Password

04:06 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
thesafeword
-
Portland, OR
Male
Drexel's SOS just killed them.

And how does Vitale have a job? This guy is so annoying.
User Info.
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
Iam not crazy about Iona.

you should be.

compared to the other bubble teams (20 of them), here is where iona ranked in all the categoris
RPI - 4
W%50 - 19 (i had a minimum set on that one)
W%100 - 1st (5-3 was the best record against top 100 teams out of any bubble team)16
SOS - 16
ncSOS - 5 (they did their job out of conference and played teams)

and what put them over the edge..out of all the ubble teams, they have the most nuetral/road wins against top 150. they NAILED it.

i know that the RPI is flawed but there's a reason why they're so damn high. They NAILEDDDD IT!!!
User Info.
aoftbsten
Go Buffs.
Boulder, CO
Male - 23 Years Old
So happy to see my Colorado buffs in the tourney after last years snub, but damn it is so much harder to make a bracket when your team is in the field haha.
04:08 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
...and somehow I survived
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
So how many did Joe Lunardi get right/wrong? I would love to shove it to shove it in my friends' faces. They worship the guy.
04:09 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
mht
UConn and West Virginia.

those two teams are awful this year
04:10 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
thesafeword
-
Portland, OR
Male
I'm not crazy about BYU being in.
04:10 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
I just cannot agree with it. I refuse to believe California is more deserving of Drexel or even Washington at this point!

And I don't disagree with Iona, even if it's the sole reason why Seton Hall probably missed out.

ehh idk man.

i can definitely see an argument for Seton Hall or Marshall over Cal, but hell no to washington. They had extremely similar numbers, cal beat them, and the big difference...

Cal vs. top 100 (9-7)
Wash v top 100 (4-9)

thats a large difference.

like i said now if you wanna say, well, Seton Hall had actually better wins, like yeah they had 3 top 50 wins compared to california's 0...but im telling you washington stinks, and Drexels' sub 200 SOS and Nconference SOS are just toooooooooo ugly.

it might not be drexels fault as we've discussed, since its hard for the CAA to schedule teams, but Sub 200 is just tooo brutal.

Cal vs. Hall vs. Drexel vs. Washington.... i could totally see Hall winning that argument, but i def have cal over drexel/washington. But again, we know we cant complain, 8-10 in conference :(.
04:11 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
you should be.

compared to the other bubble teams (20 of them), here is where iona ranked in all the categoris
RPI - 4
W%50 - 19 (i had a minimum set on that one)
W%100 - 1st (5-3 was the best record against top 100 teams out of any bubble team)16
SOS - 16
ncSOS - 5 (they did their job out of conference and played teams)

and what put them over the edge..out of all the ubble teams, they have the most nuetral/road wins against top 150. they NAILED it.

i know that the RPI is flawed but there's a reason why they're so damn high. They NAILEDDDD IT!!!
What I don't get it is... how is Seton Hall losing on the road to DePaul (RPI 19) by 30 the 'season ruining' loss for them any different than Iona losing to Hofstra (263) by eight points and Siena (219)?
04:11 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
I'm not crazy about BYU being in.

they were very very very close to being out (as we see)...i JUST barely had them in, and i think Marshall should be in instead of them... i think it might be a little bit of (we need more west teams?).
04:12 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
Its weird this year, I go to IU so I feel like I should have them winning it all no matter what. But I always just go by first instinct.
04:12 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
iamthealex
Meet me in Montauk.
Wiscompton
Male - 22 Years Old
Go Wisco please.
04:13 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
thesafeword
-
Portland, OR
Male
Also not crazy about South Florida.
04:14 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
Male - 25 Years Old
Wow. The play-in game for the 14 seed shows just how few teams 'stole' bids in the conference tourneys. Probably only St. Bonaventure. (Colorado wouldn't have made it if they didn't win their conference tourney, but the Pac 12 still would've gotten a second team had Cal won it)
04:15 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
What I don't get it is... how is Seton Hall losing on the road to DePaul (RPI 19) by 30 the 'season ruining' loss for them any different than Iona losing to Hofstra (263) by eight points and Siena (219)?

it's not.

i think everything was put into perspective. Seton hall's 137 non conference SOS did not help, ill tell you that much. Plus factor in under .500 conference record, and Iona won more road/neutral games against top 150 compared to Hall.

Iona's 5-3 record against top 100 and their non conference SOS is what got them over the edge...which is cool...they actually took into consideration top 100winning percentag not just how many wins.

Haha i know it's tough too swallow, but i feel a lot happier not making the tournament if that means Iona gets in (if northwestern or miami got in, then yeah id be angry). But hall had plenty of chances.
04:15 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
I would have SOOOO rathered Marshall and Seton Hall in over California and USF, but life goes on.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos