Username
Password

Comments: Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 90 of 232
03:59 PM on 03/22/12
sakattack123
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've been a big O.A.R. fan since 5th grade and I LOVE their live albums. Most bands today essentially just replicate songs as they are recorded in the studio but O.A.R. is constantly progressing and improving their tunes, even ones that are 15 years old. Also, The Roots live album is great too.
Jason Tate
User Info.
And....

All the BOB DYLAN bootlegs - most notably Live at Royal Albert Hall.

Listen to more shit than MT&T Show, kidz
Took you 3 posts to get to Dylan?

Slacker.
Jake Gyllenhaal
Sit on Santa's lap
User Info.
The only live album I've listened to multiple times is Nirvana's Unplugged performance.
04:00 PM on 03/22/12
Greg
User Info.
I also used to have a ton of Sonething Corporate bootlegs. There was a performance of Globes and Maps that hit me everytime.
04:01 PM on 03/22/12
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
It rules. I think "bsides r us" had it at one point. I did a quick google search for it - but couldn't find it.

Alright, I`ll poke around in there and see if anyone knows where to get it.
Merkin
DOOMTREE crew
User Info.
starting line live album is really good.
spawnofz
User Info.
I like live albums if it's the sort that comes with a dvd of the performance. I don't mind the audio, but I have the studio albums for that, I want to actually see the band and remember what it's like to be at a show from that band. Currently my favorite live shows are some Counting Crows bootlegs, Yellowcard Live at The Electric Factory and Thrice Live At The House Of Blues.
04:02 PM on 03/22/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Took you 3 posts to get to Dylan?

Slacker.

True that haha. I am listening to Nirvana though and the Led Zeppelin How The West Was Won live record literally made it hard for me to listen to any of their studio albums. It's that good.
04:03 PM on 03/22/12
chordsforacure
Host of the Saint Mort Show!
User Info.
I'm a Five Iron Fan boy - Proof That The Youth Are Revolting and The End is Here all the way
04:03 PM on 03/22/12
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Good choice with Leavin' the Game, though if I had to choose a Butch live album, I'd go for This is Me...Justified and Stripped. All acoustic stuff, with some great banter in there, and one of the greatest renditions of "Cigarette Lighter Love Song" available anywhere.

Beyond that, I could go for almost any Bruce bootleg here, especially a few from the last tour where he played a bunch of his records all the way through. The pinnacle is probably the final show, where he plays Greetings From Asbury Park and arguably takes the album to a higher place than it reaches on record. It also has an amazing emotional electricity, something that could also be said for the closing show of the reunion tour back in 2000. The recording of "Blood Brothers" off that bootleg is one of the greatest live recordings of any song I have ever heard. But if we're talking official releases, Hammersmith Odeon, Live in New York, and the live compilation from '75 to '85 are all killer.

Counting Crows - Across a Wire: Live in NY
Jimmy Eat World - Clarity Live
John Mayer - Where the Light Is
Matt Nathanson - At the Point
Sister Hazel - Before the Amplifiers
U2 - 360 at the Rose Bowl
04:04 PM on 03/22/12
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
I like Tegan and Sara's live album a lot.
04:06 PM on 03/22/12
chordsforacure
Host of the Saint Mort Show!
User Info.
Less Than Jake - Live in Minneapolis (whole thing was on pure volume years back)

Holy shit I have that on my computer and still forgot about it. That's where I heard Science of Selling Yourself Short for the first time and picked up Anthem
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
i enjoy live albums, sometimes i like live renditions of songs way more than the original because it's real and wasn't multitrack recorded. other times bands have to tweak there songs when played live because some studio effects/sounds just can't be recreated live. that being said, here is my list.

berth-the used
go chuck yourself-sum 41
back to the disaster-sugarcult
MTV unplugged-all time low
schlotty
See you later, Joben!
User Info.
Nirvana's Unplugged album. Thank you and goodnight.
04:07 PM on 03/22/12
georgedcc
User Info.
Forgot a few classics,

Johnny Cash - Live At Folsom Prison. Seriously, the king of all live records, no idea how I missed this from my original list, but it's fucking incredible.

Bjork - Live Series. She put out live versions of her first four albums. I'm a massive Bjork fanboy, so the fact that I forgot that was pretty shoddy from me. She's got an absolutely brilliant voice and the songs sound totally different live, which is one of the major factors that keep me listening to it.

A few other less essential, but still good:

Biffy Clyro - Revolutions Live at Wembley
Braid - Lucky To Be Alive
Bright Eyes - Motion Sickness
Frightened Rabbit - Liver! Lung! FR!
Sigur Ros - Inni / Heima
The Get Up kids - Live @ Grenada Theatre
Jimmy Eat World - Clarity Live
Muse - H.A.A.R.P
Refused - Live at Umea

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News