Username
Password
fun. News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
fun.
Inside AP.net

fun. Still Number One on iTunes

Posted by: Jason Tate (03/07/12)
While checking the chart position of Every Time I Die for the news post below, I happened to see that fun.'s "We Are Young" is still sitting at number one on the singles charts. So very cool.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 40
09:46 AM on 03/07/12
cwhit412
User Info.
Pretty amazing how this all happened.
09:47 AM on 03/07/12
Protested Hero
Jon
User Info.
Sittin' pretty in first.
09:48 AM on 03/07/12
Polaris
User Info.
my friends who don't normally listen to pop music all love this cd. I like that a lot.
09:50 AM on 03/07/12
bassdude7
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's getting harder and harder to convince Andrew Dost to quit and get Anathallo back together again...
09:51 AM on 03/07/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
What is Luke Bryan..
Phil507
Cynical and sarcastic dick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So wild. They sold out two nights at Terminal 5 here in New York City (3000-capacity). When they played there as an opener with Paramore last year, the show didn't even sell out until day of.
ACA
pm if you want to meet at Riot-Chi
User Info.
It sucks so much we have to lower our expectations so much and be excited that a mediocre representation of a certain sound is #1 on the chart, but I guess that's mainstream music in 2012.

I'm certainly happy for fun., but it would be so much cooler if one of their best songs could make it to #1. If they were selling 6000 tickets in 24 hours due to "Benson Hedges", that would really be something beautiful.
CavanaughPark
Hey, I'm doing alright.
User Info.
I hope their new stuff selling so well leads people to their old stuff too. I personally think Aim is a better album than Some Nights and it wasn't nearly as well appreciated.
09:53 AM on 03/07/12
BroNamath
Life's a Garden, Dig it!
User Info.
so awesome, couldnt get tickets for the show tonight but apparently their about to perform here at one if anyone wants to check it out

http://www.97xonline.com/videos/ente...-player/vCcbr/
09:55 AM on 03/07/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
It sucks so much we have to lower our expectations so much and be excited that a mediocre representation of a certain sound is #1 on the chart, but I guess that's mainstream music in 2012.

I'm certainly happy for fun., but it would be so much cooler if one of their best songs could make it to #1. If they were selling 6000 tickets in 24 hours due to "Benson Hedges", that would really be something beautiful.
Biggest douche post of 2012.
09:57 AM on 03/07/12
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.

Do you ever stop whining?
09:58 AM on 03/07/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.

just because you don't like the song doesn't mean it's a "mediocre representation of a certain sound"
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.

Who cares? Maybe 1/4 of the people who love We Are Young will go back and check out Some Nights and Am And Ignite. Isn't that enough?

It sucks so much that you have to lower your happiness for a band when their "best song," in your opinion, is not everyone's favroite song.
mattjritter
USMNT ♦ AVFC
User Info.

I actually 100% agree with you on this.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums