AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

The New Amsterdams News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The New Amsterdams Launch Full-Album Stream

Posted by - 08:13 AM on 09/24/07
The New Amsterdams have launched a full-album stream in support of their new offering, At the Foot of My Rival, on their myspace profile. The album is scheduled for release tomorrow, September 25th, courtesy of Elmar Records.

Submitted by JimmyBond8

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
08:22 AM on 09/24/07
AmandaLynn
love your face. ohhhh face.
User Info.
so excited for this album.
08:44 AM on 09/24/07
red_eye_inc
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
what the fuck is Elmar Records
08:47 AM on 09/24/07
Nick Rogers
User Info.
what the fuck is Elmar Records

my thoughts exactly
08:50 AM on 09/24/07
Just An End
Can your walls hold a gorilla?
User Info.
3 albums in less than 2 years.. wow
09:00 AM on 09/24/07
dafries1
User Info.
when did they leave vagrant?
09:09 AM on 09/24/07
jcsoup2
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Elmar is Matt Pryor's own label. Killed or Cured is the only other release on it to my knowledge. It's in conjunction with Curb Appeal Records.
09:12 AM on 09/24/07
timmysavedlatin
don't front, boo
User Info.
Elmar is Matt Pryor's own label. Killed or Cured is the only other release on it to my knowledge. It's in conjunction with Curb Appeal Records.

a very informational 1st post. good call.

p.s. holy balls. this is my 500th post. not much compared to like 90% of the people here, but i still feel cool.
09:15 AM on 09/24/07
huckleberry
Play Ultimate!
User Info.
not a big fan of most acoustic music, but i like this band a lot
09:15 AM on 09/24/07
TheArdentLove
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow, I wasn't ever aware that they were releasing a new album.
09:40 AM on 09/24/07
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
sounds great, wasnt too much of a fan of story like a scar but worse for the wear is one of my fav tguk related releases
09:45 AM on 09/24/07
coldplayer
User Info.
sounds great, wasnt too much of a fan of story like a scar but worse for the wear is one of my fav tguk related releases

At the Foot of My Rival is my favorite album of the year so far. I did not like Story like a scar at all and loved worse for the wear. To me this album can be best compared to worse for the wear. This is definetly one of if not the best of Matt Prior's works (get up kids, new ams, terrible twos).

Everyone should give this a listen and if you only listen to one track listen to without a sound or Story like a Scar (the song).
10:41 AM on 09/24/07
SaturnineMantra
User Info.
Some info from their myspace blog...

Quote:
Friday, August 31, 2007

at the foot of my rival

"at the foot of my rival" - the newest new amsterdams cd comes out sept. 25th. you can download it now from the myspace page now or from itunes and the new ams store on sept. 4th. If you download it from itunes you get the three song ep "the companion of my rival" for free. you can purchase the ep from itunes as well.

this is a record of firsts.

this is the first new ams release to come out on good vinyl. 180 gram. yeah. if you order the vinyl from our webstore (that launches spet. 4th) you get a download of the entire record for free. that will save you the hassle of having to import it. In fact, if you order the cd from our webstore you get the download for free immediately as well. you can choose mp3 or the higher quality aiff.

this is the first new ams record (of all new material) to be released on their own label after a long and fruitful relationship with Vagrant Records. The label is called Elmar, named after Matt's son Elliott Marshall and is in colaboration with Curb Appeal Records. Which, for anyone keeping score is partially owned by fellow Ex-get up kid Jim Suptic.

this is the first new ams record produced and recorded by the band at home. it took over a year to write, edit and record...mostly edit. the record was recorded at Matt's house primarily, a little at the lake of the ozarks and mixed by Colin Mahoney who did the band's Killed Or Cured 2XCD earlier this year.
the band will be on the east coast up through cmj and chicago in december with the new 5-7 piece band. the rest of the u.s. and overseas (another first) in 2008.

check out the first video for "fountain of youth" it's crazy psychedelic. Vamos.

this is, at it's heart, a rock record. as Matt would say, "I used to make rock records almost exclusively, it's been a while since I've tried it on. We were due for one".
11:34 AM on 09/24/07
evan324
just put some vinegar on it dummy
User Info.
Wow, I wasn't ever aware that they were releasing a new album.

my thoughts exactly when i read this post, so stoked for this release now, one of my top bands, every song they have released has been amazing.
04:18 PM on 09/24/07
thewk
Bringing It All Back Home
User Info.
I'm digging the album much more than I thought I would.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos