02:32 AM on 04/02/12
steve187
nah
User Info.
dat last minute and a half
06:43 AM on 04/02/12
albertad
User Info.
So, every time I listen to these guys I always hear Thursday and some half-baked mewithoutYou going on. Then, I put this song on repeat. Do they have any other good songs like this, which songs should I start with?
10:04 AM on 04/02/12
D' Evils
User Info.
does anyone know the tuning they use for everything? is it just standard? I watched them play You and I in Unision and it doesn't seem right in standard, but I could be wrong...
yea you and i unison didn't sound right to me live either, the beginning at least.
10:06 AM on 04/02/12
KingMax01
Theres no good in your eyes anymore
User Info.
So, every time I listen to these guys I always hear Thursday and some half-baked mewithoutYou going on. Then, I put this song on repeat. Do they have any other good songs like this, which songs should I start with?
Dood, Such Small Hands of course! It's their most popular song!
But try their split with Touché Amoré. Why It Scares Me and How I Feel are pretty good.
If you're into a more heavy skram-ish sound, try their debut EP Vancouver. To Withstand the Force of Storms is a really great song.
10:10 AM on 04/02/12
KingMax01
Theres no good in your eyes anymore
User Info.
does anyone know the tuning they use for everything? is it just standard? I watched them play You and I in Unision and it doesn't seem right in standard, but I could be wrong...
I've learned how to play around a dozen of their songs and they are most often in standard or drop D tuning. They have a song in Drop C too. I haven't tried to play You And I in Unison yet, but I couldn't imagine the tuning being that obscure.
10:48 AM on 04/02/12
Dino Day
For the Glory of Humanity
User Info.
that show was so sick, great seeing them and B&C
Hey, I follow you on Tumblr. Just sayin'
11:31 AM on 04/02/12
collideoscopic
User Info.
they didnt play it in denver, so its not an every night thing.

But we did get Bury Your Flame instead - fair trade, IMHO. I still think Ed Benz is more powerful than King Park, and we got that one too.
12:49 PM on 04/02/12
HoldThatSound
racaaabeef
User Info.
I've learned how to play around a dozen of their songs and they are most often in standard or drop D tuning. They have a song in Drop C too. I haven't tried to play You And I in Unison yet, but I couldn't imagine the tuning being that obscure.
live I think they play it in a different key, like a half step up or whatever you call it. I dunno, I just woke up and can barely think
01:25 PM on 04/02/12
albertad
User Info.
Dood, Such Small Hands of course! It's their most popular song!
But try their split with Touchè Amorè. Why It Scares Me and How I Feel are pretty good.
If you're into a more heavy skram-ish sound, try their debut EP Vancouver. To Withstand the Force of Storms is a really great song.

Cool, I'll check it out!
01:47 PM on 04/02/12
D' Evils
User Info.
But we did get Bury Your Flame instead - fair trade, IMHO. I still think Ed Benz is more powerful than King Park, and we got that one too.
True Ed Benz was great live, the whole show was amazing and i cant complain about the setlist.
09:28 PM on 04/02/12
romanceisdead
User Info.
This song always give me goosebumps. No matter how many times I listen to this album through. Those feelings always hit me so hard.
08:48 PM on 04/03/12
llluminate
User Info.
I just found out this song is based off a true story. Here is an article about the murder suspect that killed himself in Grand Rapids (La Dispute's hometown).

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapi...ms_gather.html

Haunting

Edit: "A year or two ago, down the street from where Brad [Vander Lugt, drums] and I work, a kid was shot. It's an area that's been riddled with gang violence, which has been really sad to witness. It was the son of a lady I work with's best friend. He was shot accidentally in a drive-by shooting that was intended for the group of people he was getting off the bus with - friends from his school. There were a couple of days where everyone knew who had done it and who had been shot.

There was this weird, eerie calm, and they found the guy in a hotel room on the other side of town. He locked himself in his room and shot himself. That line 'Do I still get to heaven if I kill myself?' is something he asked his uncle when talking about what to do."

Found this Jordan Dryer quote. Sorry if this is old news.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests