Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

The Classic Crime Fund Kickstarter

Posted by: Jason Tate (03/09/12)
In an overwhelming show of support from fans, The Classic Crime's $30,000 Kickstarter for their new album has already been funded and then some in less than a day. Any money beyond the goal will be used to support the upcoming tour and on the marketing of their new album.
Message from the BandEarlier today I filmed a video at the studio. In the video I thanked everyone for the overwhelming support of our project, and shared that we were more hopeful than ever that we would reach our goal.

I'm not posting that video right now because it's completely irrelevant. We have to make another, better video, in order for us to properly thank you profusely for giving us the ability to make music in this form at this juncture. Did you really just pledge over $30,000 in under 24 hours?

This is mind blowing. It's encouraging to my faith and the calling we feel in music... I think sometimes, while in the trenches of doubt, God reaches down and shows you that you are loved. This is one of those times. Thank YOU so much from everything within me. Your continued support keeps us going.

Now that we've reached our goal, as stated before anything above our goal will go to touring and marketing (like a music video). We'd love to tour the country again, a real, long tour, that hits every area. The more we raise, the more places we can go, and the cheaper the shows tickets will be. We'd love to go to Canada, UK, Europe, Southeast Asia and back to Australia. Those plane tickets are pricey, as well as expenses while we're in those places, but we'd do it just to break even. We'd love to have enough to be able to take our music to places it's never been!

I'm still debating what I'll do if 10% of our Facebook Likers back us (7,434 people). It will be crazy. Help me brainstorm by sending us a message.

I love you I love you I love you,

Matt

Submitted by blindrider529

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 88
09:36 AM on 03/09/12
highfidelity203
Registered Member
User Info.
That's unbelievable. Good for them.
09:37 AM on 03/09/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
Damn that is a crazy number they received in just one day. This better be a damn good album.
09:37 AM on 03/09/12
georgedcc
User Info.
I posted about this in the punk thread. Those rewards are insultingly terrible. Fuck these guys.
09:42 AM on 03/09/12
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
That's so awesome. Ridiculously consistent group, who I feel have always been criminally underlooked.
09:43 AM on 03/09/12
sammyboy516
User Info.
So awesome. I love everything they've done and I can't wait for this album.
09:45 AM on 03/09/12
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
I posted about this in the punk thread. Those rewards are insultingly terrible. Fuck these guys.

Cue people saying "Well, if people are willing to pay...Then why not?!!" Which is all well and good, but if you take it at face value?

$150 for a 15-minute Skyp session. Doing the math, this guy thinks his time is worth $600/hour.
09:47 AM on 03/09/12
matthewisobel
User Info.
I pledged $60, and by then they already had $30 000 anyway. Such good bundles.
09:48 AM on 03/09/12
highfidelity203
Registered Member
User Info.
Cue people saying "Well, if people are willing to pay...Then why not?!!" Which is all well and good, but if you take it at face value?

$150 for a 15-minute Skyp session. Doing the math, this guy thinks his time is worth $600/hour.
I'm pretty sure it says at least 15 minutes. I'm sure that most of the Skype sessions will last longer than 15 minutes.
09:49 AM on 03/09/12
LivingTheLyrics
What you feel will rarely rhyme.
User Info.
Like this band, but those rewards are fucking shameful and took the band down a few pegs in my book. $6,000 for a song written for you? $400 for lunch and go-karts, and it doesn't even count towards transportation? $60 for a lock of hair? $55 for a Skype chat where you're only guaranteed 5 minutes? AND the above rewards don't even come with so much as a digital download of the record. Really kinda embarassing.
09:49 AM on 03/09/12
georgedcc
User Info.

I think my 'favourite' reward is $60 for a clump of hair. Who the fuck does this guy think he is?
09:50 AM on 03/09/12
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
I'm pretty sure it says at least 15 minutes. I'm sure that most of the Skype sessions will last longer than 15 minutes.

It's the principle of the thing. Kickstarter is a great tool, but when bands offer things like this it gets weird.
09:55 AM on 03/09/12
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
I think my 'favourite' reward is $60 for a clump of hair. Who the fuck does this guy think he is?

That one was pretty clearly done with a sense of humor. It's the Skype stuff and songwriting ones that throw me off...
09:55 AM on 03/09/12
cwhit412
User Info.
Notice how there's a 55 dollar one that has all the good shit. Pretty sure they're taking that as a joke, which is why nobody bought those rewards.
09:57 AM on 03/09/12
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
Jesus Christ. No pun intended.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music