Username
Password

Comments: Page 8
Displaying posts 105 - 116 of 116
06:29 AM on 09/21/07
Toner
I'll Always Never Know
User Info.
"Black feels like a perfect leaping point for this project. It is a void. It is chaos. To take on a project like this and not represent the absence of color would be foolish.

White is equally important- as with light- it is pure, and complete- thus, it feels to be the perfect end."

After seeing Casey elaborate on these two "colors" it has actually installed a bit of faith in the project on my part. I have to say that his ambition is unmatched and I'm excited to hear the end result. Though I am obviously still dubious towards some colors and will probably remain so until Casey discusses what each color entails.
09:43 AM on 09/21/07
TheWeakest
User Info.
very interesing
11:12 AM on 09/21/07
Brxtt
User Info.
After reading more of what Casey had to say about the project, I'm more confident he can pull something like this off now. Best of luck to him, I'd love to see this work.
12:59 PM on 09/21/07
dearmsterri
User Info.
people are saying it's like thrice..well to be honest dear hunter will blow thrice out of the water with this project.
01:50 PM on 09/21/07
eversoinviting
What are you supposed to put here?
User Info.
Sounds like an interesting idea.
02:12 PM on 09/21/07
gahbee__x
Blacked out, but not gone.
User Info.
I love that this band is genuinely in it for music. It's so refreshing.

Totally with you on that.

This whole thing raises my respect for Casey even more, if that was even possible.
09:45 PM on 09/21/07
speakhandsforme
Rob the poor to feed the rich
User Info.
They aren't as creative as Thrice. Dustin writes much better lyrics than this guy. .
Haha. Try not to talk. Though completely ignorant to your physical appearance, I can assure you that relying on your looks is the safer approach to life.
If you hear Casey talk, you immediately recognize that he's a brilliant guy, much moreso than Dustin. Though I am not sure as to who has better lyrics, I can safely state (as a fact) that Casey Crescenzo is a much more talented all-around musician than Dustin Kensrue and that The Dear Hunter is worlds more creative than Thrice.

Each color has its own archetypal meaning, even though you may not think they do. For example, black is evil, red is passion, blue is calmness, white is purity, yellow is weakness, etc. Casey can easily mix passion and calmness to get to violet, passion and weakness to get orange, and more. The only limitations he has are ones that he sets on himself and if he can visualize this in his head, I'm sure he can do it.

This post should replace "Music Mends Broken Hearts" on the site's banner
04:02 PM on 09/23/07
mogwaifearsatan
feels good man
User Info.
The group is doing this because they love creating music and if they have the idea, there's nothing wrong with putting it out there. So many people are locked into the mindset that artists only create art to impress people. This group cares about the music first and foremost and anyone who is willing to come along for the ride.
08:32 AM on 02/29/08
total brodown
User Info.
Ideas like this make me feel like a lazy piece of shit. I love and respect Casey and the band so much. This is awesome.

(i know i'm way late, but this was too interesting not to post)

haha, i agree so much with that. such a monumental, talented, creative, ambitious, hardworking musician like casey just make all my faults as one seem so huge.

i'm so stoked for these records. especially since he included they'll range from all different genres.
03:52 PM on 07/26/08
teenagetwilight
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Since the release of the first EP, The Dear Hunter blew Thrice out of the water in every aspect, and this concept is going to be unbelievable.
09:35 PM on 01/26/11
roc1383
User Info.
I can't believe how long ago this was posted. 2007! It's 2011, several The Dear Hunter releases later, and they're currently recording this project!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos