Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 57.
06:15 PM on 03/01/12
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
Not hating, Just curious over your new sound man. Any plans for new music soon?
06:17 PM on 03/01/12
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
how ? you haven't heard any new songs yet :/
and lol at "Agressive Folk", don't take that too seriously. they've said that their "music will not be changing too much so hope everyone can still love us the same." i just hope they won't disappoint

I meant namewise haha. I mean, obviously if there was a lawsuit, they'd have to change it, but Lead Hands sounds so incredibly meh.

And I really hope they don't, either, because I loved the Decoder self-titled, but at the same time, I'm just not feeling it yet.
06:19 PM on 03/01/12
Brandonmorrill
User Info.
Dang it, I was just getting into them.
06:20 PM on 03/01/12
honestykills
User Info.
Interestingly enough their facebook says "LEED" and "LED" hands in the comments, I don't think they realize what their name is.
Noticed that as well. In the info they say "LEED" but some of the fans are saying "lead as in a lead pencil" in the comments. Personally I'm hoping it's the latter, since that seems to make more sense.
06:25 PM on 03/01/12
Jack Burns
LEAD HANDS formerly DECODER
User Info.
its lead like in a pencil, a simple typo... people are too harsh.
06:31 PM on 03/01/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Jack do you have any links to the BONES project? I really want hear Liam's voice to compare.

I only briefly searched, but all I came up with was a Facebook with 30 likes and no music. I get the feeling they hadn't really done anything.
06:33 PM on 03/01/12
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
What happened to Bryce?
06:34 PM on 03/01/12
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
Was the ambient tag always part of their genre description? Because it would be awesome if they focus on some more ambient instrumentation.
Also where does it say agressive folk?
06:36 PM on 03/01/12
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
User Info.
What happened to Bryce?

No idea, I figure he had something to do with the lawsuit. Some kid on Lead Hands' FB posted that Bryce was talking about the band somewhere, but I checked his FB profile and he deleted it.
06:36 PM on 03/01/12
Raarzipan
Registered Member
User Info.
its lead like in a pencil, a simple typo... people are too harsh.
I wouldn't call it being harsh, just find it funny that it isn't just ONE typo, it is a regular typo throughout the comments section.

I mean, I understand typing it wrong once, I typo all the time, but changing the typo into a different typo when it is your bands name?

Quote:
It's "led" hands, not "leed" Jordan Todd we were being sued for our name so we HAD to legally change it.

Also: may want to fix this, it makes no sense.
Quote:
Formly Decoder - Ex Oceana, Ex Of Machines, meets a project an old project called BONES.
06:42 PM on 03/01/12
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
No idea, I figure he had something to do with the lawsuit. Some kid on Lead Hands' FB posted that Bryce was talking about the band somewhere, but I checked his FB profile and he deleted it.
i found this on tumblr, but then again quoting tumblr as a source isn't very credible.

“[i]n regards to my departure from the band as tactfully as I can put it: FUCK THE MUSIC INDUSTRY! FUCK RECORD LABELS! FUCK MANAGERS! FUCK BOOKING AGENTS! FUCK ALL THE DIPSHITS WHO WILL SUCK THE COCK OF ANYONE IN A MORE NOTABLE BAND TO TRY AND GET THEIR BAND BIGGER! FUCK ALL YOU FAKE FUCKERS! All you bands who claim to “love your fans” and say you do it for them and then talk shit on them the second they turn around and say things like “oh, we had a talker”. Fuck you. A million times fuck you. You’re all so full of shit and it’s a game that has nothing to do with music. All the friends I made through this band you know who you are. Everyone else can fuck themselves.”
— Bryce Sipes (Ex-Decoder bassist), on why he left the band.

http://tallpaulsaid.tumblr.com/post/17157739891
06:42 PM on 03/01/12
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
I only briefly searched, but all I came up with was a Facebook with 30 likes and no music. I get the feeling they hadn't really done anything.
They'll probably mesh any written material they had. Thanks man
06:55 PM on 03/01/12
Ohaidere
User Info.
Truth
06:59 PM on 03/01/12
Ohaidere
User Info.
i found this on tumblr, but then again quoting tumblr as a source isn't very credible.

“[i]n regards to my departure from the band as tactfully as I can put it: FUCK THE MUSIC INDUSTRY! FUCK RECORD LABELS! FUCK MANAGERS! FUCK BOOKING AGENTS! FUCK ALL THE DIPSHITS WHO WILL SUCK THE COCK OF ANYONE IN A MORE NOTABLE BAND TO TRY AND GET THEIR BAND BIGGER! FUCK ALL YOU FAKE FUCKERS! All you bands who claim to “love your fans” and say you do it for them and then talk shit on them the second they turn around and say things like “oh, we had a talker”. Fuck you. A million times fuck you. You’re all so full of shit and it’s a game that has nothing to do with music. All the friends I made through this band you know who you are. Everyone else can fuck themselves.”
— Bryce Sipes (Ex-Decoder bassist), on why he left the band.

http://tallpaulsaid.tumblr.com/post/17157739891
Oh... I see... well, that was mature.
07:01 PM on 03/01/12
Ohaidere
User Info.
Was the ambient tag always part of their genre description? Because it would be awesome if they focus on some more ambient instrumentation.
Also where does it say agressive folk?
The ambient part has always been there and they changed the aggressive folk back to heavy rock... lots of confusion going on right now.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests