AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

ABSOLUTExclusive: Pinsky Announces Breakup; Album Stream

Posted by - 07:43 AM on 03/23/12
Today we're sad to announce that our friends in Pinsky have decided to break up. Whether you were a fan of their 2011 full-length, Losing Touch, or have never heard of the band, you can head to their AP.net Profile to stream that album in its entirety today. The group will be heading to Brian McTernan's Salad Days studio in Baltimore to record one last batch of songs, which will see a digital release in June. The full statement from the band can be read below.
Band StatementOver the last five years, we the boys of Pinsky have grown to be a family, experiencing some incredible highs (and lows) together during our personal and professional lives. It's with much sadness that we announce we will be disbanding and going our separate ways. We remain great friends with fond memories of our time shared on stage and in the studio. In an effort to end things properly, we'll be finishing the string of shows in ME, MA, and NH with a possible last Portland date added to be our final hurrah. Then we'll be heading to Salad Days Studio in Baltimore at the end of May to record a few last songs with producer Brian McTernan - something we had been planning/looking forward to since before the split. We'll be releasing those tracks digitally sometime this summer and giving the band a proper send-off. Thank you to everyone who has supported Pinsky over the years and liked us enough to give a second listen. If you haven't had a chance to see us live yet, we hope you can make one of our last dates and help to end this party right.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
08:02 AM on 03/23/12
SmallFrailBoy
User Info.
Thanks Thomas. Really bummed about the breakup. These guys are just amazing people. I really hope kids take some time and listen to the album today! It's one of my favorites. Looking forward to the new material w/ Brian. We've heard demos and they're fantastic.
08:03 AM on 03/23/12
spleen
We dance like fucking animals
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This sucks, I'll definitely be at the last show.
08:36 AM on 03/23/12
mattisrawrock
Thinker
User Info.
Never heard of these guys until now, sucks about the break up but I'm loving that album on their profile.

Shame too, I bet these guys would be great live.
10:55 AM on 03/23/12
GiantSRH
Boss Hog
User Info.
Duuudes this album fucking rules, wish i knew about these guys sooner.
11:14 AM on 03/23/12
cwhit412
User Info.
Noooooooooooo why? :(
12:23 PM on 03/23/12
concealed
User Info.
Total boner, saw these guys with Good Old War in Portland a few months ago and their live show was phenomenal...Best of luck to them in the future
03:27 PM on 03/23/12
Uncalled Four
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
your supposesd to have the typical breakup icon..i guess i won't care
03:55 PM on 03/23/12
skrillzzz1109
User Info.
Man I was really digging them before Losing Touch. But then I just could not for the life of me grow to like that album. I really tried hard, but just couldn't do it. Maybe if I could have seen them live I could have been swayed.
07:27 PM on 03/23/12
Silent7
Writing the words of a sermon...
User Info.
This sucks! Honestly, never heard of them before Losing Touch but that was really one of my favorite albums of last year. Was looking forward to what they had in store for future releases but maybe some of the members will go on to do other stuff that'll be great.
08:34 PM on 04/02/12
Dastly
The Squirreliest
User Info.
Loved the Losing Touch, they will be missed!
09:16 PM on 04/04/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Late on this. Very depressing; love Losing Touch

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News