AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Money News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Money
Inside AP.net

Pacific Ridge Records The Movielife Compilation...

Posted by: Jason Tate (03/25/12)
Pacific Ridge Records has started a kickstarter to fund a tribute compilation to The Movielife.
From the ArticleI want to make it crystal clear that this compilation will be released whether this Kickstarter succeeds or not. If the Kickstarter is a success it simply means that there will be an additional three or four artists added to the project, more of your favorite Movielife songs will be covered and most importantly it means that the album will be released this Fall as opposed to 2013. The entirety of the backing of this Kickstarter will go to properly compensate the artists that are contributing their talents.

Submitted by buddah knome

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 43
02:58 PM on 03/25/12
steve187
nah
User Info.
not sure how i feel about this
03:03 PM on 03/25/12
ALEXMASONRULES
User Info.
because I really want to hear That's Outrageous and Plug In Stereo cover The Movielife.
03:07 PM on 03/25/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"running an indie label with way too much of a desire to release new music and*with an inability to fund all the talent that deserves to be heard."

Nothing against the comp or anyone involved, but if a label is unable to fund it's releases and bands, then why try and release so many?
03:19 PM on 03/25/12
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
This is relevant to my interests.
03:20 PM on 03/25/12
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
not sure how i feel about this

Same here and for two reasons.

First don't really want to hear a tribute album to The Movielife as they would be a hard band to capture I think.

Second as we've discussed in other threads about kickstarters. If the label can't afford to pay then maybe they shouldn't do it since its the whole point of the label? Then again I suppose The Movielife have called it a day and aren't active.
03:25 PM on 03/25/12
hiya
User Info.
but there was already a tribute comp to The Movielife, bought it from Such Gold like 2 years ago and it had decent bands on it.

The last thing I want to see is shit like That's Outrageous! ruining a Movielife song. Also I'm usually all for kickstarter when its for original music, but for a covers comp. being put out buy a label, that seems whack.
03:31 PM on 03/25/12
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
A kickstarter to fund a tribute album.
03:51 PM on 03/25/12
Prae Omnia
User Info.
Young London all up in this compilation album awwww shizzz guna make da movielife prowwwweddd
03:53 PM on 03/25/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Same here and for two reasons.

First don't really want to hear a tribute album to The Movielife as they would be a hard band to capture I think.

Second as we've discussed in other threads about kickstarters. If the label can't afford to pay then maybe they shouldn't do it since its the whole point of the label? Then again I suppose The Movielife have called it a day and aren't active.

What do they being inactive have to do with it? Haha

Yeah, that should be the point of a label... Especially for a comp, if they don't have the money to even release a comp, how do they have anything to support artists?! Hell, why are they focusing on this and not their original artists...?
03:54 PM on 03/25/12
imarealboy21
User Info.
who ever was doing that cover in the video made me want to cry.
03:56 PM on 03/25/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
judging by that video on the page, i want nothing to do with this awful misfire of a tribute. metal breakdowns? the fuck? abomination.
04:01 PM on 03/25/12
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
04:09 PM on 03/25/12
phillycheese37
I'll be back around
User Info.
who ever was doing that cover in the video made me want to cry.
I agree. If you're going to make a tribute to The Movielife, at least make the songs sound like something The Movielife would approve of. Pretty sure if Vinnie heard that clip he would cry.
04:10 PM on 03/25/12
Davey_Owens
User Info.
Why did they wait until the end to mention the most notable bands on the album? Bad form.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests