AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Hold Steady News
Have a news tip? Submit news.
Hold Steady

Craig Finn Launches "Clear Heart" Beer

Posted by: Jason Tate (03/16/12)
Craig Finn has teamed up with Signature Brew to launch his very own "Clear Heart" beer. The full press release, and "making of video" is in the replies. This is just all kinds of bad-ass.
From The Press ReleaseFollowing an extensive tasting and testing session at the Signature Brew Pub, where a shortlist of 25 very different brews were supped and sampled, Craig selected his favourite flavours, aromas and styles. These were then taken by the Master Brewer, combined, and the brewing process was set in motion. Several weeks later, hot on the tail of his solo release, “Clear Heart, Full Eyes”, the beer was ready, Craig’s very own Signature Brew.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
03:29 PM on 03/16/12
Jason Tate
User Info.

Craig Finn is your literate American all-rounder, and his work with The Hold Steady has been the perfect soundtrack to good times for so many. The clink of drinks amongst buddies, the highs and the lows of life where the drink in your hand is as good a friend to you as any other. With this in mind, and after years of drinking the same beers from the same tired riders, Craig took his wealth of life and drinking experience and started to work on a beer of his own.

Following an extensive tasting and testing session at the Signature Brew Pub, where a shortlist of 25 very different brews were supped and sampled, Craig selected his favourite flavours, aromas and styles. These were then taken by the Master Brewer, combined, and the brewing process was set in motion. Several weeks later, hot on the tail of his solo release, “Clear Heart, Full Eyes”, the beer was ready, Craig’s very own Signature Brew.

“When I set out to make this beer, I was going for something with a clear taste and a full flavor. Instead I got a pretty decent buzz. We had a great time creating this beer and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Enjoy!” said Craig Finn of the beer.

Served cold in 330ml bottles, ‘Clear Heart’ contains a melody of bitterness and citrus notes, the fresh hops and malted barley are in harmony within this golden brew, a full bodied taste with an easy finish.

"We've been big fans of Craig's music over the years and are delighted to have helped him develop his Clear Heart craft beer. It has been a fantastic opportunity for us to have his knowledge and enthusiasm represented as part of our Signature Brew collection."
said Sam McGregor, Director at Signature Brew.

The official beer launch will be on the 19th of March at The Signature Brew Pub, and the beer will be available to buy online, as well as at a range of selected outlets, including The Hoxton Bar & Kitchen where Craig will be playing on the 29th of March.

Signature Brew believe in real music and real beer. Bringing some of the world’s greatest artists together with the finest craft beer to create an authentic music taste. Clear Heart is the sophomore beer released by Signature Brew, following The General by The Rifles.

He is playing the following dates supporting The Felice Brothers in the coming days:

March 15th – Academy – Dublin
March 16th – Spring & Airbrake – Belfast
March 17th – ABC – Glasgow
March 18th – Academy 2 – Manchester
March 20th – KOKO - London

For more information on Signature Brew and wholesaling, visit: http://www.signaturebrew.co.uk
03:52 PM on 03/16/12
tstick18
thanks, arthur.
User Info.
mmmbeermmm
04:14 PM on 03/16/12
nickstetina
User Info.
Waiting for some friends from the beer snob to surface.

Definitely gonna check this out!
04:21 PM on 03/16/12
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
i support this
04:59 PM on 03/16/12
IceAge/HeatWave
hello earth
User Info.
big big fan.
05:45 PM on 03/16/12
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
As much as I enjoy The Hold Steady, the UK makes horrible beers for the most part so I'll avoid this.
05:59 PM on 03/16/12
beth danger
It's a bird! It walked on my pillow
User Info.
God, this is everything I love. Craig Finn, beer, and Friday Night Lights references.
09:18 PM on 03/16/12
thebestkylever
girls like status.
User Info.
kinda surprised this came out during lent.
09:24 PM on 03/16/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
Love this man.
11:09 PM on 03/16/12
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
Awesome.
11:36 PM on 03/16/12
SecretsFromYou
User Info.
It's about time. Craig makes perfect beer-drinking music. I wish the press release was more specific though about the beer itself though. Is it an IPA or a wheat ale or something else??

EDIT: oddly enough, I'm drunk off a mix n' match six pack of different WI microbrews which explains the poorly written sentence above. oh well.
07:36 AM on 03/17/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
kinda surprised this came out during lent.
Why? It's not like they're super religious dudes.
05:53 PM on 03/17/12
idledoeskill
Saint Barbara, don't let me explode
User Info.
This excites me so much.

I name all of my homebrews after Hold Steady lyrics
11:26 AM on 03/18/12
thebestkylever
girls like status.
User Info.
Why? It's not like they're super religious dudes.

i guess surprised is the wrong word to use, but i just think it's kind of a funny coincidence. craig talks about his catholicism quite a bit during interviews (not to mention all the references in his lyrics). that said, he does usually mention that his version of catholicism is probably pretty different than the pope's. what brought this to my attention though is an interview i was reading the other day where he said he gave up drinking during lent.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos