Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 63 of 63.
06:18 PM on 03/13/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I listened to Oceano's Depths and thought it was okay but never listened to the follow up. To be honest, I stopped listening to heavier stuff like that a couple of years ago. I did enjoy Zeuss's production on Goodbye To The Gallows by Emmure though.

I have 5 mp3's from Ascend The Sky/The Fallout Season but I don't know how I would get them to you.

Travelers was Dawn Defeo but they have a new drummer and a new clean vocalist. Richard use to do cleans for Dawn Defeo until he joined Secrets. What do you think of Dawn Defeo? I loved them.

Lions!Tigers!Bears! debut reminded me of Underoath's They're Only Chasing Safety for some reason even though they have their own thing going on. Maybe it was just the feel of that album. The demos were okay but the songs on the album were a tad better. I tried to get a staff member to review it a while back but it didn't happen.

The only other album that isn't on Cameron's wikipedia page I can think of is The Carrier Of Dreams by Divide The Sky. It was an EP that came out May of 2009 (Three years ago wow time flies!). I listened to it nonstop when it came out. I was disappointed with their next release because they changed their sound, but that EP was good for what it was and for the time it was released.

I've never even met anyone who cared about this stuff as much as I do and it's good to know there's someone on AP.net with similar interests and doesn't care what the other people here think about this type of music, because the hivemind shits on it here on the regular, haha. But don't get me wrong, I do love me some Brand New, New Found Glory, older TBS, and Acceptance.

Edit: Listening to that youtube clip I posted, Cameron's production has improved greatly since 2009.

Edit 2: I have listened to a song or 2 of old TGOG and of course their newest single. I have TLW's Crashing EP.

Edit 3: It appears that The Hi-Fi Horizon's EP "Synchronizing Our Hearts" was also produced by Cameron. I was confused because James Paul Wisner did the Pre-production. Synchronizing Our Hearts was released in November of 2009.
I've never heard of this Divide The Sky until now.....I love it. Thank you for showing me them, just added it to Wiki. Do you know if it was ever released as a physical version? I listened to a bit of their newer stuff and it was quite different (the 15 seconds I heard sounded similar to Doom era Job For A Cowboy.

Could you send the Ascend The Sky/The Fallout Season via a site like Mediafire?

Dawn Defeo seems very good. I as well was letdown by the Secrets record. I don't find Tom Denny to be a good producer (he mutes everything IMO) but the writing wasn't great either. I was actually going to a write a review about it on this site (even had an outline ready) but shelved it because no one would even care here.

Never heard of The Hi-Fi Horizon either, I will get them and add them too!

And agreed with the last paragraph. I as well enjoy all those bands quite a deal you've listed (though TBH I do get annoyed for people overhyping BN...though I do like them). What annoys me is how many APers find music to be almost mutually exclusive. Meaning, they only seem to like the "best of the genre" style bands (ex: Underoath, As I Lay Dying, DEP...) and can't enjoy bands who play (sometimes) simpler albeit very enjoyable bands in the scene.
04:29 AM on 03/14/12
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
User Info.
Sounds like an Amity Affliction cover band w/o the screaming
06:35 PM on 03/27/12
thandall92
User Info.
I'm trying to get in to this album but I'm not having much luck. Maybe all the hype made me expect something amazing? Not sure, but all i see are people saying how amazing it is. I don't mind it though, maybe a few more drops and it'll grow on me. Or not. There are a lot of innovative Post-Harcore bands these days...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests