AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Time Low News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 66 of 66.
11:57 AM on 03/15/12
strawberrypocky
User Info.
I think Dirty Work was a stepping stone. True, it was one of the weaker albums, but it was proof that they were ready to take on the world, they just didn't do it with the best album possible. Now, I have absolute faith that they can advance through the world of pop-punk.

And I do wish the new album would sound like SWIR, it was my summertime album.
12:22 AM on 04/12/12
JDubs66
Redesign Me, Redefine Me.
User Info.
Damn really didn't think it'd be this soon. It could be possibly demos or just writing the drum parts for the songs though so let's not get too excited. But since I still dont think they have anything planned for the next few months they probably are just going to stay in L.A. till the records done. In which case Mike Green is definitely the producer and I'm definitely pleased even if its not Avron.

Mike did amazing work on Heroes, Under A Paper Moon, Do You Want Me, and Guts. I think he'll do no wrong with whatever direction they are going, plus if Alex really hit it off with him in December when they wrote the first 9-10 songs and gave those songs a lot of hype in the interviews we've seen, it's only a good sign they've decided to finish writing with him.
You prolly already know this but just in case you don't.. lol

Mike Green confirms he is the producer for the new ATL record, also an interesting interview into how Green does somethings..
11:21 AM on 04/12/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
You prolly already know this but just in case you don't.. lol

Mike Green confirms he is the producer for the new ATL record, also an interesting interview into how Green does somethings..
Nah I actually didnt know haha. But thats awesome. If not Neal, he was the best second option, and who knows they might be better off with him. They're both incredible producers. Alex obviously hit it off with him writing. Alex and Rian are in L.A. now doing stuff. Hopefully they're at least done writing and demo-ing. I know its a far-fetched dream but i want this sometime during the summer. Words cant describe how excited I am for this album.
12:12 AM on 04/15/12
JDubs66
User Info.
Nah I actually didnt know haha. But thats awesome. If not Neal, he was the best second option, and who knows they might be better off with him. They're both incredible producers. Alex obviously hit it off with him writing. Alex and Rian are in L.A. now doing stuff. Hopefully they're at least done writing and demo-ing. I know its a far-fetched dream but i want this sometime during the summer. Words cant describe how excited I am for this album.
Oh okay haha well glad i could let you in on this lol Yeah i think they really hit it off with him and just decided to stick with him for it all, probably will end up being a great decision in the long run, just sticking with the same guy for everything. But yeah Alex and Rian are both there that we know of..im guess zach and jack are as well too. But today Rian tweeted that he practiced new stuff all week and will be going into the studio to start tracking the songs for real starting on Wednesday of next week! Let the real recording process begin :) lol
I don't think its that much of a far-fetched dream that this album will be out this year..i don't think this summer tho, imo, that is pretty soon..i would bet sometime early fall, prolly a little while after warped. At least thats my hope! lol but i could honestly see them putting out a new song before/during warped and playing it on warped as well..now that would be sick! Like you i can't put into words how excited i am for this album.
06:49 AM on 04/15/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
Oh okay haha well glad i could let you in on this lol Yeah i think they really hit it off with him and just decided to stick with him for it all, probably will end up being a great decision in the long run, just sticking with the same guy for everything. But yeah Alex and Rian are both there that we know of..im guess zach and jack are as well too. But today Rian tweeted that he practiced new stuff all week and will be going into the studio to start tracking the songs for real starting on Wednesday of next week! Let the real recording process begin :) lol
I don't think its that much of a far-fetched dream that this album will be out this year..i don't think this summer tho, imo, that is pretty soon..i would bet sometime early fall, prolly a little while after warped. At least thats my hope! lol but i could honestly see them putting out a new song before/during warped and playing it on warped as well..now that would be sick! Like you i can't put into words how excited i am for this album.
Yeah definitely not the summer, but you're right theyll probably release a song july-ish and play it on Warped. Also!!!!!! just figured this out now. So Wrong Its Right was released September 25th, and guess what day falls on a Tuesday this year....thats fucking right. September 25th. With the comparisons already made about the two albums, Im gonna go ahead and guess they're going to aim to put out the album on SWIR's 5 year anniversary. How fucking awesome would that be? If they finish this before Warped (which they will its two months away) there is no reason that's not possible. they'd have over three months to mix/master the album and do all the major label accoutrements. I dont know all the things major labels have to do, but if they could do that....that would be awesome.

and yeah I think that this is the "one allotted amount of time" Alex was talking about. I checked that post by Rian, and then saw in the pictures that theyll be in a house for the next couple months. So this is it. My guess is songs are all done. But with that video that you posted saying that Green tracks drums last and if Rian is tracking this week, does that mean that guitars and bass are already tracked? I doubt it but Im a bit confused. Either way. I'm pumped! I shall pray every day that their tracking goes well and Interscope can put this thing out a lot quicker than Dirty Work was.
07:39 AM on 04/17/12
JDubs66
User Info.
Yeah definitely not the summer, but you're right theyll probably release a song july-ish and play it on Warped. Also!!!!!! just figured this out now. So Wrong Its Right was released September 25th, and guess what day falls on a Tuesday this year....thats fucking right. September 25th. With the comparisons already made about the two albums, Im gonna go ahead and guess they're going to aim to put out the album on SWIR's 5 year anniversary. How fucking awesome would that be? If they finish this before Warped (which they will its two months away) there is no reason that's not possible. they'd have over three months to mix/master the album and do all the major label accoutrements. I dont know all the things major labels have to do, but if they could do that....that would be awesome.

and yeah I think that this is the "one allotted amount of time" Alex was talking about. I checked that post by Rian, and then saw in the pictures that theyll be in a house for the next couple months. So this is it. My guess is songs are all done. But with that video that you posted saying that Green tracks drums last and if Rian is tracking this week, does that mean that guitars and bass are already tracked? I doubt it but Im a bit confused. Either way. I'm pumped! I shall pray every day that their tracking goes well and Interscope can put this thing out a lot quicker than Dirty Work was.
Holy shit lol i didn't realize that till you said it now as well..wow i could actually see that happening too unless they want to get it out as early as they can, then i could see them not going that route easily but if its timed right that is deff a good possibility i bet! That would be pretty sweet, especially if this album really is SWIR sounding (as everything is pointing to it having that type of sound)

Yeah there is plenty of time between now and Warped to record this whole album, they have all been saying that they are in LA for the next two months and like you said they got a house/condo there. And then during Warped is more than enough time for them to get it mixed/mastered and for Interscope to get everything set up so that this record can be put out in a way more timely manner than DW and pushed the right way.

I really don't get that either with the whole Green saying he tracks drums last bc if thats the case, then have they been secretly recording for awhile now and are actually almost done recording? lol I would think that they would have announced that they were recording to everyone, and would have been putting out studio updates like they always do. So im asuming Green isn't doing it that way this time around? lol Idk but im really looking forward to those studio updates hopefully coming up here to get a taste of what this album is really going to sound like. And really hoping they play something new on Warped this summer, that would be sick! So pumped for this album!
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums