AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
This Thread is Closed.

07:50 AM on 03/13/12 
User Info.
rbf737
Curious what those who have seen it so far think.

I've been a huge fan ever since I discovered the show a year ago; got the first two seasons and loved them. Season one was great but I think season 2 was even better in my opinion when he goes down to Mexico. Watched them over and over, put them on as I was falling asleep, etc. Kenny Powers (not to mentioned Stevie) has quickly become one of my favorite characters on television ever; you don't see anyone else like him anywhere else. The show's hilarious and it's got some really surprising dramatic and emotional moments sprinkled in, as well.

I was a bit concerned when I started watching the 3rd season given how much I loved the first two, thinking that it wouldn't be able to live up. Well I finally got around to catching the first two episodes (I had no idea the new season had started already) and I'm HUGELY disappointed. I could probably count the number of times on one hand that I was laughing out loud and most of those were just because I love the show as much as I do.

I could not believe that the same people (including Danny McBride) had written these episodes as the ones from the first two seasons. Jason Sudekis (who I like), his character is already annoying and adds absolutely nothing to the show. The second episode in particular was really stupid with Kenny going to rescue Stevie who was dressed up as a kabuki geisha for Will Ferrel's character, being humiliated. I assume it will get better as I keep watching but the first two episodes I've seen are easily the worst of the entire series IMO.
08:10 AM on 03/13/12 
User Info.
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
Los Angeles, CA
Male - 29 Years Old
Season 3 is easily better than 2...and I liked 2.

And why did this need its own thread?
08:35 AM on 03/13/12 
User Info.
rbf737
I searched for eastbound and down and it only showed a thread from 2 years ago, my fault didn't know it had it's own official thread. This can be deleted then. I'll keep watching but I hope the writing gets better in later eps and the jokes get a bit more clever like the first two seasons.
09:02 AM on 03/13/12 
User Info.
mms13
Baltimore,...
Male - 25 Years Old
Season 1 is a work of comedic art. I've probably watched the whole thing through 30 times.
That being said, I thought Season 2 was awful. It felt forced and as if they we're striving to replicate the same humor from Season 1 which was completely natural.
I've enjoyed Season 3 so far. At times it still seems a little forced, but it's been good. The best part is that they brought all the old characters back. Will Ferrel's character, his brother's family, April, Cutler - they're who made the show so great (still waiting on a Clegg appearance).
11:56 AM on 03/13/12 
User Info.
vivatoto56
Nice Try, The Devil
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
Someone throw a rock at this kid.
01:30 PM on 03/13/12 
User Info.
rbf737
Ya I've watched the first two seasons more times than I can remember, so good. Ha okay, though, I guess it goes to show how subjective comedy is. I'm going to check out eps 3 and 4 soon so maybe I spoke too soon anyway.

Someone throw a rock at this kid.

Heh a lil touchy. I wouldn't even bring this up if it wasn't one of my favorite shows hands down.
02:53 PM on 03/13/12 
User Info.
brook183
@brooks_an
Southgate, MI
Male - 23 Years Old
"Get your pussy out"

I laughed at that for the rest of the episode.
03:03 PM on 03/13/12 
User Info.
JamieTheSonger
05 Fuck Em
New York City
Male - 19 Years Old
This should be like on your tumblr or something.
03:21 PM on 03/13/12 
User Info.
RiCCioLi
Midtown Saves.
nj
Male - 30 Years Old
Curious what those who have seen it so far think.

I've been a huge fan ever since I discovered the show a year ago; got the first two seasons and loved them. Season one was great but I think season 2 was even better in my opinion when he goes down to Mexico. Watched them over and over, put them on as I was falling asleep, etc. Kenny Powers (not to mentioned Stevie) has quickly become one of my favorite characters on television ever; you don't see anyone else like him anywhere else. The show's hilarious and it's got some really surprising dramatic and emotional moments sprinkled in, as well.

I was a bit concerned when I started watching the 3rd season given how much I loved the first two, thinking that it wouldn't be able to live up. Well I finally got around to catching the first two episodes (I had no idea the new season had started already) and I'm HUGELY disappointed. I could probably count the number of times on one hand that I was laughing out loud and most of those were just because I love the show as much as I do.

I could not believe that the same people (including Danny McBride) had written these episodes as the ones from the first two seasons. Jason Sudekis (who I like), his character is already annoying and adds absolutely nothing to the show. The second episode in particular was really stupid with Kenny going to rescue Stevie who was dressed up as a kabuki geisha for Will Ferrel's character, being humiliated. I assume it will get better as I keep watching but the first two episodes I've seen are easily the worst of the entire series IMO.

yea some huge fan you are

Season 1 is by far the best. And so far season 3 is way better than 2. Season 2 was all down hill after episode 1.
04:55 PM on 03/13/12 
User Info.
sammyboy516
Male - 22 Years Old
This has been the best season so far IMO. Love it.
05:02 PM on 03/13/12 
User Info.
I am Mick
http://www.worncolors.bandcamp.c om
Pittsburgh
Male - 24 Years Old
I wish this thread didn't exist
06:08 PM on 03/13/12 
User Info.
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
Male - 24 Years Old
*mention
10:53 PM on 03/13/12 
User Info.
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
Male - 23 Years Old
^Well said^
12:48 PM on 03/14/12 
User Info.
atticus18244fss
reddit.com/r/blink182
Sarnia/Waterloo, ON
Male - 22 Years Old
"Get your pussy out"

I laughed at that for the rest of the episode.

That and "Kenny why did you do that. Now we both don't have a phone"
01:09 PM on 03/14/12 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
Why hasn't this thread been deleted or combined with the official thread?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets