Username
Password

08:32 AM on 03/05/12 
User Info.
ivebeendegaused
Richmond, Va
Male
Hello AP.Net,

If there is one thing that I have learned from perusing the AbsolutePunk forums for over five years now, it's that our community has the tendency to be brutally honest if something rubs them the wrong way. From insulting the shit of out Tom Delonge's current singing voice, to totally dismantling Say Anything's latest "return to form," AP users tend to have a way with words to say the least. Now, rather nervously, I ask you guys to provide the same sort of insight for my band's first EP. Inspired mainly by our favorite bands of the 90s (Brian Jonestown Massacre, Pavement, Guided by Voices, etc.), the "Something Else" EP is the first thing we have bothered recording despite being in a band for 3 years now. Despite working so hard on getting these tracks down, I'm curious to know if the songwriting is even worth shaking a stick at. Give it a listen for free at lightfields.org and let me know EXACTLY what you think.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

-Coldon

Edit -- Here are some soundcloud links to make it easier. Our EP is composed of these three songs:
1) Something Else - http://snd.sc/GE8W2U
2) Sabado - http://snd.sc/GE8QZ6
3) Backseat (RIYL Brand New's spacier side) - http://snd.sc/GE7SvI
08:52 AM on 03/05/12 
User Info.
tortags
Stuck Like Ghosts Made to Disappear
Malvern, AR
Male
Sound good to me... But I'm a nice person, there are a lot of douche bags on this site, and they will be a douche. But no you guys sound really good.
01:02 PM on 03/05/12 
User Info.
nevenskoro
sailordown
No Avatar Selected
USA
Male
cool
07:24 AM on 03/06/12 
User Info.
ivebeendegaused
Richmond, Va
Male
Wow. Didn't expect such a quick response. Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen.
09:29 AM on 03/06/12 
User Info.
tortags
Stuck Like Ghosts Made to Disappear
Malvern, AR
Male
Wow. Didn't expect such a quick response. Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen.

We didn't expect you to be good JK. But your welcome. By the way I'm from Norfolk, VA. Not many underground... Betteryet bands from VA. Nice to see one from Richie, VA
10:28 AM on 03/06/12 
User Info.
ivebeendegaused
Richmond, Va
Male
Yeah. We love RVA.
09:39 PM on 03/08/12 
User Info.
ducklights
Dallas, TX
Male - 27 Years Old
rules!
06:08 PM on 03/10/12 
User Info.
Nickoma2113
No Avatar Selected
Male - 24 Years Old
nice.
09:59 AM on 03/14/12 
User Info.
ivebeendegaused
Richmond, Va
Male
Great stuff dude, where are you from again? We should try and do some shows together! My bands from Canada!

Matt - Shortcut To Last
http://www.shortcuttolast.com

Richmond, Virginia -- a midsize city that is too northern to be the south and too southern to be the north. The music scene is a little frustrating at times, but we love it here. If you guys are ever touring the southeast, give us a shout.
11:25 AM on 03/14/12 
User Info.
pinkfrosty
Does not give a fuck
DC
Male - 28 Years Old
Nicely done. Does your band ever come up and play the NoVA/DC scene. I'd def come see you guys live.
07:21 AM on 03/15/12 
User Info.
ivebeendegaused
Richmond, Va
Male
Nicely done. Does your band ever come up and play the NoVA/DC scene. I'd def come see you guys live.

No, we haven't yet. Our sax/tamb. player is from NoVA, but we aren't really familiar with the area in terms of music (though I hear that Warrenton has a decent scene at times). DC is definitely on our list though. Thanks for the kind words!
07:22 AM on 03/16/12 
User Info.
thisisme17
No Avatar Selected
I'm not a huge fan of the production of the songs. I do hear your influences in the music. I don't think your shitty at all hahaha. Keep writing!
09:57 AM on 03/16/12 
User Info.
ivebeendegaused
Richmond, Va
Male
I'm not a huge fan of the production of the songs. I do hear your influences in the music. I don't think your shitty at all hahaha. Keep writing!

Nice. I appreciate the feedback! To be honest, we're not thrilled with the production either. In fact, if we learned anything from recording this EP it is that shared influences are vital when it comes to the engineer/musician relationship. When it came down to getting a "sound," our engineer simply was not on the same page as the band.
01:17 PM on 03/19/12 
User Info.
JustinYates
Lake Villa, IL
Male - 29 Years Old
I dig it.
07:10 PM on 03/19/12 
User Info.
Rafeholmes
No Avatar Selected
Austin Texas
Male - 22 Years Old