dash64
This Is My Design
User Info.
Great album, definitely worth the wait.
08:03 PM on 03/11/12
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
I can't get passed the fake/compressed drums. When will bands learn to record acoustic drums? TDWP did it, and it contributed to their record sounding really good.
08:08 PM on 03/11/12
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
User Info.
going to wait until i get this in the mail tues to listen in the car. i hope this band gets huge
08:14 PM on 03/11/12
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com/
User Info.
I feel like this is a band I would really dig on a second album with different production and just more time together.
08:40 PM on 03/11/12
CorinaMarie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really enjoy this band.
09:18 PM on 03/11/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I waited forever for this! Album is amazing. Favorite song so far after about 10 plays straight through is "A Clown and His Pipe". I didn't like "Spineless Crow" at first but it grew on me a lot. The only beef I have with this album is that a couple songs have that cutting/slicing/chopping the guitars and vocals to make it sound all glitchy. Every band/producer in the genre is doing it now, so I won't blame Mr. Mizell, I just sorta roll my eyes when I hear it though. Otherwise near perfect album. It really lived up to my expectations.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure he was the one who pioneered that into being a commonplace occurence in this style of music. Although it's a little too often used these days he is quite good at it.
09:22 PM on 03/11/12
WeltallAY
User Info.
Like others I have been waiting with bated breath for this since they were going to release it as an EP and I'm glad to hear it doesn't disappoint. However, I love the production and I think that Cameron is continuing to refine his production while holding onto his trademark sound.
09:38 PM on 03/11/12
Redpaperkut
Dude
User Info.
Is it just me who can't see the link to the stream? All I see is a youtube clip.
09:46 PM on 03/11/12
Greg090793
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
album review anytime soon by an AP admin?
09:48 PM on 03/11/12
ChristianLFTW
That's not a nawyf. THAT'S a nawyf.
User Info.
yeah, hes got pretty good vocals, but his melodies are kind of bland with the exception of a few choruses. seems to stay within the same pocket throughout the cd which makes a lot of the songs blend together. im gonna give it more of a chance for the sole reason that there's barely any bands around in the "scene" with a decent clean vocalist, and even less without much screaming at all
I like most of the melodies. Some are bland, like "This Ain't No Place for Animals", "One Hundred" and "The Sower" has some boring ones here and there. By coal riff I mean how his voice jumps different notes in succession with one syllable. If that's unclear, Christina Aguilera, Jonny Craig, Tyler Carter overuse this technique. Listen to "Antarctica", you'll hear he'll drag out the last syllable of a word. "Before you walk you'll cra-a-a-a-awl... Are held to the grou-ou-ou-ound... through the ni-i-i-ight." Happens throughout a lot of the other songs too.
09:56 PM on 03/11/12
walk aimlessly
made of fabric strings and elastic.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
To be fair, I'm pretty sure he was the one who pioneered that into being a commonplace occurence in this style of music. Although it's a little too often used these days he is quite good at it.
I think you are right.
Also did you notice on Watchmaker, Cameron used the reverse snare to metallic ding? If I recall correctly, he told you that he would stop using that in another thread here. I actually really don't mind it, just pointing it out haha.
10:17 PM on 03/11/12
WeltallAY
User Info.
I think you are right.
Also did you notice on Watchmaker, Cameron used the reverse snare to metallic ding? If I recall correctly, he told you that he would stop using that in another thread here. I actually really don't mind it, just pointing it out haha.
Hahahaha, yeah that was me and he did say that! I'm guessing that that that half of the CD was recorded during the first session and Cameron talked with us between the two sessions (I think there was like a 1/2 year between the two sessions). I've been listening to albums he's done since that forum and it seems that he's been keepng his word.
10:43 PM on 03/11/12
Palestinian
Unregistered User
User Info.
This would be easier to enjoy if the songwriting was better.
10:49 PM on 03/11/12
Ohaidere
User Info.
A Clown And His Pipe and One Hundred are standouts for me...great stuff!
Absolutely agree on the two song choices that stuck out the most to me!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos