AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

We Are The In Crowd Release Video With Alex Gaskarth

Posted by - 05:22 AM on 03/27/12
Watch We Are the In Crowd's music video for "Kiss Me Again" featuring Alex Gaskarth of All Time Low here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 23
06:09 AM on 03/27/12
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Atrocius. Which is sad because both ATL and WATIC had the potential to make decent music.
06:48 AM on 03/27/12
Losthope182
----
User Info.
Love Jordan's outfit, haha.
07:45 AM on 03/27/12
agl
User Info.
I like Jordan on vocals better than Alex. That being said, this is such a fun, cheesy, catchy number that I really can't hate on it either way.
07:51 AM on 03/27/12
enter return
User Info.
Opening the song with your guest vocalist? Seems kinda like a desperation move to hook listeners. Almost like its Alex Gaskarth featuring We Are The In Crowd.

I dont hate the song.
08:06 AM on 03/27/12
reid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Opening the song with your guest vocalist? Seems kinda like a desperation move to hook listeners. Almost like its Alex Gaskarth featuring We Are The In Crowd.

I dont hate the song.
You do realize that the album cut of this song has no guest vocalist, right? It's just a fun thing they did with Alex. The real song starts with the male vocals, and since the male vocalist on this cut happens to be the guest vocalist, he starts first.
09:08 AM on 03/27/12
IamTheMovielife
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You do realize that the album cut of this song has no guest vocalist, right? It's just a fun thing they did with Alex. The real song starts with the male vocals, and since the male vocalist on this cut happens to be the guest vocalist, he starts first.
I mean itis definitely a business move more so than a fun thing they did. Which is fine and also a smart move. That doesnt mean they arent friends or they didnt enjoy the collab, but it is definitely more than just some fun thing they did.
10:04 AM on 03/27/12
enter return
User Info.
I was not aware of that. Im clearly not a big fan of the band.

But regardless, the version that is getting pushed to MTV is the one with Alex which could cause some confusion for those who didn't know its an alternate. It may have been something fun they did, but it definitely has an ulterior motive. Otherwise they would have just had Jordan sing. But that wouldn't garner the same buzz as having Alex.
10:36 AM on 03/27/12
Kdenisarealboy
As Much of The Sky As Possible
User Info.
I was not aware of that. Im clearly not a big fan of the band.

But regardless, the version that is getting pushed to MTV is the one with Alex which could cause some confusion for those who didn't know its an alternate. It may have been something fun they did, but it definitely has an ulterior motive. Otherwise they would have just had Jordan sing. But that wouldn't garner the same buzz as having Alex.
Yes, everyone song should have their guest vocalist at the end, exactly like your song "All I Need", because that is the only way to write a successful song without seeming to attract new fans. Which in my opinion, I don't see a problem with. The band just wants to broaden it's fan base. It's smart.
10:46 AM on 03/27/12
MikeTheInCrowd
We Are The In Crowd / Mike
User Info.

Bingo. Alex sang it a bunch of times in the UK for the hell of it and we thought it would be fun (which it was, that video shoot was a blast). Not everything is some desperate attempt at sound scanning 8 trillion records. I don't give a fuck if 4 people buy the single, I think the video is fun and hopefully our fans do too.
11:32 AM on 03/27/12
enter return
User Info.
Yes, everyone song should have their guest vocalist at the end, exactly like your song "All I Need", because that is the only way to write a successful song without seeming to attract new fans. Which in my opinion, I don't see a problem with. The band just wants to broaden it's fan base. It's smart.
There is nothing wrong with guest vocalists. I enjoy the occasional guest spot. Just comes across a little differently when the guest sings half the song as opposed to a small snippet like most guest spots. I never compared it to my song or said thats how its NEEDS to be done. Just spoke my mind about how it was perceived through the eyes and ears of someone that isn't a follower of the band.
11:36 AM on 03/27/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.

I dont hate the song.

Agree with all of the except that last part at the very bottom.
Anyone who says differently is a liar.
01:09 PM on 03/27/12
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
There are literally eight people who have a songwriting credit on this song. EIGHT PEOPLE? C'mon now.
01:21 PM on 03/27/12
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
I have no opinion on the song or the video, but I will say that I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being WATIC's 'Decode'
02:10 PM on 03/27/12
tommyhaych
Mayor West
User Info.
Couldn't view the video because I'm in the UK, but if it's anything like the song then I don't want to bother.

First time I've heard of this band, but EIGHT people to write this dross? Was it a class assignment for a bunch of teenage girls?

Maybe I'm just getting old, but that was a mindnumbigly awful song. At least pop punk 12 years ago had a bit of meaning.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos