Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 70 of 70.
01:14 PM on 03/23/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
So from the clips of CTE I heard it wasnt anything new or amazing, but I could see listening to it sometimes.
01:15 PM on 03/23/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Haha, I made it to...1:51. They're bad and the singer should especially feel bad.

But seriously, it's these guys:

Is it sad that I actually kinda enjoyed that song?
/seriously
02:58 PM on 03/23/12
cubs223425
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Is it sad that I actually kinda enjoyed that song?
/seriously

Ehh, not really. I thought it was catchily entertaining. It was better than a lot of what is around in the world today, so maybe that's why you liked it. That's probably why I did.
03:25 PM on 03/23/12
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
also really wish it was Recover being signed today

THISSSSSSSSSS, i want to hear the new album they promised last year !
06:41 PM on 03/23/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Ehh, not really. I thought it was catchily entertaining. It was better than a lot of what is around in the world today, so maybe that's why you liked it. That's probably why I did.

I enjoy some of the Rise/Crab/Scene/Synth core bands like A!A! or ISS from time to time, so it sounded like one of those with joke lyrics.
09:34 PM on 03/23/12
cubs223425
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I enjoy some of the Rise/Crab/Scene/Synth core bands like A!A! or ISS from time to time, so it sounded like one of those with joke lyrics.

I have no idea who ISS is. Is it I See Stars? Even if I'm right, people really need to stop giving everything an acronym. It's getting confusing!

I'm in the boat with you, where I like things many typically don't (like We Came As Romans).
10:43 PM on 03/23/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
I have no idea who ISS is. Is it I See Stars? Even if I'm right, people really need to stop giving everything an acronym. It's getting confusing!

I'm in the boat with you, where I like things many typically don't (like We Came As Romans).

Yeah it is...haha I do that all the time with band initials.
I wouldn't say I'm a scene kid or I'm even a fan of scenecore--pop punk/rock is my genre of choice--but from time to time I have an extreme craving for it.
I haven't listened to much We Came As Romans...they're a bit heavier than some of the other bands, right?
10:59 PM on 03/23/12
cubs223425
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah it is...haha I do that all the time with band initials.
I wouldn't say I'm a scene kid or I'm even a fan of scenecore--pop punk/rock is my genre of choice--but from time to time I have an extreme craving for it.
I haven't listened to much We Came As Romans...they're a bit heavier than some of the other bands, right?

Not really. They don't have a growler, more of a heavier yell-scream, and the vocals are REALLY autotuned/pitch-corrected. The latter is the real reason people seem to dislike them, I think. Here's a song:

11:40 PM on 03/23/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Not really. They don't have a growler, more of a heavier yell-scream, and the vocals are REALLY autotuned/pitch-corrected. The latter is the real reason people seem to dislike them, I think. Here's a song:

That wasnt at all what I thought...in a good way. That is a really good song--kinda reminded me of Before Their Eyes a bit.
12:03 AM on 03/24/12
cubs223425
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That wasnt at all what I thought...in a good way. That is a really good song--kinda reminded me of Before Their Eyes a bit.

Yeah, a little, what with the robo-cleans, if you will. I think their screaming is better, though. I guess I forgot to mention that people also tend to dislike the fact that the lyrics in their songs are rather redundant from one song to the next. "Growing," is a very common term used in their music, and there's something of a similar theme to each one.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests