Username
Password
Hawthorne Heights News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 64.
07:54 PM on 03/12/12
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
Erm... is anyone else getting 404 for the download page? Dang it, I really want this.

Edit: Never mind, got it.
07:56 PM on 03/12/12
bestofmoss
core
User Info.
Yes there really is. This is a completely different direction compared to their last full length. I know a lot of scene kiddies got pissed at this release because it wasn't the same as their most recent LP. Plus, it's free. Download it and if you don't like it, just delete it. My favorite song? Oceans

I though I heard an interview where HH said they'd never use screams in songs again since the screams died with their screamer. The ap podcast maybe?
07:57 PM on 03/12/12
PunkInfluence09
In it for the lulz
User Info.
I though I heard an interview where HH said they'd never use screams in songs again since the screams died with their screamer. The ap podcast maybe?
Yes, they did claim that... But they pretty much gave into years of frustration and did this EP. That's why it's special to me... It's a return to something they weren't ever going to do again.
08:01 PM on 03/12/12
LexXchaos
making the perfect mess of my life
User Info.
I'm pretty sure they just said that they were just not adding a new member to replace Casey. I guess at first that meant no screaming, but now one of the other members does the screaming.

I love this EP; definitively the band's best work. It's nice to see how they've grown and matured as a band.
If you don't like HH at least get the Failsafe song. They're a really great pop-punk/ rock band!
08:07 PM on 03/12/12
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
... and now my download is estimated at 22 hours to completion.

THE GODS ARE AGAINST ME
08:09 PM on 03/12/12
PunkInfluence09
In it for the lulz
User Info.
I'm pretty sure they just said that they were just not adding a new member to replace Casey. I guess at first that meant no screaming, but now one of the other members does the screaming.

I love this EP; definitively the band's best work. It's nice to see how they've grown and matured as a band.
If you don't like HH at least get the Failsafe song. They're a really great pop-punk/ rock band!
Actually...

Quote:
JT Woodruff has stated that "We won't add another guitar player or add another screamer", and that "In our albums, it'll always say 'Casey Calvert: guitar/vocals.'"Bucciarelli stated in another interview that, "We don't need another screamer...If the fans want screaming, they can provide it themselves."

Source - http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/157...-calvert.jhtml
08:12 PM on 03/12/12
cwhit412
User Info.
I miss their pop rock sound from Skeletons. hate that they went heavier again.
08:22 PM on 03/12/12
mkohler
Unnerved the nerve.
User Info.
I miss their pop rock sound from Skeletons. hate that they went heavier again.
I wouldn't say I hate the heavier sound but Skeletons was probably their best.
08:28 PM on 03/12/12
PunkInfluence09
In it for the lulz
User Info.
I wouldn't say I hate the heavier sound but Skeletons was probably their best.

And see, this is how we can see how diverse their fan base is. I personally didn't hate Skeletons, but I thought it was far from their best.

Hate, in my eyes, is definitely their best effort to date.
08:29 PM on 03/12/12
cwhit412
User Info.
And see, this is how we can see how diverse their fan base is. I personally didn't hate Skeletons, but I thought it was far from their best.

Hate, in my eyes, is definitely their best effort to date.
I actually never enjoyed much of HH at all until Skeletons. thought it was easily their best.
Nervous Breakdown was one of the catchiest songs I heard that year.
08:29 PM on 03/12/12
anamericangod
User Info.
Good to see people still saying good things about this EP. If you like it enough, go pick it up on vinyl for 12 bucks.
08:32 PM on 03/12/12
PunkInfluence09
In it for the lulz
User Info.
I actually never enjoyed much of HH at all until Skeletons. thought it was easily their best.
Nervous Breakdown was one of the catchiest songs I heard that year.
I won't disagree about Nervous Breakdown. It was definitely the standout for me on that release. Have you heard the acoustic version of it? Definitely interesting to see the song in two different lights.
08:33 PM on 03/12/12
jtwoodruff
User Info.
Hey guys,
I appreciate all of the awesome comments. One of the best parts about running your own label is that you can do things like this, to give back to your fans...and do something friendly for the music scene. Even if you don't like it, it's free...and I hope you can appreciate that. We were able to put this free download together very quickly, because we simply wanted to do it as a band. We run Cardboard Empire, so we all sat in a room and said YES. If more labels did this, it would make their artists and fans happy. Isn't that what it's all about? The music, the scene, the fans, and the way it makes you feel.
Let everyone know, that for one week only...you can have an totally DIY album for free.
If you like vinyl, I highly suggest helping Joe and American Dream Records.
Love JT and HH.
08:38 PM on 03/12/12
PunkInfluence09
In it for the lulz
User Info.
Hey guys,
I appreciate all of the awesome comments. One of the best parts about running your own label is that you can do things like this, to give back to your fans...and do something friendly for the music scene. Even if you don't like it, it's free...and I hope you can appreciate that. We were able to put this free download together very quickly, because we simply wanted to do it as a band. We run Cardboard Empire, so we all sat in a room and said YES. If more labels did this, it would make their artists and fans happy. Isn't that what it's all about? The music, the scene, the fans, and the way it makes you feel.
Let everyone know, that for one week only...you can have an totally DIY album for free.
If you like vinyl, I highly suggest helping Joe and American Dream Records.
Love JT and HH.

And this is why I'm such a huge fan of you guys. This isn't even a feature or anything special, and you still take the time to come in and comment back to your fans.

Lots of respect for you and the rest of HH.
08:46 PM on 03/12/12
Qadriyyah
Yeah, that girl...
User Info.
Where is the download link?
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives