AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Ambassadors - Litost Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7.25
Musicianship 7.75
Lyrics 7.5
Production 7.5
Creativity 7.75
Lasting Value 7
Reviewer Tilt 6.75
Final Verdict: 74%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Ambassadors - Litost

Reviewed by: InfiniteArms (03/17/12)
Ambassadors - Litost
Release Date: January 16, 2012
Record Label: Unsigned

What a delight I thought after listening to this album; the light melodies, the catchy tunes, they really know when to pull back and just let the music speak for itself, and when to let go and just let loose and go crazy as well. Which is great, you can never have enough bands that do that; to have a band that is so mature on their debut LP is fantastic. If I had to be picky, then I'd say the jump from track to track could've been a bit smoother because the tempo changes from song to song and it doesn't flow as easily as it should.

The opening track is one of those tracks that gets you ready for the album ahead. There's elements of each track in the first track. Not getting into as much but there's a good beat, nice melodies and it's catchy. The 2nd track “Falls” is my personal favourite, it's catchy and never let's the energy go. It's one of those songs that makes you smile from start to finish. The 3rd track is the main song I have issues with the flow of the album. It's a great song, don't worry about that part of it. It's the fact that it goes from a free flowing opening track, to a straight up indie-pop-rock sort of track, to a track that for the most of it is just drums and a bass behind some vocals. It really changes the whole tempo of the album for the most part of 5 minutes. 'Litost' the title track, is probably going to be a fan favourite. It was my favourite, and then I played it so many damn times, I got sick of it! I guess you could say I loved it so much, I got a bit bored of it and started to hate it, but that's just me. The Rest of the album is very much the same to the first. Because there is only 8 tracks, there isn't much to analyse for the rest of it, apart from the fact that it's a slow decent to the end.

I suppose you could compare this album to a flight across the country. You take off and it's really strong for the most part and then once they can see the end, it's a slow decent before the flight ends.

A great way to describe this album I guess would be to say it's very diverse. The album cannot be classified into just one genre; there's a bit of rock, there's a bit of pop and there's a bit of electronic stuff in there. It's a great effort from the guys from Philadelphia and I hope they can come out stronger on their next release!

Recommended if you Like:Mae; Moneen - The World I Want To Leave Behind; maybe MGMT; maybe Passion Pit

Track List:1. Weight/Lightness
2. Falls
3. Unconsolable
4. Litost
5. (O Death)

6. Lay Me Down
7. Caged Animals
8. Bodybag

Standout Tracks: "Falls" "Litost" "Caged Animals"

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
12:46 PM on 05/14/12
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
oof, this is a terribly written review. solid album though.
05:07 PM on 10/19/12
InfiniteArms
Foreign everywhere I've been
User Info.
oof, this is a terribly written review. solid album though.
I had major writing block when writing this but it was due, so I did what I could. I'll probably resubmit a better one later.
09:29 AM on 06/25/14
taelorrye
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Any chance you have the hard copy and are looking to sell it?
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests