|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
marktiddy.bandcamp.com (website links, as many as you want to include)
1. How did you get your band name?
When I was younger I used to use a band name rather than my own name but then decided that actually it made far more sense to just be 'Mark Tiddy
2. How did this band get started?
I started writing when I was 14/5 in my bedroom and being a bit of a geek too started recording music. As time when on I learned other instruments and practiced singing and it's all gone from there.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
I love pop-punk and so lots of my music is heavily influenced by bands like Something Corporate, MxPx, Blink 182, Bowing for Soup and Relient K although I think the softer sides of my music come courtesy of Ben Folds and Newton Faulkner.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
I'd love to tour with Relient K or Blink 182. They've both been favourites of mine for years and have so much energy in their music.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
It has to be take-away pizza.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
I try and write music that I enjoy listening to and so I hope that's a good starting point for music and hope that people like my music as much (or ideally more) than me!
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
I'm not really that into sports but I'd love to switch with one of those pro table tennis players who make it look so easy!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I'd thank God, my wife and my parents
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I'd make it so there was more opportunity for independent bands to be heard on the radio, etc. There's loads of great independent artists out there but they just don't get the airtime.
10. Memorable tour experience?
I remember playing recently where I was only playing a song as part of a bigger event and so they didn't have time to soundcheck and so it was really scary going on stage having no idea if anything would work but fun at the same time.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's a great site for finding out news about bands and finding new music because there's so many like-minded people.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Out of my songs I love playing 'Make You Smile', in terms of covers I've been working on a acoustic version of Slipknot's Psychosocial which is fun to play too because it's so different to the original!
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Driving down quiet roads in another country because it's exciting and unknown territory
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
The Beatles - my parents used to have them on vinyl!
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I'd like to be able to go invisible...it would be so much fun to randomly move things around and freak people out!
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
I drink loads of water...and I read once that alcohol and caffeine are bad for your voice so tend to detox a couple of days before the gig.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I secretly have lots of 90's pop in my music collection!
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I think it would depend on the station but given the airplay I think my music could do well.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like to hang out with friends, watch bands play and go to the gym
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I'm actually not that bad at cooking meals and baking cakes!
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author