AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Victory Records News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 29 of 29.
10:46 AM on 03/26/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
This is going to seem like complete trolling, but this band is honestly great. When I first heard them I thought it was trash but after seeing the video for C'est pas si loin I was hooked. I got the CD and was pleasantly surprised. It's much more of a Blood Brothers meets pop with less screaming than what one would expect. The "Bear" has an excellent voice.

I really hope that people check out there last CD, it's easy to write off but it's very fresh and ungeneric.
Does seem like trolling.
10:48 AM on 03/26/12
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
This is going to seem like complete trolling, but this band is honestly great. When I first heard them I thought it was trash but after seeing the video for C'est pas si loin I was hooked. I got the CD and was pleasantly surprised. It's much more of a Blood Brothers meets pop with less screaming than what one would expect. The "Bear" has an excellent voice.

I really hope that people check out there last CD, it's easy to write off but it's very fresh and ungeneric.
well i hated the video they released a year ago but i'm curious to hear this " Blood Brothers meets pop with less screaming" mix. also it always seems like you're the only one who likes this kind of bands haha

i feel bad for you so at least i'll give it a listen later
11:09 AM on 03/26/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
well i hated the video they released a year ago but i'm curious to hear this " Blood Brothers meets pop with less screaming" mix. also it always seems like you're the only one who likes this kind of bands haha

i feel bad for you so at least i'll give it a listen later

Haha, yeah no one likes this genre here it seems. If this were a heavy band I would totally understand the hate. The thing with this band is that they're more of a popish experimental band with light screams that don't take the center stage. I don't think there are any breakdowns to speak of. The songs "C'est pas si loin", "Ocean Floor", "Alley" are all good IMO. I recommend at least giving it a casual listen. It's far from a technical masterpiece but they have a definite charm that works. At least, you should see that people are overstating their badness.
12:21 PM on 03/26/12
t.web4
Gone
User Info.
That is some of the worst album art I have ever seen.
12:22 PM on 03/26/12
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
Haha, yeah no one likes this genre here it seems. If this were a heavy band I would totally understand the hate. The thing with this band is that they're more of a popish experimental band with light screams that don't take the center stage. I don't think there are any breakdowns to speak of. The songs "C'est pas si loin", "Ocean Floor", "Alley" are all good IMO. I recommend at least giving it a casual listen. It's far from a technical masterpiece but they have a definite charm that works. At least, you should see that people are overstating their badness.

It's just that even if you think this experimental pop/ metalcore/ whatevercore sound is done well by these guys, it's just a terrible sound to begin with. In my opinion anyway.

Throwing in my two cents, this is hard to stomach, no pun intended.
12:35 PM on 03/26/12
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
Who gave this band funds to make sweatpants, let alone release music?
01:22 PM on 03/26/12
brent_ster
My Dinosaur Life
User Info.
Who gave this band funds to make sweatpants, let alone release music?
Tony Brummel did in exchange for there souls and that they sign a 8 record contract that they have no way of ever getting out of.
01:47 PM on 03/26/12
_veges_
User Info.

To be honest with you I don't even care what the music sounds like. I don't think I could ever support a band that feels like they need to wear masks to make music
02:12 PM on 03/26/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
so meh
02:24 PM on 03/26/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
To be honest with you I don't even care what the music sounds like. I don't think I could ever support a band that feels like they need to wear masks to make music

Normally I'd agree but I think they chose a simple idea and it works.
02:53 PM on 03/26/12
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
Tony Brummel did in exchange for there souls and that they sign a 8 record contract that they have no way of ever getting out of.

This was a rhetorical question... I know the devil.
03:28 PM on 03/26/12
dawgkta6669
let's get weird
User Info.
they're gonna tour with blood on the dance floor soon
10:05 PM on 03/26/12
agl
User Info.
These guys embrace the hate. I've heard of them for a bit now, and I'm happy that they got big. The Bunny is such a talented dude, he's had whole idea for this band, the image, and the music and just made it happen for him and his bandmates. I'm not big on the sound, but there are a couple of tracks by them that I love like C'est pas si loin and Path. I'm glad he's got it in him to write another album so quickly, I'll definitely check it out.
10:29 PM on 03/26/12
Cescas
Cescas
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think the contrast between the bunny and the bear's vocals is what makes them awesome. When I first heard them I hated it to, but then I fell in love with the bears voice. it's so unique and I think that makes them better than a lot of other bands. As far as the mask thing, lots of good bands wear masks. Fuck, my favorite band is slipknot, they rock out in masks. Hollywood undead is pretty good too. It's called creativity. not every band is for every listener thats what it comes down to really
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests