wroteurname
Registered Loser
User Info.
hmm, bringing out the cookie cutters already? its only september, geesh
10:10 PM on 09/27/07
losethegirl
Super Hero In My World
User Info.
I would have gone a little lower, but it is a fair review. "Holly (Would You Turn Me On?)" is actually what I cited as my least favorite in my review.

Alex's vocals though.... top notch. I saw them on the acoustic tour and I thought they sounded even better there than on the CD.
07:19 AM on 09/28/07
Mercy Medical
Semi-retired
User Info.
I absolutely love this.
The lyrics are intoxicating.
Honestly "Boys raise those glasses [Go!], girls shake those [GoGoGo!]"
Does it get much better?
This is my new "jumparoundandsinginyourbedroomwhen noone'shome" album :]
Two thumbs up, ATL.
Yes, it does get much better...
11:22 AM on 09/28/07
WFUJerseyJon
Murderer's Row '09
User Info.
oh rohan, your words are so wise. you're like a brown Buddha. this album is the tits tho.
03:32 PM on 09/28/07
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
i was initially dissapointed but then everytime i listened to it i kept falling more and more in love with it sorry but this cd is good! Shameless is amazing
06:24 PM on 09/28/07
wroteurname
Registered Loser
User Info.
i'm pretty sure i read a review of this cd like a while ago, maybe 5 years ago or so, and it was called say it like you mean, and it was by some band called the starting line, or was it tell all your friends, i dont know, maybe EVERYONE ONE OF THESE SAME FUCKING COOKIE CUTTER LAME ASS SHIT OPEN YOUR FUCKING EARS PEOPLE

shit, i know you think i'm one of those dicks that post on threads of bands they dont like just to be assholes, but honestly im trying to help you people
08:00 AM on 09/29/07
DCFC
The Dangerous Summer
User Info.
Very fair review. You were better than the douche bag that did the dangerous summer review. respect.
08:43 AM on 09/29/07
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
i'm pretty sure i read a review of this cd like a while ago, maybe 5 years ago or so, and it was called say it like you mean, and it was by some band called the starting line, or was it tell all your friends, i dont know, maybe EVERYONE ONE OF THESE SAME FUCKING COOKIE CUTTER LAME ASS SHIT OPEN YOUR FUCKING EARS PEOPLE

shit, i know you think i'm one of those dicks that post on threads of bands they dont like just to be assholes, but honestly im trying to help you people

We get it, you don't like the album. Go listen to your Brand New.
09:40 AM on 09/29/07
wroteurname
Registered Loser
User Info.
We get it, you don't like the album. Go listen to your Brand New.

who's comin with me!?!?!
02:37 PM on 09/29/07
gahbee__x
Blacked out, but not gone.
User Info.
I have yet to purchase this album, unfortunately. But ATL's one of the few pop punk bands I like these days.

And I really liked this review. And normally I hate most reviews. I definitely agree about Alex's voice and the studio trickery, blah. This part of it is my favorite though:

Quote:
This record will receive criticism for being generic, dated, and perhaps one-dimensional. There is no question that it will be looked down upon as unchallenging and adolescent. While there may be some truth in such criticisms, it is evident that this is the album All Time Low wanted to make, and it is refreshing to see a band embrace their roots, to see a band stick to their guns. It was the groupís goal to make a stellar pop punk record, and in that, they have succeeded.
05:27 PM on 09/29/07
xheartzdesirex
upliftingrainstorm
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have to agree that its a good pop-punk album.
Its All Time Low at its mediocre. I've seen the band progress, being from the same area they are, and this isn't their best work. Their voices are sweet but most of the lyrics fall flat with the exception of Remembering Sunday and Six Feet Under The Stars.
To sum it up: its a decent album but there's too much added pop flavor for it to be an honest, enthralling CD. Hopefully this won't become a trend of theirs and I'll just have to settle for this CD as they decide whether or not they want their next album to have any substance whatsoever.
08:13 AM on 10/01/07
luv2laff88
meet me in montauk
User Info.
i want it.
10:30 PM on 10/03/07
imnotscene
User Info.
i really love the record so much
i knew it is not the best record out there but yeah it is catchy and worth listening to
06:01 AM on 10/04/07
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
this album > most "pop punk" lately.
09:44 PM on 10/13/07
cherbrand11
AnthonyDarko is dumb and an asshole
User Info.
this album > most "pop punk" lately.

MCS' is better. This is a great album though.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests