Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

Sonisphere Festival Cancelled

Posted by: Andy Biddulph (03/29/12)
The UK's Sonisphere Festival has been cancelled. The festival was due to be Refused's only UK appearance this year.
Statement from the OrganisersIt is with very heavy hearts and much regret that we announce the cancellation of Sonisphere Knebworth 2012.

Putting the festival together in what is proving to be a very challenging year was more difficult than we anticipated and we have spent the last few months fighting hard to keep Sonisphere in the calendar. Unfortunately circumstances have dictated that we would be unable to run the festival to a standard that both the artists and that Sonisphere’s audience would rightly expect.

We want to express our deepest regrets to the artists and to thank all the staff, suppliers and contractors who worked so hard with us to try and pull off what has proven to be an impossible task and we know how much they share in our disappointment. We also want to send a huge thanks to the Sonisphere fans who stuck by us and we are so sorry that we can’t fulfil what we set out to do.

Ticket holders will automatically receive a full refund direct from their ticket agents.

Team Sonisphere.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22.
01:30 AM on 03/29/12
Andy Biddulph
Staff Writer @asbiddulph
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Crap news. Cue a massive rush to get the Refused / Glassjaw / Hundred Reasons combo to another festival.
02:04 AM on 03/29/12
DanTGD
Dynamite Hero
User Info.
Am I the only one that hates UK Festivals? The ticket prices are crazy for a line up with only 3 or 4 bands that are "festival exclusive" or hard to catch live.
02:20 AM on 03/29/12
Maxwell
awefaeeeeeeef
User Info.
Really wanted to go to the Sunday date just for Refused.

Pretty good for Download though, hopefully they add Refused, Glassjaw and Hundred Reasons onto their bill.
02:57 AM on 03/29/12
Metal Now
Talking about the second and third
User Info.
Hoping that this is good news for the (so far terrible) Reading line-up.
03:06 AM on 03/29/12
E=MCHAMMER
bottled
User Info.
Am I the only one that hates UK Festivals? The ticket prices are crazy for a line up with only 3 or 4 bands that are "festival exclusive" or hard to catch live.
I wouldn't say they were crazy. average price is probably £150-£200 for the weekend, but if you were to go and see one of the headline bands at their own show the tickets are usually £50+, so 3 bands would be £150. That plus a whole weekend worth of other bands makes it seem reasonable to me.
04:18 AM on 03/29/12
Chrisj182
User Info.
I just think it's that Queen fans aren't festival goers for the large part.

Also I only wanted to see the Darkness and Andrew WK, which isn't worth the festival price.
04:23 AM on 03/29/12
Likelinus
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
thats crazy, many of those bands would sell out big arenas by themsleves. So i can´t believe they couldnt sell enough with tickets to pull of the festival.
05:39 AM on 03/29/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
thats crazy, many of those bands would sell out big arenas by themsleves. So i can´t believe they couldnt sell enough with tickets to pull of the festival.
I'm sure the guarantees for all the artists were over their budget for the festival itself and they realized they couldn't pull it off.
05:45 AM on 03/29/12
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
I'm not surprised. The line up for this was truly awful. Download is pretty bad too. Both were totally outclassed by Reading And Leeds this year.
05:55 AM on 03/29/12
sambulance
I Invented Times New Roman
User Info.
The biggest reason this sucks: Glassjaw were supposed to be playing Worship and Tribute in full.
07:46 AM on 03/29/12
sowrongitsjack
Framework
User Info.
Refused are playing Reading anyway
08:31 AM on 03/29/12
youngmountain
http://littlewaves.bandcamp.com/
User Info.
I think it's more likely to be a logistical issue stemming from the fact the olympics are taking place at the same time.
08:40 AM on 03/29/12
Poochemist
Not that easy to confuse
User Info.
The biggest reason this sucks: Glassjaw were supposed to be playing Worship and Tribute in full.
Guess they'll have to do a US tour with it instead...
08:49 AM on 03/29/12
Andy Biddulph
Staff Writer @asbiddulph
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Refused are playing Reading anyway
Huh?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates