AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Recording News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

States Talk Upcoming Plans

Posted by - 05:57 PM on 03/29/12
States recently sat down with PropertyofZack to discuss their slow touring start and the beginning stages of working on new material.

Submitted by zack-182

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
06:19 PM on 03/29/12
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
More like the ep please <3 <3
06:38 PM on 03/29/12
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
They all have designer pants. Fascinating. :|
09:18 PM on 03/29/12
Mr.Piano93
I hate my username.
User Info.
Room to Run was a huge disappointment for me. I really hope their new stuff is more like the EP
11:12 PM on 03/29/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
I love Room To Run. Stoked for a new album!
02:09 AM on 03/30/12
Austin Davis
god damn, this just feels right
User Info.
They all have designer pants. Fascinating. :|
I was already semi turned off by this band and Mindy's attitude. That pretty much sealed it. Seeing Lydia multiple times when she was in the band and talking with her a little bit, she's always acted way more important than she is. Go figure she quits because she can't be frontman/lead vocalist.

And this is a relatively new band but they're already too good for touring? Okay...
05:31 AM on 03/30/12
ReadyForAction
life in the greenhouse effect
User Info.
I was already semi turned off by this band and Mindy's attitude. That pretty much sealed it. Seeing Lydia multiple times when she was in the band and talking with her a little bit, she's always acted way more important than she is. Go figure she quits because she can't be frontman/lead vocalist.

And this is a relatively new band but they're already too good for touring? Okay...
I don't think it's necessarily that they're too good for it, just that they want to make sure that a tour is going to be worth the effort. Apparently each member has enough going on that the band isn't their sole source of income, and they don't need to tour as hard as other bands might have to.
06:28 AM on 03/30/12
reid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

"We’re trying to do it strategically. We’ve all done a lot of touring. We’re certainly not afraid of it. But we don’t want to tour just to tour. We want to make it make sense."

you read that as "too good for touring"?
07:18 AM on 03/30/12
t00latef0rr0ses
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
User Info.
Man do I miss Copeland. Room to Run was bad IMO. The EP was fantastic then the full length got all sped up. Just wasnt feeling it.
08:10 AM on 03/30/12
Yontsey
This Awkward Silence / Dustin
User Info.

I agree with her attitude and immaturity. That's why I can't get into this band. Also because off their last album, the few clips I listened to were horrible. She seems like the type of person who has never had a real job in her life.
08:41 AM on 03/30/12
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
I would like to clarify that I loved the EP, thought their full-length was decent, and like the members of this band.
09:35 AM on 03/30/12
mattisrawrock
Thinker
User Info.
I agree with her attitude and immaturity. That's why I can't get into this band. Also because off their last album, the few clips I listened to were horrible. She seems like the type of person who has never had a real job in her life.

I kind of chuckled to this

I haven't seen them/met her personally or anything but I could kind of get that vibe from the interview too

In my personal experience with bands in "the scene", a good majority don't have/never had a job and let mommy and daddy foot the bill. I mean c'mon, who the fuck in a mid-level band has money for designer pants? really?
12:23 PM on 03/30/12
simonbelmont
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The ep was fantastic, and room to run would have been better if when you ordered it you received poop in a cd case. That's totally my opinion though. The second opinion I have of this band is that it has the stench of an impending break-up. Their debut album was a dud and Stephen was spinning it like, yeah, we got some hate but the feedback we got was positive....makes sense. Mindy just flat out bullshitted that one by not acknowledging the fact that this cd was received rather coldly by the majority. Spot, selective touring and no release this year= either a. break-up this year or b. follow through with that terrible business model for a band and be completely forgotten by the time the next record is released. On the other hand the release could be so good that it makes up for this nonsensical mess and gets them going for real, but I see hell freezing over before that. Of course there was some people who really did like room to run, but I really feel that was a minority in this band's case.
12:32 PM on 03/30/12
xName Takenx
User Info.
General disdain for their lp like everyone else, when their ep was so fucking good...

I wonder how long they'll last...
01:06 PM on 03/30/12
Austin Davis
god damn, this just feels right
User Info.

She actually hasn't. She joined Lydia pretty young and got by with them for a while, on and off tour. Then I'm sure she was taken care of when she dated that guy from Norma Jean, then that guy from Forever the Sickest Kids (ugh!). And she's even stated in a random interview that she feels so lucky to not have to actually work. Sorry, I can't cite my source but it's out there.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos