Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts
10:14 AM on 03/06/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Not bad but not great either. Definitely the weakest Say Anything record but it has some cool songs on it, still disappointing though.
11:05 AM on 03/06/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Would make a fantastic EP. I see things I love in here - and see some things I just end up skipping.
I think I'd agree with that.
11:31 AM on 03/06/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
This. Times a thousand. I would have preferred this..

1. Burn A Miracle
2. Say Anything
3. Night's Song
4. Admit It Again
5. Peace Out
6. Overbiter
7. The Stephen Hawking

Or something like that. I feel a little let down just because Say Anything was my favorite band - but this release just felt lazy. Too many repetitive choruses. Way too many. There's some really good songs on the album, but there also feels like too much filler. Maybe it was rushed. I don't know. Definitely their weakest release - but I can still enjoy at least half of it.
I'd have..

1. Burn a Miracle
2. Say Anything
3. Nights Song
4. So Good
5. Overbiter
6. Of Steel
7. The Stephen Hawking
12:21 PM on 03/06/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I love the sound and vibe of both 'Of Steel' and 'So Good', but those choruses are just so weak that it makes them quite forgettable. I hate how repetitive they are. Way too many songs on the album have a chorus that's just one line tweaked and repeated over and over again. I just feel like if Max had more time with those songs he could have worked at them to make them not so safe, and instead, a little more unconventional and chaotic sounding.
I get what you mean and I hate it when bands do that but Sherri's voice helps in So Good and I just like Of Steel too much to care. Peace Out is just pretty weak all over imo and while I do really like the music in the verses, AIA is just embarrassing to me.
01:29 PM on 03/06/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Like I mentioned before, the leak really won't affect Say Anything. The core fan base that was going to buy the release before the leak will still buy it. The people who were never going to like this album won't buy it like they would have done in the first place. The only people who the leak really affected were those who were going to blindly pick up the record without listening to it (and that's a small percentage I'd bet).

On a side note, I love the album.
the leak will also affect people who would have bought the record at the time but now they're bored of this and have moved on to different things.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos