AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Mp3 News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Owl City, Jewel & Jay Sean Help End Child Hunger

Posted by - 07:02 AM on 03/07/12
Owl City, Jewel and Jay Sean have teamed up with ConAgra Foods to record an original song entitled "Here's Hope" to help bring an end to child hunger. Learn how to download the song here.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
07:17 AM on 03/07/12
kennedyAM
Every Never Is Now
User Info.
The most random combination of artists ever. I hope it's yodeling over hip-hop and synth beats.
07:46 AM on 03/07/12
uglystar03
User Info.
Fuck ConAgra. Big Food is ruining the world, not curing world hunger.
09:49 AM on 03/07/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
The most random combination of artists ever. I hope it's yodeling over hip-hop and synth beats.

Each artist did their own version of the same song.

The song wasnt too bad, I think I liked the Owl City one the most.
09:54 AM on 03/07/12
aolsux
phase reverse
User Info.
ConAgra has no legs to stand on in feeding the world when their plants have been cited for salmonella (remember Peter Pan peanut butter) as well as e. coli. Not to mention: they genetically alter food, they have had hiring discrimination scandals against hispanics and women, and destroyed twenty historic sites to build factories. This corporation is the worst of the worst.

I think I would rather starve than have the aid of such a despicable billion dollar company.
10:15 AM on 03/07/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
Wow, the Owl City preview sounds awesome!
10:28 AM on 03/07/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ConAgra has no legs to stand on in feeding the world when their plants have been cited for salmonella (remember Peter Pan peanut butter) as well as e. coli. Not to mention: they genetically alter food, they have had hiring discrimination scandals against hispanics and women, and destroyed twenty historic sites to build factories. This corporation is the worst of the worst.

I think I would rather starve than have the aid of such a despicable billion dollar company.

I very much highly doubt that.

Just because a company has done shitty things doesn't mean they can't help. And if they're going to help, who are you to say they shouldn't do that in order to give people who are starving meals?
11:11 AM on 03/07/12
aolsux
phase reverse
User Info.
I very much highly doubt that.

Just because a company has done shitty things doesn't mean they can't help. And if they're going to help, who are you to say they shouldn't do that in order to give people who are starving meals?
They should answer to their problems and not try to cover it up with a child hunger song. And that's me, not starving children. Let them do some sort of good for child hunger and they can change my mind. Until then...
01:37 PM on 03/07/12
Nowisnotthetime
TFC
User Info.
These bands should've done some research before being shills for an evil company's attempt to rehab their image. There are a ton of actually good organizations looking to stop child hunger with the right intentions that they could've teamed up with.

http://www.greenamerica.org/programs...any.cfm?id=206

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version