AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Show Review: Bruce Springsteen In 2,200 Words

Posted by - 10:08 AM on 03/22/12
Hey everybody, if you look up (no, not at the ceiling, at the top of the homepage!), you'll see a staff content post for today. I wanted to give a snippet out of one of those reviews, a live show review I wrote after watching Bruce Springsteen this Sunday open his Wrecking Ball Tour in Atlanta. I haven't written something like that in a long time - everything just came out fluidly. I felt very strongly about the emotion in the show and I encourage you all to read the blog, and check out Springsteen on tour this year, if you have the means.
From the review“Do I have to say his name?” Springsteen would ask. The crowd would respond, “Clarence!” “Do I have to say his name?!” “Clarence!” The Big Man. Not tonight. Tonight it was, “Are we missing anybody?” followed by the cries of “Clarence!” Over and over and over again. And not just for Clarence – but for the late Phantom Danny Federici as well. And at the end of the first of many tributes, Springsteen said, “All I can guarantee…is that if you’re here…and we’re here…then they’re here.” And all at once it was everybody wanting to yell but everybody wanting to make sure the water in their eyes welling up didn’t turn into tears on their face spilling over. Because that’s what Sunday was – it was a night of moments.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
01:44 PM on 03/22/12
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I know its the wrecking ball tour...but im glad i passed on tickets judging by the setlist. Thats alot of new material. Then again im not crazy about w.b.
01:53 PM on 03/22/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I know its the wrecking ball tour...but im glad i passed on tickets judging by the setlist. Thats alot of new material. Then again im not crazy about w.b.
Based on the set list, I wouldn't have been too stoked either....but it was amazing.
02:13 PM on 03/22/12
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Based on the set list, I wouldn't have been too stoked either....but it was amazing.

I believe it. Watching a bs&tesb concert on video is a greater experience than seeing most bands in person.
08:09 PM on 03/22/12
ImTheSheriff
///
User Info.
hey, could you post one more news post about this show review so i can not read it again?
06:27 AM on 03/23/12
Neptune
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
your writing makes me want to vomit.
08:21 AM on 03/23/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
hey, could you post one more news post about this show review so i can not read it again?
Excuse me? I posted it in the staff content thread and then posted a pull quote. That's customary.
08:21 AM on 03/23/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
your writing makes me want to vomit.
It appears as though most of the people in the comments of the blog would disagree with you.
08:33 AM on 03/23/12
ImTheSheriff
///
User Info.
Excuse me? I posted it in the staff content thread and then posted a pull quote. That's customary.
no it's not
08:47 AM on 03/23/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
As far as I know that's our protocol for interviews and show reviews, I didn't know you were on staff. If you were really bothered by this news post and didn't want to read my show review, I find it strange that you took the time to come in here and tell me about it instead of just ignoring it like other news that doesn't interest you.
09:01 AM on 03/23/12
ImTheSheriff
///
User Info.
As far as I know that's our protocol for interviews and show reviews, I didn't know you were on staff. If you were really bothered by this news post and didn't want to read my show review, I find it strange that you took the time to come in here and tell me about it instead of just ignoring it like other news that doesn't interest you.
hey man, we all know you're the mcdonalds of staff members.
09:04 AM on 03/23/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
hey man, we all know you're the mcdonalds of staff members.
aha
09:04 AM on 03/23/12
ImTheSheriff
///
User Info.
YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP
11:27 AM on 03/26/12
Neptune
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It appears as though most of the people in the comments of the blog would disagree with you.
a bunch of people on this website complimenting you doesnt mean you arent an awful writer.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos