AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Dear Hunter News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 116.
03:39 PM on 09/20/07
Garett Press
User Info.
"The cds are going to be completely inspired by the color- so it could be from what the color feels like, to the colors place in musical and world history, to the metaphysical importance of the color, to the color's frequency dictating the actual tones and keys used for the music.

Our main focus will remain supporting Act II, and the Act music in general, but these records will have as much care and detail as any full length."

Alright, this explains a little more. Pretty interesting endeavor. I'll be interested to see how it goes. They definatey have the talent to pull something like this off.
Where's that info from?
03:39 PM on 09/20/07
Brxtt
User Info.
Umm.. so the songs are supposed to sound like the colors?? I don't really get it. Thrice pulling off the four elements can definitely be done, but I don't know about this one.
03:40 PM on 09/20/07
notoaststereo
they knew exactly what happened.
User Info.
i think casey is trying too hard
03:47 PM on 09/20/07
buysoap
True Punk Fan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
...what?
03:49 PM on 09/20/07
Lehcar
User Info.
crazy
03:50 PM on 09/20/07
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Everyone so quick to whine, bitch, and talk shit. "Omgz Thrice is lyke the only band that can do teh concept albumzzz!!!1" Let it go...Casey and crew are just as creative as Dustin's gang, so I am sure this is going to be more than solid. Jesus.
03:54 PM on 09/20/07
fedhed7
Chickens don't clap!
User Info.
this is going to be fucking wild. i can't wait.
03:58 PM on 09/20/07
Brett9
a creative username?
User Info.
wow that's pretty awesome news...but sucks that they'll only be available at shows.
04:00 PM on 09/20/07
Hobby
User Info.
It'd be nice to get a timeframe on when we can expect the first of these albums. But, for now, I'm hyped, looking forward to them.
04:02 PM on 09/20/07
Adrian Villagomez
The Sword the Anvil the Stone
User Info.
Sounds interesting, but wouldn't they get tired on this concept in nine (or more) years from now?
04:05 PM on 09/20/07
mike l
el cielo es azul
User Info.
it's not that people are doubting his skills or ambitions, it is just that nine 30-60 minute releases is more than most bands release in their careers nowadays. not to mention if they are only sold at shows it would probably either a) cost a shitload to fund the recording these since the only way to acquire such material is through live shows or b) production and quality will be shit.

if i was into this band id be excited and also terrified because let's face it, almost any band, especially one based upon a concept becomes tired and boring to the listener's ears after a handful of releases.

nonetheless, cheers to casey and the rest of his bandmates for having such grand plans.
04:06 PM on 09/20/07
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
Sounds interesting, but wouldn't they get tired on this concept in nine (or more) years from now?
The way Casey described the project, it appears they will be releasing at the very least two a year.
04:07 PM on 09/20/07
shtjames
User Info.
good luck following through on that
mike l
el cielo es azul
User Info.
also i thought i saw it before i posted, but i doublechecked after, and after reading all the replies. in the first couple of lines it says in the next 1-3 years, no?
trindaddy
Trinconceivable
User Info.
some people say its bad, but not me. i know i'll end up collecting them all. this is easily one of my favorite bands.

kudos to casey for being a complete bad ass and being adventurous.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests