Username
Password

02:24 AM on 04/01/12 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 25 Years Old
How infuriating is this? I was without a phone for far too long and everybody was like, "please get a cell phone again! I miss talking to you every day." Now that I have one they never seem to text me or respond to my texts unless they initiate (and get very angry if I don't answer within ten minutes!), though. I don't even troll them! And I am pleasant! And a wonderful conversationalist! Why do none of the seven people in my phone want me? Why?

Plz don't delete me, sbjk187onanundercovercop (sic), this is an earnest attempt to garner sympathy, not a troll thread.
05:26 AM on 04/01/12 
User Info.
prospekt
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
All people should respond to text within 1-2 hours, depending on what they're doing.

I have no idea why people get a text at 9am, then text you back at 11pm or something. There's no way they didn't check their phone all day.
06:40 AM on 04/01/12 
User Info.
SwertsOnALog
Jump Jump
Ohio
Male - 26 Years Old
I get so excited when someone texts me, that I just have to text back right at that second. Every time.
07:34 AM on 04/01/12 
User Info.
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
Everett, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
I'm terrible at 'playing it cool' when texting. I just have to respond right when I get a text.
08:08 AM on 04/01/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
I have to confess as an ignorer. Unless its immediate family or my best friend whom I'm making plans with, I'm really bad about texting back when I have the chance. I usually see the text, but am too busy and forget to respond later.

One of my good friends is the same way, which makes for humorous texting adventures. We could be talking about one specific thing, but it will go on for weeks because we both don't respond for like one to three days between texts.
08:41 AM on 04/01/12 
User Info.
ellie117
EAGLES, Phillies, Flyers, tacos.
south jersey
Female - 24 Years Old
I sometimes work 10/11-hour shifts and cannot check my phone at all, so if you text me when I first get into work, too bad.

I don't get that many texts anyway, though
08:43 AM on 04/01/12 
User Info.
cowlord
( \_(ツ)_/)
Dayton, OH
Male - 20 Years Old
Honestly, If I text someone about plans we made earlier, or making plans in general, if they don't text me back it pisses me off. I would honestly take a "fuck you, you annoying little twerp. I have better things to do" over an ignored text. I am ashamed to say these things make me angry.
08:49 AM on 04/01/12 
User Info.
allthewaysaid
Have a feeling I'll die in my20s...
Texas
Male - 22 Years Old
I work, son. So, after a long shift getting a text that says "heyy" doesn't seem that important at the time. If I'm not busy I'll reply as soon as I get the text, but there's some people that I just don't care about so I just don't reply at all.

I always love reading those three words DTF, it doesn't matter what I'm doing or if I'm working, I will reply asap.
08:56 AM on 04/01/12 
User Info.
allthewaysaid
Have a feeling I'll die in my20s...
Texas
Male - 22 Years Old
sbjk187onanundercovercop sucks dick btw.
09:16 AM on 04/01/12 
User Info.
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
Miami Fl
Male - 21 Years Old
I definitely ignore for a while. I do try to text back under a reasonable time limit, but I'm not gonna lie there's been quite a few instances in which I put it off and I completely forget.
09:39 AM on 04/01/12 
User Info.
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
Seattle
Male - 23 Years Old
I'm one of the, 'ignorers'... Most of the time I don't reply to people... I'll see the text, and shove my phone back in my pocket, and then not realize it, so it's kiiiiinda on purpose, kinda not... The only time I get super pissed is when I'm trying to make plans with someone, and they don't reply within maybe 10 minutes... Then it's kinda just like... WTF dude.
10:00 AM on 04/01/12 
User Info.
DylanPPPP
Noooooooooooch
Saginaw, MI
Male - 21 Years Old
Yeah people that don't text back when making plans are the worst.

"hey what're you doing?"

"nothing, you?"

"Not much either. Wanna do something?"

....no response.

What's even worse is when someone asks me if I wanna do something, I say sure, and they never text back. Either I have bad friends or they just troll me hard from time to time.
10:05 AM on 04/01/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
Ugh I have to agree with when you're trying to talk details about plans that are likely within a few hours and you know damn well the other person isn't doing anything atm and they're taking years to reply.

Like, my cousin and my friend (who are incidentally best friends) are both fucking HORRIBLE at responding, my cousin always claims her service was bad. But I know her area. Her service wasn't bad. She knows what she's doing. YET SOMEHOW SERVICE WORKS WHEN THEY TEXT EACH OTHER... And only each other.

We made plans on Friday to get together today for Wrestlemania and I called the one friend because I knew he was home and wouldn't respond to texts, as I said he rarely does. So he's like "Yeah your cousins gonna pick me up, we'll see you Sunday" so last night I sent them both like five texts just trying to confirm a time, decide what to order to eat, etc. Neither responded, so now I'm like, I have no idea when to get ready or even if we're still on, and technically my cousin never said to me at all if she was coming since she never responded to my invite and I just have to go off what I hear through others. LIKE WHO ARE YOU, JUST ANSWER YOUR FUCKING PHONE

This happens only when we're making plans, any other time of the week she responds within an hour. The only people they respond to in a crucial moment of making plans is each other but 90% of the time they're together so it's pointless. I don't even know why, it's fucking frustrating.

/rant about own friends
10:16 AM on 04/01/12 
User Info.
NaughtyScotty
SSFC
Male - 23 Years Old
definitely had one friend who was TERRIBLE at this. same thing with phone calls, always made some lame excuse for bailing on plans or not getting to texts. eventually he's lost almost all of his friends because no one wants to put up with that shit.

same type of thing happened to me last night, a girl who i haven't seen in probably 5 months and I have been trying to meet up for drinks for a while, it takes hours to even get halfway through plans and somehow they fall through. I've known this girl for a good 5 years now and a few times we've tried to hangout she's initiated, so pretty sure i'm not being avoided...

in the end people suck when trying to coordinate plans.
10:22 AM on 04/01/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
definitely had one friend who was TERRIBLE at this. same thing with phone calls, always made some lame excuse for bailing on plans or not getting to texts. eventually he's lost almost all of his friends because no one wants to put up with that shit.

same type of thing happened to me last night, a girl who i haven't seen in probably 5 months and I have been trying to meet up for drinks for a while, it takes hours to even get halfway through plans and somehow they fall through. I've known this girl for a good 5 years now and a few times we've tried to hangout she's initiated, so pretty sure i'm not being avoided...

in the end people suck when trying to coordinate plans.

Seriously, like for a few months I didn't even see my cousin who's been my best friend since we were in neighboring wombs together because she's so goddamn annoying with her phone and getting back to you. It's so much more annoying when it's someone close to you because you know they're just lazy, not avoiding you.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos