AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Hip-Hop News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 40.
02:41 AM on 09/14/07
Mediocrity
User Info.
It won't bring back the original version of California Love onto All Eyez On Me though, will it? Will still have to deal with the shitty remix!
04:15 AM on 09/14/07
Yes. And?
♥ break in stereo.
User Info.
Well, my stepsister is psyched.
04:39 AM on 09/14/07
d is for dru
User Info.
jeez, let em' r.i.p. this has been dragged out way to long...
05:50 AM on 09/14/07
Daniel Thompson
Act 1, Scene 3
User Info.
sigh
06:02 AM on 09/14/07
thatsignant
User Info.
Tupac bridged the gap between old school hip hop and the hip hop that we know today, to say anything about him is overrated, even if it is a documentary about his death, is just plain dumb.
06:13 AM on 09/14/07
Chevy114
User Info.
This guy has to be making as much money dead as elvis is!
06:14 AM on 09/14/07
matsmith_203
User Info.
Tupac bridged the gap between old school hip hop and the hip hop that we know today, to say anything about him is overrated, even if it is a documentary about his death, is just plain dumb.
FALSE ....although tupac is def. not overrated try NWA for bridging the gap without them tupac wouldn't of been shit
06:20 AM on 09/14/07
thatsignant
User Info.
FALSE ....although tupac is def. not overrated try NWA for bridging the gap without them tupac wouldn't of been shit

I would still consider NWA as old school hip-hop, but I guess that's just me. Pretty bold statement saying Tupac "wouldn't have been shit" without them considering he's sold 75 million records.
06:54 AM on 09/14/07
matsmith_203
User Info.
its true thou......Death Row was Dre's label (with suge) ......and nwa paved the way for gangsta rap and that whole new generation
07:11 AM on 09/14/07
FeelLikeRain
Everything In Transit
User Info.
Tupac isn't dead, he just went home.

Ask Elvis, he knows.
08:00 AM on 09/14/07
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What alot of people dont understand or realize about Tupac is that he was a brilliant political activist, a gifted poet, a very loving man, and a great musician to add to all of that.
The fact that he will be remembered as the "rapper who's murder is still unsolved" completely blows, instead of being remembered as a man that paved the way for what hip/hop and such is today.
I really think that if he was around today, as well as Biggie, Big L, and Big Pun, that alot of these little one-hit-wonder rap artists would ever have been given the time of day, thus allowing hip hop to continue to grow, instead of becoming some petty small experiment of pop music.
08:05 AM on 09/14/07
Nofxdrumer467
it's a Snow Day
User Info.
tupac is alive and well and living in Jamaica
08:11 AM on 09/14/07
passingtime49
I am Trip McNeely
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Kiluhmanatti, all through ya' body
08:34 AM on 09/14/07
cmgarcia
Resemble Weapons
User Info.
That's your opinion, but I disagree. 2Pac was an extremely talented writer, and his music has lasted throughout the years because of his abilities as an artist. Although I think the "new" material they have been releasing the past few years is quite weak, most of his earlier albums were nothing short of brilliant. 2Pac will probably always be my favorite solo artist, and I respect him because of the talent he possessed.

I think you missed the point; he said nothing about liking/disliking the artist, just the hype that surrounds his death. To a degree, I always wondered how much of the hype/conspiracy theories/maintenance of the ongoing death stories are provided just to keep the post-humous albums rolling.
08:34 AM on 09/14/07
cmgarcia
Resemble Weapons
User Info.
Kiluhmanatti, all through ya' body

Blow's like a 12 gauge shotty.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives