AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Reviews News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Staff Reviews (03/02/12)

Posted by - 02:47 AM on 03/02/12
Who thought that life was nothing more than just a test?
Show ReviewBrand New, I Am The Avalanche & The Xcerts (Andy Biddulph)

Displaying posts 1 - 6 of 6
05:31 AM on 03/02/12
georgedcc
User Info.
Great review. I really hope you're right about The Xcerts getting big one day. God knows, they deserve it. I first saw them in about 2007 ish, with Twin Atlantic. They were playing to about 10 people, but they were brilliant, so I've been tracking them ever since. I don't know if they'll get massive in the same way Biffy Clyro are, or Twin Atlantic are becoming, because their music is less accessible, but I could certainly see them becoming a UK equivalent to Brand New one day.
06:05 AM on 03/02/12
GrantM34
GrantM34
User Info.
Fantastic review Andy! Couldn't agree more about the Xcerts and I think its great that they're starting to get a bigger profile having toured recently with Taking Back Sunday, Manchester Orchestra and of course Brand New. I've seen them many times over the past few years and they've always been great live. And as for Brand New...wow! I was at the show in Glasgow with my little brother and was totally blown away. Heres hoping they stick around for a long long time!
07:37 AM on 03/02/12
Andy Biddulph
Staff Writer @asbiddulph
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Cheers! I genuinely think that The Xcerts are one great album away from blowing up. I know they're very different bands but Biffy were way less accessible a couple of albums into their career and look at them now.
01:26 PM on 03/02/12
70x7brandnew
User Info.
Awesome read. I wonder if Brand New's favorite song (if they have one) they ever wrote is "You Won't Know." More often than not, it caps shows, and all the members get unbelievably into it. I know it's my favorite BN song and I also believe it's their best written song.

Thanks for the review!
08:16 PM on 03/02/12
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Awesome read. I wonder if Brand New's favorite song (if they have one) they ever wrote is "You Won't Know." More often than not, it caps shows, and all the members get unbelievably into it. I know it's my favorite BN song and I also believe it's their best written song.

Thanks for the review!
I've been thinking the same thing for awhile now.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos