Username
Password
The Used News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 81.
11:37 PM on 03/23/12
invincibleXL
sick hearts
User Info.
saying things like "i'd like to see you do better" has been old since before the saying "getting old" was even invented.

like what you like, hate what you hate. there's absolutely nothing wrong with openly hating this or any band that rubs you the wrong way. no one has to prove anything in order to say that something sucks.

say, you like Subway sandwiches, and I say they're fucking disgusting. would you want me to make you a better sandwich than Subway can just to prove my point or would you take my word for it that I just don't like how they taste?

not to mention, they only consistently delivered for you, because they are what you are into. as an unbiased outsider, I can say they have definitely missed the mark on a couple records. especially seeing how they talk shit about each of their last records when the new ones coming out.

dude trust me i understand exactly what you're saying but the type of hate this band gets here most of the time is just unnecessary. it's almost as if people go out of their way to not give their music a fair chance anymore. i'm actually surprised at the generally positive reaction most people have had on Vulnerable, but it's just hard for me to grasp all the hatred for the 2 albums before it. it's one thing to not personally like something, but it's another thing to completely overlook the talent
11:48 PM on 03/23/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
dude trust me i understand exactly what you're saying but the type of hate this band gets here most of the time is just unnecessary. it's almost as if people go out of their way to not give their music a fair chance anymore. i'm actually surprised at the generally positive reaction most people have had on Vulnerable, but it's just hard for me to grasp all the hatred for the 2 albums before it. it's one thing to not personally like something, but it's another thing to completely overlook the talent
it's all opinion. personally, i believe all the talent in this band is now playing for Rancid.
09:07 AM on 03/24/12
Tom41
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I just like how "getting over you" sounds like Kelly Clarkson's "already gone."
Shut the fuck up you stupid cunt.
09:08 AM on 03/24/12
Tom41
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
it's all opinion. personally, i believe all the talent in this band is now playing for Rancid.
Oh yeah cos drummers always write the songs. Retard.
10:18 AM on 03/24/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
They could not possibly write anything worse than Artwork.
I really enjoyed Artwork. It took me about a year to get into it but its porbably the album of theirs I listen to most now
10:33 AM on 03/24/12
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
Shut the fuck up you stupid cunt.
lol
11:47 AM on 03/24/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
new album isn't bad...typical used.....but they will never write blue and yellow again
Still think that's one of the weaker songs on the self-titled, no idea why people love that one so much. Same for The Taste of Ink.
12:09 PM on 03/24/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Oh yeah cos drummers always write the songs. Retard.
what the fuck are you talking about? so then there's no such thing as a good drummer? or even a drumming style? do you even know what you're talking about? and you have the balls to try and call me a retard? that is seriously the weirdest, dumbest response i've gotten in a very long time. are you wasted or something? bi-polar? manic depressive? something isn't right there.

but here's the facts, if this makes me a retard, then I guess I better have someone drive me to Sports Authority cuz I don't even have a helmet and I'm far too happy to drive there myself.

their singer sucks, their guitar player is mediocre, their bass player is atrocious, and their old drummer had a really crazy style that made things semi interesting.

you however, are a fucking lunatic, who has no idea how to even express himself, so you have to go by the old standard of calling people things like "retard" or "cunt". like really dude, not to fight an insult with an insult (it's just unavoidable truth), you sir, are a fucking loser with a shit show vocabulary that most likely has no real friends.

read a book, it helps to be literate when trying to act like you're smarter. you may even be able to come up with some of your own insults that will actually make sense in given situations such as this, instead of going with "retard" like a totally immature twat.

you don't know everything, and weather or not you even know ANYTHING is still up for debate, you're certainly not smarter than me tho. does your life suck or something? i really hope so.

get raped by a horse, after it bites into you and drags your screaming and bloody carcass through a cactus field, you unoriginal fuck.
12:40 PM on 03/24/12
Dukes777
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

their singer sucks, their guitar player is mediocre, their bass player is atrocious, and their old drummer had a really crazy style that made things semi interesting.

Really? Bert has had one of the most distinct and interesting voices i've heard. The used is the only screamo band I've ever been able to listen to and enjoy because of his voice. Quin is far from mediocre, and Jeph is a pretty bad ass bassist. I just don't see how you can call this band out on their talent when you list Saves the Day as one of your favorite bands, because saves the day is the definition of uninteresting mediocrity.
03:42 PM on 03/24/12
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
album isn't that bad, good rock/pop. ill always miss the "i caught fire" sound, but this is an album I've been looking for
03:44 PM on 03/24/12
dawgkta6669
let's get weird
User Info.
least fave song on the album
03:54 PM on 03/24/12
Merkin
A Fine Evening For a Rogue
User Info.
nahhp
09:49 PM on 03/24/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Really? Bert has had one of the most distinct and interesting voices i've heard. The used is the only screamo band I've ever been able to listen to and enjoy because of his voice. Quin is far from mediocre, and Jeph is a pretty bad ass bassist. I just don't see how you can call this band out on their talent when you list Saves the Day as one of your favorite bands, because saves the day is the definition of uninteresting mediocrity.
yeah, i stand by my statement (it's my opinion and you're a total stranger) and will certainly not address what you think of who my favorite bands were when I was a senior in high school.

the singers voice goes on a day-to-day basis aka he's not very good. his lyrics, as pointed out, several times throughout every review of anything they've ever released are atrocious. not to mention the guy is burnt out of his head, and would absolutely be a homeless guy that people are afraid of, had he not lucked out at that Goldfinger show.

plus, you just couldn't pick a worse example

1) they've had like 10 different members over the course of their career all with varying levels of efficiency and creativity.

2) if you like the used, then chances are you like glassjaw, who practically were saves the day for 2 years.

3) if you're really going to say The Used are more interesting, innovative, and creative songwriters than Chris Conley, then I don't really care what else you think. even if I do think Daybreak sucks.

honestly, if you dig the used, then it's whatever, I'll never give a fuck. i'm just saying, don't try to convince me that they're not a shit band. I have reasons for my opinion.
11:20 AM on 03/25/12
HarryPotter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
when a once huge band comes on here to chat, that's when you know they are on their way out
11:30 AM on 03/25/12
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
How is it not related?

You're kidding, right?

How is posting news about the band related to his opinion?

Hint: It's not.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums