Username
Password
Taking Back Sunday News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Taking Back Sunday
Inside AP.net

Happy Birthday, TAYF!

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (03/26/12)
Just waking up? Well for your information, Taking Back Sunday's Tell All Your Friends was released 10 years ago today on Victory Records. If you want, hit the replies and talk a bit about what the album means to you or how you grew up with it. I know for a lot of readers here, it's still a go-to album quite a bit of the time.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 119
08:09 AM on 03/26/12
Reyesj980
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
As someone growing up on long island when TAYF was released, it pretty much sum'd up everything that a teenage like myself wanted to say but couldn't during that time. The album is timeless, and one of the most powerful album of this scene to ever be release and it still an album that I still listen to as a 22 year old from front to back even today.. It is crazy how fast 10 years goes back. Happy Birthday TAYF and TBS keep going strong
08:10 AM on 03/26/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Still an all-time favorite of mine. It's crazy that it's already that old. I've been listening to it since I was in middle school and still find myself singing along.
imnotsadanymore
I can't say I blame you
User Info.
When I was 13, my friend's older brother burned me a copy of this album. It was the first time I listened to music that my parents didn't listen to. It completely changed my perspective on music and still influences it to this day. Best album I've ever heard.
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I hope they do a ten year tour for this. It'd make sense to do it in the fall following Warped and before they record a new album.

This record opened me up to the "other side" of pop-punk/this scene, I guess. In my top 5 of all time
08:13 AM on 03/26/12
PHI Flyers10
Registered Member
User Info.
I grew up with Where You Want to Be, not this album. I didn't start listening to this one until 2009 but couldn't stop listening to it once I did. It just hooked me in and the raw energy of a lot of the songs keeps you wanting more and blasting them in the car. My actual favorite song by TBS is The Ballad of Sal Villanueva, which wasn't on the original release but that song pretty much sums up the entire album. My favorite album from TBS is Where You Want to Be however.
08:14 AM on 03/26/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
This album is shit!!! Kidding.

I have so many great memories blasting this record with the window down with my friends, long car rides to and from an ex's house, seeing them live numerous times around the release of the album and covering a few of the songs with a band I played with back in the day. Don't listen to it much these days, but I'm gonna break it out today. Never really bothered me that they couldn't live up to this album...I'm just glad we have it.
08:14 AM on 03/26/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I hope they do a ten year tour for this. It'd make sense to do it in the fall following Warped and before they record a new album.

This record opened me up to the "other side" of pop-punk/this scene, I guess. In my top 5 of all time
that would be amazing since they have the old lineup. I would kill to see that.
08:15 AM on 03/26/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just got this on vinyl for $10 at Hot Topic.
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Timberwolves of New Jersey is my favorite TBS song. This album was perfect though.
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
One of the best records ever released in our scene, that is. An all time masterpiece still influential after 10 years of music.
08:16 AM on 03/26/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I grew up with Where You Want to Be, not this album. I didn't start listening to this one until 2009 but couldn't stop listening to it once I did. It just hooked me in and the raw energy of a lot of the songs keeps you wanting more and blasting them in the car. My actual favorite song by TBS is The Ballad of Sal Villanueva, which wasn't on the original release but that song pretty much sums up the entire album. My favorite album from TBS is Where You Want to Be however.

A favorite song of mine as well.
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
Also happy birthday to Steven Tyler, Chris Hansen (the predator one, not the label guy), and...me.
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
Happy tenth birthday to one of the most iconic releases of the 2000's, and a record that means so much to me personally. I still jam to Tell All Your Friends as much as I did the month I bought it, back when I was 16. It's helped me get through some rough times, and I'm glad the band is still making music today.
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Never heard of it.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives