Username
Password
Video News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video
Inside AP.net

Fans Report In: Young the Giant Perform Three New Songs

Posted by: Jason Tate (03/14/12)
Young the Giant performed three new songs last Friday (live videos are in the replies) and told the crowd that they are aiming to have their new album out next Spring.

Submitted by 11:11

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
12:32 PM on 03/14/12
Jason Tate
User Info.

12:56 PM on 03/14/12
honestykills
User Info.
Can't wait to listen to these when I get home from work. Band is criminally underappreciated.
01:36 PM on 03/14/12
SnowPatroler
User Info.
I like there singles enough but there album seemed pretty blahh, good but nothing interesting, but damn do they put on a good live show. I saw them with Grouplove, Foster the people, Cage the Elephant, Mumford and Sons, Two Door Cinema Club and Deathcab For Cutie . . Though by far not my favorite of the set (actually my least) They honestly were probably the best Live, tied with Mumford.
01:41 PM on 03/14/12
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
Can't wait to listen to these when I get home from work. Band is criminally underappreciated.
How so? I hear them on alternative stations all the time. They played in the video music awards, had a song on Glee and American Idol, played the late night circuit, toured with Incubus, sold their album well.

I love these guys, but I hardly would call them under appreciated.
02:15 PM on 03/14/12
Mr.Piano93
I hate my username.
User Info.

Really? They sold out a 1,500+ person venue here in a little over 48 hours and they're consistently in the iTunes top 10 (Alternative category). One of the biggest names in their genre right now.
02:19 PM on 03/14/12
theskycouldfly
Bluth Family
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My friends have the same booking agent as these guys Vanaprasta
02:47 PM on 03/14/12
honestykills
User Info.
How so? I hear them on alternative stations all the time. They played in the video music awards, had a song on Glee and American Idol, played the late night circuit, toured with Incubus, sold their album well.

I love these guys, but I hardly would call them under appreciated.
Really? They sold out a 1,500+ person venue here in a little over 48 hours and they're consistently in the iTunes top 10 (Alternative category). One of the biggest names in their genre right now.

I stand corrected. I guess I was mainly speaking from personal perception of their popularity in my vicinity alone. Only two of my close friends have even HEARD of them, and they still aren't getting airplay on any of the local stations around here. My bad though, I was aware of the Glee cover, but I didn't realize they had gotten that big as of late. Pretty glad for that then.
06:43 PM on 03/14/12
Mikeallover
User Info.
Oh boy this sounds so good. I really hope I don't have to wait an entire year to hear this recorded though.
08:03 PM on 03/14/12
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
Love this band. Can't wait for their next release.
06:55 AM on 03/15/12
_all_star_me_
User Info.
Next Spring? That's A YEAR AWAY. So far.
06:56 PM on 03/15/12
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
NEXT spring? Good grief.
09:42 PM on 03/15/12
Intamin
Music...is great.
User Info.
Geez, way to take their time!

Makes sense for a band on the rise to milk their first (as YtG, anyways) album, though...you wanna come up with a good sophomore release, as well, so you please old and new fans alike.

Just...after seeing them live at least 3 times, I think I'll pass until some new material comes out--they don't exactly change up their live show very much.

Still, music's awesome. :)
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums