 AM on 03/02/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male - 29 Years Old
But you'll shoot your eye out.

Haha. In all seriousness the "if this drug is legal then this one should be" is always a losing argument. However, the fact that criminalization of marijuana has been a complete failure, and the fact that its effects are less harmful than other drugs on the market make a very good case for at least extreme decriminalization.
07:19 AM on 03/02/12 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
Guns and grenades don't even do the same fucking thing what in the actual fuck do you keep talking about? JESUS CHRIST STOP PLEASE.
07:21 AM on 03/02/12 
User Info.
Caleb Cabrera
gooby pls
Mustang, Oklahoma
Male
I hate kidinthebushes. He can't formulate a single good argument against legalizing pot.
07:25 AM on 03/02/12 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
I hate kidinthebushes. He can't formulate a single good argument against legalizing pot.
If pot is legal, murderers should get to murder people!

If marijuana is legalized, we should abolish child labor laws, too!

If people can smoke pot, they should be able to sell their daughters into indentured servitude!

C'mon guys...prove me wrong.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version