Username
Password
Minus the Bear News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Minus the Bear
Inside AP.net

Minus the Bear Selected as MTV's Band of the Week

Posted by: Brandon Allin (09/17/07)
Minus the Bear have been selected as MTV's notorious Band of the Week. The station will feature interviews, performance footage, and more all week long in celebration of the grant. The group are currently touring in support of their latest release, Planet of Ice, which is available now courtesy of Suicide Squeeze Records.

Submitted by LV03

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32
11:00 AM on 09/17/07
Johnis
User Info.
Damn. Good for them I guess, considering the amount of promotion Paramore got from this kind of thing. Minus the Bear makes some incredible music.
11:02 AM on 09/17/07
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
Excellent album.
11:07 AM on 09/17/07
kylestarr
User Info.
it's about time. these guys release some of the best music out there. they are talented bunch of individuals wich is hard to say for a lot of the pop acts out there.
11:12 AM on 09/17/07
thatsignant
User Info.
This band is so good, never really thought they had a sound that fit the mainstream but what do I know, good for them.
11:17 AM on 09/17/07
dietoseeyoufail
http://soundcloud.com/allencasillas
User Info.
MTV? or MTV 2? I could see it on MTV 2 but MTV never really shows anything music related, at least when I tune to it, hopefully, I get to catch something. Anyone know like any times for anything they're showing?
EDIT: If this counts for anything, they used one of the song's off Planet of Ice for a commercial for this Celebrity Rap Star show or something...
11:28 AM on 09/17/07
HoldFastHope
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Very easily one of the best bands around right now. Planet of Ice and Menos El Oso are absolutely incredible albums, of which I've yet to tire. I tend to not like when bands get pimped by MTV, but I really don't see these guys changing for the worse.
11:30 AM on 09/17/07
LV03
User Info.
MTV? or MTV 2? I could see it on MTV 2 but MTV never really shows anything music related, at least when I tune to it, hopefully, I get to catch something. Anyone know like any times for anything they're showing?
EDIT: If this counts for anything, they used one of the song's off Planet of Ice for a commercial for this Celebrity Rap Star show or something...

I just saw a clip of them talking before the commercials (on MTV)
11:32 AM on 09/17/07
dietoseeyoufail
User Info.
I just saw a clip of them talking before the commercials (on MTV)

damn, I have MTV on, but I guess I missed it...
11:35 AM on 09/17/07
notoaststereo
they knew exactly what happened.
User Info.
whenever i see their singer do an interview he seems to be so uninterested and unenthusiastic about everything.
11:42 AM on 09/17/07
Tom Good
Album Reviewer
User Info.
weird. Rodrigo y Gabriela, Nelly Furtado, Aesop Rock and then Minus the bear? that kicks ass actually....I love MTB, just never thought I'd see em on MTV
11:47 AM on 09/17/07
offsetgroupie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

The various snippets play after every single show.
11:48 AM on 09/17/07
3mpire
Beads. BEES?! Beads! BEADS?!
User Info.
Glad they're getting the exposure they deserve.
11:52 AM on 09/17/07
FatJordan
Fat is Fashionable
User Info.
Sweeeeeeeeeeet...too bad MTV really barely TELLS us who these bands are (minus Aesop Rock last week, they had "Aesop" written everywhere).
11:53 AM on 09/17/07
dietoseeyoufail
User Info.
The various snippets play after every single show.
yea, I been watching for a while and I noticed that. And they play them in the background for like previews of new episodes of shows. That's dope.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums