AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

04:15 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
gonz
///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\
Its weird this year, I go to IU so I feel like I should have them winning it all no matter what. But I always just go by first instinct.
Losing Jones sucks. I could see them going out pretty quick, unfortunately.
04:16 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
Who Is Ryan?
???
Las Vegas
Male - 22 Years Old
Let us all join hands, and have a prayer circle for UNLV
04:17 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
...and somehow I survived
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
it's not.

i think everything was put into perspective. Seton hall's 137 non conference SOS did not help, ill tell you that much. Plus factor in under .500 conference record, and Iona won more road/neutral games against top 150 compared to Hall.

Iona's 5-3 record against top 100 and their non conference SOS is what got them over the edge...which is cool...they actually took into consideration top 100winning percentag not just how many wins.

Haha i know it's tough too swallow, but i feel a lot happier not making the tournament if that means Iona gets in (if northwestern or miami got in, then yeah id be angry). But hall had plenty of chances.
I wanted Iona to get in lol just didn't want Cal to get in. It is tough to swallow because I'm graduating this year and this was my last chance to really enjoy the team as a student. It could be worse. The program is on the rise.

I reaaaaaaaaaally wanted Marshall in too.
04:17 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
the team will get better. The effort against the depaul game just made me so disgusted that i totally know that they didnt deserve to be in the tournament. And ill be honest...do i think Hall can beat South florida, cal, or iona? hell no.

1 seed in the NIT, lets see them put the effort in and head to msg again.
04:18 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
"Cal had better wins."

What the hell kind of transparency is this? LOL They are being so vague.
04:20 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
I wanted Iona to get in lol just didn't want Cal to get in. It is tough to swallow because I'm graduating this year and this was my last chance to really enjoy the team as a student. It could be worse. The program is on the rise.

I reaaaaaaaaaally wanted Marshall in too.

honestly as much as im gloating about my system working...i actually had marshall 2nd on the list of teams (out of 20) so i dont know what happened there. 6-10 vs the top 75 (not even 100), 1 bad loss, and insanely great SOS'. 24th overall and 9 for non-conference. the only thing i can think of was that they were just so under the radar for 99% of the season. 5-6 vs tournament teams. that's not bad.
04:20 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
Everett, WA
Male - 29 Years Old

Fo shizzle.
04:21 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
Fuck You Aurora
Lost.
Levittown,PA
Male - 25 Years Old
you should be.

compared to the other bubble teams (20 of them), here is where iona ranked in all the categoris
RPI - 4
W%50 - 19 (i had a minimum set on that one)
W%100 - 1st (5-3 was the best record against top 100 teams out of any bubble team)16
SOS - 16
ncSOS - 5 (they did their job out of conference and played teams)

and what put them over the edge..out of all the ubble teams, they have the most nuetral/road wins against top 150. they NAILED it.

i know that the RPI is flawed but there's a reason why they're so damn high. They NAILEDDDD IT!!!
I just feel a team like them in a small confrance that didn't make the final should not make it.
04:21 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
MXP
aka Max Phillips
Dallas, TX
Male - 24 Years Old
I'm seeing a magic run by Murray State and by Florida State. I'm lovin the Madness that is March :D
04:22 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
J.C.
adorkable
New Haven, CT
ya boy - 28 Years Old
Don't get why LIU was a 16 seed. Think Michigan State got boned there a bit.
User Info.
Max Stern
@HeyMaxSup
Denver, CO
Male - 22 Years Old
go CU
i was up in Boulder yesterday watching the game at a bar and the place erupted when the buzzer sounded
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
I just feel a team like them in a small confrance that didn't make the final should not make it.
Iona has three professional-caliber players on their team in Mike Glover, Scott Machado, Momo Jones (transfer from Arizona). You'll see when they play...they aren't a joke. I think they can win two games, honestly.
04:24 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
Cal definitely didn't have "better" wins but here's the best i can show

Cal (24-9) (13-5) - RPI: 38. W% top 50 - .000 W% top 100 - .563 SOS - 86. NcSOS - 70. Sub150losses - 1. Quality road/neutral - 5
Hal (20-12) (8-10) - RPI: 68. W% top 50 - .300 W% top 100 - .438 SOS - 49. NcSOS - 127. Sub150losses - 2. Quality road/neutral - 3.
04:25 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old

i would much rather have a strong, talented team like Iona make it...than some weak power conference team that finished like 7th or 10th in the league.

iona is really good, it sucks they have to play BYU and Marquette!! jeeze haha
04:25 PM on 03/11/12 
User Info.
atainder
freaks r revolutionaries r freaks
Pocatello, ID
Male - 27 Years Old
I could see UNM, SDSU, and UNLV, all making deep runs. I bet at least one will make the Elite 8.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos