Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts.
01:47 PM on 03/19/12
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
Absolutely.

I remember using one of those "columbia house" type services back in the day, where you could call the hotline and hear clips of songs from different albums (anyone else remember doing this?? it seems forever ago). Anyway, I remember hearing these songs for the first time on that hotline. I requested the CD (one of those "12 CDs for Free" deals), and I've loved the album ever since.

I know that's not a very "punk" story about how I was introduced to Rancid...but just wanted to share it. I'll always remember the first time I heard these songs.
I use to do that too. My dad had a few of them to cover the different majors. Once my siblings and myself were at a point where we were into our own stuff, he would let us pick a few out for ourselves. I got into Less Than Jake via Hello Rockview when my sister got it. But, yeah I only called the hotline a few times because I never really needed to for the most part. Of the 12 or 15 CDs only a few were for me, so it was usually stuff I knew I wanted like the Space Jam soundtrack.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums