Password
Exclusive News - Page 13
Displaying posts 180 - 194 of 194.
08:06 AM on 03/11/12
LetsGetFAUD
I meant, LetsGetFUAD
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
transit didn't add anything to the song, except poor vocals. Wasnt a terrible cover musically because it was more or less exactly the same.

The Redder, The Better is probably the best ep of the last 10 years or more, and it bums me out that so many people aren't familiar with the original song

Short story.....I agree with you

I mean, I think Joe from Transit has a great voice for what Transit does. But PBC songs are really unique in that they have Jimmy as a singer, and his voice is pretty one of a kind, in my opinion. So, with Joe's (now) sweet and very clean voice over a song like that, it came off a bit strange. If Joe had sang like he did on some older Transit material, it might've worked better. Regardless, at least they acknowledge the greatness of that song/EP. Both good bands.
01:01 PM on 03/11/12
BigG1392
I have a crippling fear of heights
User Info.
IIOI wins. All are great though.
02:28 PM on 03/11/12
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
I am !!! And don't have anyone to go with either, my friend said he'd come but I think he'll bail since he has never heard any of them and isn't as into it as I am, he's over it. Ahhh cliches...
Add me, we'll talk. I am friends with one of the dudes from Acceptance and he's going so we can kick it with him.
for sure! Can I just add you on facebook? I don't check this site that much. And I know one of the acceptance dues works at BNO on capitol hill, but I don't know which one!
04:33 PM on 03/11/12
KEB182
Pedestrian Verse
User Info.
For any one who wants to grab the vinyl but can't make it to a show, I posted mine on eBay starting at .99 with no reserve...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Wonder-Years-Polar-Bear-Club-Transit-Story-So-Far-Glamour-Kills-Vinyl-/120875289832?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash =item1c24ba8ce8#ht_500wt_1413
04:48 PM on 03/11/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Why did you buy one?
08:12 PM on 03/11/12
lessthanzero
A Mistrust Earned
User Info.
A Loss For Words KILLED KILLED IT
09:22 PM on 03/11/12
cut!print
Keep me simple, unplug my head.
User Info.
for sure! Can I just add you on facebook? I don't check this site that much. And I know one of the acceptance dues works at BNO on capitol hill, but I don't know which one!
Yup, my name is Jacob Bjork. I'm sure there aren't very many...
05:52 AM on 03/12/12
KEB182
Pedestrian Verse
User Info.
I really wanted the vinyl so when NYC sold out so quickly on the pre-order I bought a ticket/vinyl for Lancaster to make sure I could get a record, then NYC went back up, so I pre-ordered for NYC and ended up with an extra record..
09:24 PM on 03/12/12
Charlesieiy
The night just grew its fangs
User Info.
TWY, Transit, and IOII killed it. If TWY put out more music in that vein with production that good, I can see them really exploding.
06:11 AM on 03/19/12
lildrummaboiii
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the wrightsville beach cover is so goddamn funny
05:39 PM on 03/25/12
PunkBites
...because I burnt the sky
User Info.

Tour Dates3/9 Chameleon Club - Lancaster, PA SOLD OUT
3/10 MATINEE The Gramercy Theatre - New York, NY SOLD OUT
3/10 The Gramercy Theatre - New York, NY SOLD OUT
3/12 Royale - Boston, MA SOLD OUT
3/13 Ritual - Ottawa, ON
3/14 Annex Wreckroom - Toronto, ON
3/15 Magic Stick - Detroit, MI
3/16 Peabody's Down Under - Cleveland, OH
3/17 MATINEE The Bottom Lounge - Chicago, IL
3/17 The Bottom Lounge - Chicago, IL SOLD OUT
3/18 Triple Rock Social Club - Minneapolis, MN
3/20 The Marquis Theatre - Denver, CO
3/21 Club Sound - Salt Lake City, UT
3/23 The Venue - Boise, ID
3/24 El Corazon - Seattle, WA
3/25 Hawthorne Theatre - Portland, OR
3/27 Slim's - San Francisco, CA
3/28 The Troubadour - West Hollywood, CA
3/29 The Glass House - Pomona, CA
3/30 Soma Sidestage - San Diego, CA
4/1 Nile Theatre - Mesa, AZ
4/3 Trees - Dallas TX
4/4 White Rabbit - San Antonio, TX
4/5 Antones - Austin, TX
4/6 The Studio @ Warehouse Live - Houston, TX
4/7 Downtown Music - Little Rock, AR
4/8 Rockettown - Nashville, TN
4/10 The Orpheum - Tampa, FL
4/11 Rocketown - Pompano Beach, FL
4/12 The Social - Orlando, FL
4/13 The Masquerade - Atlanta, GA
4/14 New Brookland Tavern - Columbia, SC
4/15 The Soapbox Laundrolounge - Wilmington, NC
4/16 The Canal Club - Richmond, VA
4/17 The Ottobar - Baltimore, MD
4/18 Madison Theatre - Covington, KY
4/19 Theatre of Living Arts - Philadelphia, PA
4/20 Theatre of Living Arts - Philadelphia, PA SOLD OUT

The Wonder Years covering Into It. Over It.'s "Anchor"
TWY - Anchor - IIOI

Dan "Soupy" Campbell, vocalist of The Wonder YearsTo be honest, this split was kind of a pipe dream. I've seen two bands work together on a split and do covers of one another (see: Alkaline Trio/Hot Water Music or Get Up Kids/Coalesce) and even bands do splits where they all get together and write songs (see: Small Brown Bike/Casket Lottery) but this was a much bigger thing to coordinate. There are six bands involved (which also means six labels involved), all of whom tour full time. I know that we spent nine months away from home last year and I think all of the other bands did about the same. So, to get six bands with enough respect for each other to want to cover the songs, who are willing to do this and can somehow find time in their touring schedules to make this happen is a really special occurrence.

We've always been huge fans of Evan's (Into It Over It) song writing, dating back to his previous band The Progress so we knew immediately that we wanted to cover one of his songs. The issue was which. Seeing as he has a larger catalog of music than anyone else I know, we had a lot of options, but we knew we wanted to do an acoustic song and make it loud. Anchor was the song that caused me to fall in love with the IIOI project when it was operating on a week to week basis so we quickly landed on that one and started planning to take a song with one guitar part and a melody to a song with three guitars, bass, drums and me yelling over it. We recorded it in a spare day with Will Yip while he was making the new Koji record and I'm honestly really proud of how it came out.

Polar Bear Club covering Transit's "Skipping Stone"
PBC - Skipping Stone - Transit

Jimmy Stadt, vocalist of Polar Bear Club We did "Skipping Stone" because we felt like we could actually do something different with it being that it was acoustic. It was kind of fun putting it together in our own way. We really weren't sure if it would sound good but we're really happy with it. We really can't take credit though. Transit wrote a great song, we just covered it. This tour is going to be a great time. It just feels like people are really excited about which has the bands excited which means its going to be a great show every night.

Transit covering Polar Bear Club's "Resent and Resistance"
Transit - Resent and Resistance - PBC

Tim Landers, guitarist/backup vocalist from TransitWe chose to cover Polar Bear Club's "Resent and Resistance" for a number of reasons. Primarily, because that song will always hold a special little place in my heart. When I was in high school, a friend of mine booked Polar Bear Club at this little church in my hometown where we always used to play. PBC only had a demo out at the time, and they played "Resent and Resistance" as a new song. My seventeen year old self was blown away. I mean, "the Redder the Better" is just a plain great EP. It's a blast to play that song, and we got the chance to put our own little twist on it. Any time we do a cover, we try to bring new, refreshing ideas to the table. It's fun to do what you do over someone else's ideas and songwork. We're happy we had the opportunity to cover each other.

We're just looking forward to the tour in general. The band has been settled in at home base for a while, and we're dying to play some music- to be blunt. It seems it's shaping up to be a memorable one, too.

The Story So Far covering A Loss for Words' "Wrightsville Beach"
TSSF - Wrightsville Beach - AL4W

Will Levy, guitarist of The Story So Far We chose to record "Wrightsville Beach" because it was our favorite AL4W song and AL4W is who we drew to cover for the comp. We decided to make the song completely different because covering bands in your own genre is really difficult so we decided to just go completely wacky with it. We all love hardcore, this sort of reflects that. We're stoked to be a part of the GK Tour, looking forward to some great shows with some of our favorite bands. Thizz or die 2012.

A Loss for Words covering The Story So Far's "Quicksand"
AL4W - Quicksand - TSSF

Matty Arsenault, vocalist of A Loss for WordsWe are stoked for everyone to hear us covering one of our favorite up and coming west coast bands, The Story So Far and their song "Quicksand". It was already an amazing song to begin with, so we just enjoyed covering it. Just throwing our little twist on it while drinking some beers and getting rowdy in the studio with our boy Chris Curran! Which we are currently back in with doing a little something special! Can't wait to see those bastards and the rest of our homies on the GK Tour! What a friendly group of people to spend the month April with!! Go support this tour and we will see you March 29th! Thanks AP.net for always supporting our bands.

Into It. Over It. covering The Wonder Years' "Don't Let Me Cave In"
IIOI - Don't Let Me Cave In - TWY

Evan Thomas Weiss, the guy who does everything for Into It. Over It.When we initially started talking about doing the covers compilation, I hadn't really thought about covering a Wonder Years song. Of all of the bands on the tour, they are definitely the trickiest to take on and make a cover version seem appropriate. This is mostly due to Dan's hyper-personal lyrics. However, when it came time to select something (furthermore, after hearing they decided to do a version of my song "Anchor") I felt like I had to try and up the ante with them a little bit. Choosing "Don't Let Me Cave In" was my first choice. Really not the easiest song to pick from their catalog, but definitely the most appropriate for me to make my own.

Dan mentions my name in the original version. It's a small anecdote about us getting tacos together in Chicago. We were outside of a La Dispute show which was happening at a house called Strange Light in Logan Square, which is a neighborhood near where I live. When I first heard their version, I was pretty flattered that Dan had included me in a song. Our friendship goes way back (almost 10 years at this point) and I felt "what better way to pay tribute to his tribute than to flip the script in his own song".

Stay Ahead Of The Weather had played a show in Philadelphia on 12/31/2010 and Dan had sung with us during a song. During that time in my life, I was going through a really tough situation similar to the one he had initially written about. Seeing as he took a jab at Chicago in his version, I figured I could take a jab at Philadelphia in mine and mirror our situations using the opposing cities and life decisions we had made. The whole thing turned out perfectly. They were suited to compliment each other. Don't Let Me Cave In (when you boil it down) is such a sad song. I'm glad I was able to do what I could to really bring that out further. I hope people really enjoy it.

This tour is gonna be a blast. Old friends, great shows, solid hangs.
PBC are so good they could cover anything and make it awesome (I also like Transits original but I think I like this even better)
04:44 PM on 11/26/13
Ryan Dennehy
anyone in this thread want a copy of this split?
06:22 AM on 12/02/13
The MixChange
The MixChange
User Info.
anyone in this thread want a copy of this split?
If you're selling, how much?
06:24 AM on 12/02/13
Ryan Dennehy
If you're selling, how much?
I don't even remember how much I bought it for...15 bucks?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests