AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Entertainment News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Entertainment Round-Up (3/4/2012)

Posted by - 02:53 PM on 03/04/12
Head to the replies to view and discuss this week in Movie, Television and DVD news.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 38
02:53 PM on 03/04/12
Thomas Balkcom
www.twitter.com/thomasbalkcom
User Info.
Entertainment Round-Up
contributors: rest_easy, stayillogical, and Thomas Balkcom

Industry News and Rumors:

Movies

01) First look at John McClane and his son in Die Hard 5.

02) Did you like the Muppets? Good news then! Another Muppets movie will be happening with same director and writer though Jason Segal is questionable with other commitments.

03) A featurette for Mirror Mirror.

04) Scarlett Johanson and James D’Arcy will play Janet Leigh and Anthony Perkins joining Helen Mirren who will play Alma in Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho.

05) A clip from Hunger Games.

06) Russel Crowe may board Darren Aronofsky’s Noah.

07) Here is a new poster for The Avengers.

08) Elizabeth Olsen may be joining the Oldboy remake.

09) The Five-Year Engagement will open Tribeca.

10) Emma Watson will star in Sofia Coppola's The Bling Ring.

11) Here is a first look at Gosling in Refn's Only God Forgives.

12) Killer Joe received an NC-17 rating.

13) Zero Dark Thirty is the working title of Katheryn Bigelow's Bin Laden film.

14) Top Gun 2 has a writer.

15) Cogan's Trade is now called Killing Them Softly.

16) Here is your official new Robocop.

Television

01) Here's a trailer for Veep.

Newest Trailers

01) American Reunion - http://www.slashfilm.com/american-reunion-theatrical-trailer/
02) Paranorman - http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/focus_features/paranorman/
03) Frankenweenie - http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/frankenweenie-2/trailers/frankenweenie-teaser-trailer-28477628.html
04) Bernie - http://movies.yahoo.com/video/ymovies-6393699/bernie-theatrical-trailer-28466853.html
05) That’s My Boy (redband trailer) - http://www.mtv.com/videos/movie-trailers/744885/thats-my-boy.jhtml
06) Despicable Me 2 - http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/despicableme2/
07) The Avengers - http://www.slashfilm.com/the-avengers-trailer/

Absolutepunk Entertainment Forum Links

The Amazing Spider-Man
Parks and Recreation
The Dark Knight Rises
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Hunger Games
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
Community
Prometheus
The Book Thread
Movie Lists 2011

-------
sources: blogs.indiewire.com, deadline.com, nymag.com, hollywoodreporter.com, comingsoon.net, slashfilm.com, variety.com, deadline.com, avclub.com, collider.com, tvline.com, trailers.apple.com, moviephone.com,
-------
If you have a bit of entertainment news you'd like to submit for next week's Round-Up, send your submission to Thomas Balkcom with "Entertainment Round-Up" in the subject header.
03:02 PM on 03/04/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
nice TV roundup, haha
03:09 PM on 03/04/12
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
Can't wait for The Five-Year Engagement. Also, very excited for a Muppets sequel. Hooray Jason Segel! (I'm sure he'll be able to find some way to contribute to the new film)
03:11 PM on 03/04/12
justatadmatt
User Info.
Jason Segal actually co-wrote the Muppets with Stoller and they spent a couple of years on it...I just hope the same kind of effort is put in for this one. I thought the movie was awesome.
03:13 PM on 03/04/12
8SlicesOfPie
http://dwhb.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Man, I wanna see Killer Joe.
03:19 PM on 03/04/12
DooDooBird
User Info.

As soon as I saw the Happy Madison logo pop up... I knew where this was going. Does Adam Sandler even try anymore? It's like he is intentionally trying to be a washed up hack with these projects. Zohan, Grown Ups, Jack and Jill, and now this? Ugh. It's painful. Who watches these movies and enjoys them? Seriously?
03:23 PM on 03/04/12
wileythekid
User Info.
so stoked for Only God Forgives, sounds like it will be crazy
03:31 PM on 03/04/12
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
User Info.
I'm actually really excited for Mirror, Mirror. The fact that the sets look so flat gives it an Old Hollywood type of feel. They still look huge! That design work is crazy. And it'll be nice to see Tarsem tackle a comedy as opposed to beautiful but empty abstract dramas and genre films.

Russell Crowe is a big step down for Arnofsky's film. I thought Bale was perfect for the title role and was really excited to see him in it. The role I'm most worried about is this supposed 'villain' one that Darren is trying to snag Liam Neeson for, though. I do not want to see Liam in this film. I'm hoping Aronofsky actually presents an interesting idea and executes it well this time. The Neeson news makes me less hopeful.

I approve of Olsen for the Oldboy role. I'd love to see her alongside Josh Brolin under the direction of Spike Lee. God, I'm so excited for this one.

Vera Farmiga's little clone is also in The Bling Ring. I'm not exactly excited for that one despite the great Vanity Fair article I read about the whole incident, but I think it'll be interesting to see Coppola explore 'true crime', even if it is closer to her safety zone than I'd wish.

I need to see Killer Joe already. It feels like I've been waiting three years now. This might actually be good for it, because if they appeal their rating they will only build more anticipation for the film.

A bad week for title changes. ZERO DARK THIRTY is by no means a bad title, but KILL BIN LADEN was just so utterly straight forward and awesome. The title change was inevitable, though...

but that Cogan's Trade change... oof. I loved the title Cogan's Trade. Had a pulpy feel to it. Killling Them Softly overtly pushes the comedic elements to the surface and could even hurt the film. After the fight to keep the name of Jesse James, I doubt this is a studio change. Also, during production a lot of local papers and stuff referred to it as Killing Them Softly. So WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING DOMINIK?

Dude was horrible in The Killing which is a pretty bad show in itself and I'm not all that excited to see him scoop up the role of Robocop, but the team hired to adapt it so far already shows me that this won't be a project to get excited about. I wish Aronofsky had stayed on because it would've been cooler to see an interesting failure rather than a bland and serviceable remake.

I never thought I'd say that during a week of trailers like this, the Tim Burton one was the only one that excited me.
03:40 PM on 03/04/12
tuneouttunein37
User Info.
veep looks great
04:14 PM on 03/04/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Need to see Killer Joe.
04:26 PM on 03/04/12
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
Have yet to fully get over how bad that Avengers poster is.
05:04 PM on 03/04/12
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
Have yet to fully get over how bad that Avengers poster is.

I skipped it until i read your comment. I regret it going back.
05:17 PM on 03/04/12
Grover168
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
nice TV roundup
05:19 PM on 03/04/12
domotime2
Lee Corvallo's Putting Challenge
User Info.
id rather not have another muppets movie....i think the fact that a muppet movie even existed, made it that much more special. Plus, without Segel I'm just not so sure.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos