AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Fearless Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Bonus Tracks For New Eve 6 Album

Posted by - 12:49 PM on 03/05/12
On the iTunes "deluxe" version of the new Eve 6 album there will be four b-sides.
From Eve6HQ.comTrust me, we talked long and hard about what to include on the iTunes Deluxe, and people's opinions within the band fell on both sides of this issue. It's worthy discussion and both sides have merit. I think the end result is a good compromise: two studio recordings of new songs (well new to most), and two acoustic classics. We think it walks the line in appealing to you guys, the hardcore fans that really want as much new material as possible, and the next level of folks that dig the band and may be interested in the Deluxe album but might need some more familiarity and value. Also, I think when you guys hear these acoustic versions, you'll be very pleased. We worked as hard on them as anything and think they will become the "official" acoustic versions of these songs.

iTunes Deluxe Bonus Tracks
13. Underachiever
14. Red & Black
15. Inside Out (Acoustic)
16. Here's To The Night (Acoustic)

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
12:57 PM on 03/05/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
sweet. i want as much eve6 as i can get.
12:59 PM on 03/05/12
ACA
Next Show: Balance&Composure 12/27
User Info.
Quote:
We think it walks the line in appealing to you guys, the hardcore fans that really want as much new material as possible, and the next level of folks that dig the band and may be interested in the Deluxe album but might need some more familiarity and value.

Wow. So impressed with their logic. Note to all bands: THIS.

Quote:
Also, I think when you guys hear these acoustic versions, you'll be very pleased. We worked as hard on them as anything and think they will become the "official" acoustic versions of these songs.

THIS FUCKING TOO.
01:02 PM on 03/05/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
I'm a sucker for an 'official' acoustic version. And I figured Here's To The Night would be one of them!

Can't wait!!!
01:06 PM on 03/05/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
sounds good to me
01:25 PM on 03/05/12
radiofriendly
stachy destroyer
User Info.
really awesome of them to put this much thought into it and then explain to the fans. kind of cool
01:54 PM on 03/05/12
imtherealdave
Mostly Harmless
User Info.
Are there going to be other bonus tracks for other vendors/retailers?
02:00 PM on 03/05/12
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Hopefully you'll be able to get just the bonus tracks. Hate it when you need to buy the album on iTunes to get the bonus tracks. Ideally artists would include the bonus tracks on the vinyl download card but that would probably ruin the whole 'exclusive' factor.
02:54 PM on 03/05/12
thetruck
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Tony's explanation of the tracks were made because there was a debate to two completely different sides -- those who EMBRACED these songs, and those to whom automatically decided that the acoustic tracks were "throwaways".

I am very happy Tony responded, considering, I personally feel it was a slap in the face to the band. For, I would have been personally upset if something I put my heart and soul into were thought of as "throwaway" or just had "no real value".
03:16 PM on 03/05/12
LivingTheLyrics
What you feel will rarely rhyme.
User Info.
Two doses of nostalgia, a reworked(and awesome) Sugi Tap tune, and a bonus Eve 6 song... all from one retailer. Sounds great to me. Looks like I'm buying the vinyl(not confirmed to be an option, but I'm hoping), the CD, and the iTunes version. So excited.
04:30 PM on 03/05/12
Eve6MediaHQ
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thanks for sharing the quote from Tony! If anyone is curious, the proper link for Tony's quote is:

http://fyre.it/OcI

And the website is http://eve6mediahq.com (not Eve6HQ.com)

:)
04:32 PM on 03/05/12
Eve6MediaHQ
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Tony's explanation of the tracks were made because there was a debate to two completely different sides -- those who EMBRACED these songs, and those to whom automatically decided that the acoustic tracks were "throwaways".

I am very happy Tony responded, considering, I personally feel it was a slap in the face to the band. For, I would have been personally upset if something I put my heart and soul into were thought of as "throwaway" or just had "no real value".
Dude - what's with all the hate from you lately across the interwebs? I stated that it was my opinion. Get over it already.
11:34 PM on 03/05/12
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Wish they would have chosen another 'classic' to record acoustically, but I can't complain - it's still new Eve 6.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos