Username
Password
Video News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video
Inside AP.net

Springsteen "41 Shots" Live Video

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (03/27/12)
This past Friday in Tampa, Fla., Bruce Springsteen performed "41 Shots" for the first time on his young tour, and the almost-9-minute performance can be seen in the replies. There has been a general consensus that the song, which isn't played very often in live settings, was performed with the ongoing case of Trayvon Martin's shooting and killing in mind. "41 Shots" tells the story of the greatly publicized, horrid death of New York City resident Amadou Diallo, who in 1999 was shot 19 times by four different police officers as he reached into his pocket. Forty-one shots were fired in total and Diallo was unarmed at the time.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
08:34 PM on 03/27/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
11:00 AM on 03/28/12
formated4tv
tobesplays.com
User Info.
I will honestly admit other than a handful of the radio songs, I never listened to Bruce Springsteen (I'm 29 years old).

After this, especially if it's for the Trayvon stuff, I will now financially support his musical career by buying whatever records I can find of his.
02:43 PM on 03/28/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Although Trayvons death is undoubtedly sad, the whole thing has become a racial circus. People are drawing conclusions without hard facts and condemning Zimmerman before he's even step foot in the courtroom. Everyone - the media, musicians, actors, activists, people of all color - need to take a step back and not be so quick to jump before all the facts are put before them.

Including The Boss if this is, in fact, a "tribute" to Trayvon.
02:58 PM on 03/28/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Although Trayvons death is undoubtedly sad, the whole thing has become a racial circus. People are drawing conclusions without hard facts and condemning Zimmerman before he's even step foot in the courtroom. Everyone - the media, musicians, actors, activists, people of all color - need to take a step back and not be so quick to jump before all the facts are put before them.

Including The Boss if this is, in fact, a "tribute" to Trayvon.
Playing the song without talking about it isn't jumping to conclusions by any means, in my opinion.
03:05 PM on 03/28/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Playing the song without talking about it isn't jumping to conclusions by any means, in my opinion.

Well that's what was kind of eluded to. I think it's safe to say, as you said, that it can be inferred that he had the whole situation in mind when deciding to play the song. It is what it is. I was more voicing my opinion about the Trayvon case as a whole than the Boss's decision to play this song.

It's all getting out of control. You hear about Spike Lee?
03:25 PM on 03/28/12
onetwentyseven
Settler / Jimmy
User Info.
Saw this show Monday night at the Garden in Boston. I have never been so star-struck and in awe during a live performance before. Somewhere around 2hrs and 50mins I think was the entire show and it was non stop and absolutely incredible.

Excited to see him again in August.
04:57 PM on 03/28/12
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
I used to listen to a recording of this song a lot.
Such a beautiful song, never loses power.
05:53 PM on 03/28/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Saw this show Monday night at the Garden in Boston. I have never been so star-struck and in awe during a live performance before. Somewhere around 2hrs and 50mins I think was the entire show and it was non stop and absolutely incredible.

Excited to see him again in August.
Fuck yeah. I got to see him in Atlanta and Jax - my eighth and ninth times doing so - and he NEVER fails to impress.
05:53 PM on 03/28/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
I used to listen to a recording of this song a lot.
Such a beautiful song, never loses power.
A live version was released on the Essential Bruce Springsteen disc, great version.
06:50 PM on 03/28/12
onetwentyseven
Settler / Jimmy
User Info.
Fuck yeah. I got to see him in Atlanta and Jax - my eighth and ninth times doing so - and he NEVER fails to impress.
I'm looking forward to catching it twice in a year. They were absolutely flawless, it was such a fantastic show. This song was one of those chill inducing moments too, because it was pretty clear what it was pertaining to.

Wrecking Ball has become such a hard record to put down haha
07:57 PM on 03/28/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
I'm looking forward to catching it twice in a year. They were absolutely flawless, it was such a fantastic show. This song was one of those chill inducing moments too, because it was pretty clear what it was pertaining to.

Wrecking Ball has become such a hard record to put down haha
Truth. Hoping there are more US dates in October-ish.
08:08 PM on 03/28/12
Stormsubsides
User Info.
This and Thunder Road are my favorite Springsteen songs, and this is a fantastic performance. Mother of God I need to see the boss again.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests