Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
05:48 PM on 03/11/12
ChristianLFTW
How YOU doin'?
User Info.
I've listened to this album for a whole day in its entirety and so far, it's pretty sick. It's the potential Woe, Is Me had mixed with Emarosa post-This Is Your Way Out. The vocal melodies are really catchy and Trenton is a hell of a lyricist/singer. My only real complaints are the amount of chugging, the Chango sound, and the transitions feel really random. They'd be fantastic if they weren't so Rise-esque but I'm glad they got signed to Rise so they'd get more publicity.

I've been waiting on this for a year and a half (they promised an EP, it turned into an album and it took forever to come out) since I was shown Lion Skin (Acoustic) by a fellow AP.net member and it does not disappoint. It was worth the wait.
06:53 PM on 03/11/12
ChristianLFTW
How YOU doin'?
User Info.
That's me.

You pretty much summed up my thoughts on the album. I like to think HLH is what Emarosa with Jonny Craig could have become if Jonny could write good lyrics and harmonies. Hopefully these guys will stick around for a few more records. They have a lot of potential.
Word homie.

After listening some more, I'm noticing the same vocal riff done over and over, especially on "Antarctica". And too much group singing/chanting.
06:56 PM on 03/11/12
ChristianLFTW
How YOU doin'?
User Info.
I love group singing and chanting :x
Me too but it's overdone on this album.
08:48 PM on 03/11/12
ChristianLFTW
How YOU doin'?
User Info.
yeah, hes got pretty good vocals, but his melodies are kind of bland with the exception of a few choruses. seems to stay within the same pocket throughout the cd which makes a lot of the songs blend together. im gonna give it more of a chance for the sole reason that there's barely any bands around in the "scene" with a decent clean vocalist, and even less without much screaming at all
I like most of the melodies. Some are bland, like "This Ain't No Place for Animals", "One Hundred" and "The Sower" has some boring ones here and there. By coal riff I mean how his voice jumps different notes in succession with one syllable. If that's unclear, Christina Aguilera, Jonny Craig, Tyler Carter overuse this technique. Listen to "Antarctica", you'll hear he'll drag out the last syllable of a word. "Before you walk you'll cra-a-a-a-awl... Are held to the grou-ou-ou-ound... through the ni-i-i-ight." Happens throughout a lot of the other songs too.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests