AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Say Anything News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

PropertyofZack Presents: Interview with Max Bemis

Posted by - 02:10 PM on 03/05/12
Check out a new interview with Max Bemis of Say Anything.
From the InterviewI think in this day in ageÖ Well first of all, on a creative level, to me there is definitely no such thing as writing too much music. You continue to develop and you canít evolve unless you are working on music or at least thinking about it. I never get burnt out on the act of songwriting, especially with Song Shop where Iím writing hundreds of songs a year. Itís just constantly a way to improve my singing and my songwriting and to stay in it. And itís also the thing I love to do the most. But then also, when it comes to the exposure and over-exposing, I just feel like in this day in age, where everyone is complaining that the music industry is coming apart, I really think itís not. Itís just that people need to adjust. One of the ways that people can adjust is by giving more to the people who areÖ If you are lucky enough to have fans like ours who are super dedicated and love to hear more and more material and they dig through the internet to find your b-sides and rarities. If you are lucky enough to be that kind of an artist, I think you should just keep giving people what they want as long as you enjoy it. For me, with the bands that Iím super dedicated to, I listen to pretty much everything they put out. It always makes me thrilled when I can hear new stuff, even if it isnít a full, proper record. So I feel like itís a better model for the type of band that we are and the way that things function and the type of song writer and performer I am to have more to give. Especially when it all has its own flavor and compartments in the scheme of things. If it was all just ďLetís make ten Say Anything records a year,Ē that might be different, but since they all have their own purpose to some degree, I donít want to really worry about it now.

Submitted by zack-182

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 36
02:32 PM on 03/05/12
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
inb4 "I hate the new Say Anything."
02:35 PM on 03/05/12
Tele72
User Info.
Good to see something more relevant about AMD. Wish I was more excited...Darn leak haha
02:57 PM on 03/05/12
frailchord
-the </3 of a traitor-
User Info.
The problem with writing (well, releasing) that many songs is that good ideas could have been combined with eachother to make great ideas, given some more time/thought.
03:03 PM on 03/05/12
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Max Bemis sucks.
03:09 PM on 03/05/12
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
Quote:
Well first of all, on a creative level, to me there is definitely no such thing as writing too much music.

I respectfully disagree.
03:21 PM on 03/05/12
wakeupgomer
Just here for the drinks.
User Info.
The problem with writing (well, releasing) that many songs is that good ideas could have been combined with eachother to make great ideas, given some more time/thought.

I agree to a certain degree. I was just thinking the other day that some of the Painful Splits tracks are the best Say Anything (Bemis) I've heard. I've honestly enjoyed every album (some more than others), but if you take the best tracks from Anarchy and then add fleshed out versions of the best Painful Splits tracks, wow.
03:23 PM on 03/05/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I agree to a certain degree. I was just thinking the other day that some of the Painful Splits tracks are the best Say Anything (Bemis) I've heard. I've honestly enjoyed every album (some more than others), but if you take the best tracks from Anarchy and then add fleshed out versions of the best Painful Splits tracks, wow.

This is exactly why he's doing it wrong.
03:39 PM on 03/05/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
03:40 PM on 03/05/12
sjb2k1
5-5, i hate everything
User Info.
command + F "leak"

pass on reading
03:44 PM on 03/05/12
punkDbass
User Info.
good interview. The more I listen to the new album the more I like it. Honestly I think a lot of the haters just havent given the new album a fair enough chance.

Definitely stoked to get the new album on the 13th!
04:00 PM on 03/05/12
Mistle
User Info.
what happened to coby D:

damn shakeology!
04:22 PM on 03/05/12
Rustash
User Info.
Interesting. I'm not too crazy about AMD after several listens, and I think part of the reason why is because he's spreading himself too thin with things like song shop. Guy needs to calm down and take a break for a bit to focus. But that's just my opinion.
05:11 PM on 03/05/12
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
i love the song shop.

i think it's a great idea and if max likes it, then he can do as he pleases because if it helps him mentally and musically, then that's fine with me :)

ballin.
- Gunz
05:32 PM on 03/05/12
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
if only his music was half has interesting as his interviews

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music