Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 57 of 57.
01:13 AM on 03/02/12
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
Why is everyone so pissed off? New name, new direction. I have the utmost faith in these guys, seriously.
02:41 AM on 03/02/12
TonyZimmzy
I wake up in other years...
User Info.
Good luck. Change isn't a bad thing.
03:59 AM on 03/02/12
MikeyAndTheCity
User Info.
Not really in agreement with the way either party is reacting in a negative way, though I can imagine it can be disheartening to a band when their "fans" act like this. Why are the fans jumping all over this? If it's Lead Hands, that's the name the guys in the band chose, partially because they could no longer go by Decoder. If you don't like the "name change", grow up. It's a name and they haven't even released the introduction to the band so there couldn't be a comment on a change of sound.

I thought the Decoder debut was alright but was missing a hook to really get me into the album. I really liked both Oceana's LPs and really liked the vocals Keith did on The Tide. I'll be listening to Lead Hands debut when it comes out, hopefully it's this year!
05:45 AM on 03/02/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
decoder was pretty solid. interested to see where they go with this.
05:55 AM on 03/02/12
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
sorry your brains can't handle change. when you lose a lawsuit in the court of law you have to change the name. what's so hard to understand? were going to write music and thats that. if you don't like it. piss off.

Mature. Real mature.
07:17 AM on 03/02/12
3lda
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i found this on tumblr, but then again quoting tumblr as a source isn't very credible.

“[i]n regards to my departure from the band as tactfully as I can put it: FUCK THE MUSIC INDUSTRY! FUCK RECORD LABELS! FUCK MANAGERS! FUCK BOOKING AGENTS! FUCK ALL THE DIPSHITS WHO WILL SUCK THE COCK OF ANYONE IN A MORE NOTABLE BAND TO TRY AND GET THEIR BAND BIGGER! FUCK ALL YOU FAKE FUCKERS! All you bands who claim to “love your fans” and say you do it for them and then talk shit on them the second they turn around and say things like “oh, we had a talker”. Fuck you. A million times fuck you. You’re all so full of shit and it’s a game that has nothing to do with music. All the friends I made through this band you know who you are. Everyone else can fuck themselves.”
— Bryce Sipes (Ex-Decoder bassist), on why he left the band.

http://tallpaulsaid.tumblr.com/post/17157739891
He really posted that. https://twitter.com/#!/brycesipes/st...57725862371328

I'm stoked to hear what they're going to do. These guys have a lot of potential.
07:37 AM on 03/02/12
seanthethief
User Info.
i found this on tumblr, but then again quoting tumblr as a source isn't very credible.

“[i]n regards to my departure from the band as tactfully as I can put it: FUCK THE MUSIC INDUSTRY! FUCK RECORD LABELS! FUCK MANAGERS! FUCK BOOKING AGENTS! FUCK ALL THE DIPSHITS WHO WILL SUCK THE COCK OF ANYONE IN A MORE NOTABLE BAND TO TRY AND GET THEIR BAND BIGGER! FUCK ALL YOU FAKE FUCKERS! All you bands who claim to “love your fans” and say you do it for them and then talk shit on them the second they turn around and say things like “oh, we had a talker”. Fuck you. A million times fuck you. You’re all so full of shit and it’s a game that has nothing to do with music. All the friends I made through this band you know who you are. Everyone else can fuck themselves.”
— Bryce Sipes (Ex-Decoder bassist), on why he left the band.

http://tallpaulsaid.tumblr.com/post/17157739891

sorry your brains can't handle change. when you lose a lawsuit in the court of law you have to change the name. what's so hard to understand? were going to write music and thats that. if you don't like it. piss off.

both of these posts are awesome. I hate it when people in bands are hellbent on being politically correct and end up being weak and docile instead of expressing themselves like this. Maybe it's not eloquent, but it's honest and I respect that.

If either of you guys are ever in SF, beers on me.
12:33 PM on 03/02/12
Jack Burns
LEAD HANDS formerly DECODER
User Info.
Long Live Lead Hands - www.facebook.com/leadhands
01:00 PM on 03/02/12
Jack Burns
LEAD HANDS formerly DECODER
User Info.
sorry man, not trying to be immature. just frustrated
01:36 PM on 03/02/12
Ashur
Shitty musician.
User Info.
Stoked on this. This band went through such an unfortunate series of events, it's really good to see them pull through. Bummer they went through the member changes though, but hey, it's a fucking tough industry. Also, I almost didn't even notice that was Keith...
03:22 PM on 03/02/12
D' Evils
User Info.
Between the lawsuit and the angry post bryce made some serious shit must've gone down. I wonder who sued them.
maybe this dude?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decoder_(artist)
06:44 AM on 03/03/12
xent
this is what separates me from you!
User Info.
i guess i have to change decoder to lead hands in my player
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music