The Dear Hunter News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 116.
04:07 PM on 09/20/07
bdon
life is a rhythm
User Info.
Where's that info from?

casey posted all of this on ftf.

"We released Act II a few months ago. Months before that, we were already itching to write and record new material. We understand the fact that we cant release an LP every6 months- or even every year. BUT- we do want to remain busy, and keep a steady flow of creativity- so we would like to tell you about the project we are starting.

I delayed making this post, because I am working on a small website to be the center of the project, but the hosting company hasn't set up my account yet- and I'm getting anxious.

Getting to the point, we are starting work on 9 records that will be anywhere between 30 and 60 minutes each. They are all inspired and pertaining to the colors of the spectrum, with Black and White added as bookends. They will include many guest appearances, and will span many different genres of music.

These records will be available at shows, and perhaps online. We are all very excited to get started and have some really amazing, inspired, creative ideas that we can not wait to show you.

Our main focus will remain supporting Act II, and the Act music in general, but these records will have as much care and detail as any full length.

That's all there really is to say at the moment, but we will update you as time goes on.

Just so everyone knows-

[Black], Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet, [White]"
04:11 PM on 09/20/07
PigDestroyer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Dear Hunter is good...but not THAT good
04:13 PM on 09/20/07
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Oh shit, that's so cool. I want it now.
04:15 PM on 09/20/07
Praetor
as we melt, let's make no noise.
User Info.
Everyone so quick to whine, bitch, and talk shit. "Omgz Thrice is lyke the only band that can do teh concept albumzzz!!!1" Let it go...Casey and crew are just as creative as Dustin's gang, so I am sure this is going to be more than solid. Jesus.
Seriously. It's like people think that Thrice have a monolopy on concept albums. This is going to be amazing. Such a cool idea.
it's not that people are doubting his skills or ambitions, it is just that nine 30-60 minute releases is more than most bands release in their careers nowadays. not to mention if they are only sold at shows it would probably either a) cost a shitload to fund the recording these since the only way to acquire such material is through live shows or b) production and quality will be shit.

if i was into this band id be excited and also terrified because let's face it, almost any band, especially one based upon a concept becomes tired and boring to the listener's ears after a handful of releases.

nonetheless, cheers to casey and the rest of his bandmates for having such grand plans.
Casey is a more than capable producer.
04:17 PM on 09/20/07
Tony
Fuckface Extraordinaire
User Info.
WTF!? So it's gonna be a while before Act III is released. Aren't there supposed to be 6 albums in that series already? I'd say they're biting off a bit more than they can chew, running 2 long-term concept projects at the same time. Sufjan originally planned to make an album for each state, and look how that's turned out.

Also, violent is not a color (unless you're Chuck Norris, in which case, it's your favorite color).
04:18 PM on 09/20/07
SAOSIN7years
Really not much of a Saofan.
User Info.
Interesting concept, hypothetically.

But only time will tell.
04:18 PM on 09/20/07
Esrb99
The Pertinacious Papist
User Info.
Fuck...

Seriously, for two years I've been working on lyrics for something of this magnitude... 4-8 songs each, with B&W as well... jesus.
04:24 PM on 09/20/07
youareallfreaks
thoust dare quoth i?
User Info.
this is the last night in my body, yeahhhhh
04:26 PM on 09/20/07
RelaxNoRelapse
Live from Slane Castle
User Info.
wont happen most likely. if it does though, greatness.
04:26 PM on 09/20/07
crit
@crittweets
User Info.
oh man, intense. i'm excited.
04:37 PM on 09/20/07
Roboman
Don't Mind If I Didn't
User Info.
Uhh...wow, okay...
04:38 PM on 09/20/07
logantogovcentr
--
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this is the last night in my body, yeahhhhh

haha
04:44 PM on 09/20/07
rr_thecrowing
twitter.com/kreeger
User Info.
production and quality will be shit

Casey produces all of the Dear Hunter discs himself. I think they sound great.
04:49 PM on 09/20/07
squared82
why burn poor and lonely?
User Info.
they're just cranking out music
04:50 PM on 09/20/07
Genuma
User Info.
Personally, I'm thrilled.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE